• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 6 NFL predictions

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you see all of them and I've only seen DEN twice this yr...obviously DEN plays PIT this year, and assuming we're not getting our doors blown off early I'm curious to see how Haley decides to attack the Broncos. Bell and Williams should get 30 touches in that one. The thought of Ben throwing it 40 times vs those OLBs is not comforting.

Yeah I thought that is how teams would attack us. And usually in the 1st half they do seem to try and run the football but by the 2nd half they have just about abandoned that idea most weeks. I can't hardly remember the Raiders trying to run the football in the 2nd half. Probably KC is about the only team that really tried it the whole game but they were also up by 2 touchdowns for a big chunk of the game so it is a little more understandable and that is the game we struggled the most against the run as Charles' speed seemed to be what we struggled with the most.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I thought that is how teams would attack us. And usually in the 1st half they do seem to try and run the football but by the 2nd half they have just about abandoned that idea most weeks. I can't hardly remember the Raiders trying to run the football in the 2nd half. Probably KC is about the only team that really tried it the whole game but they were also up by 2 touchdowns for a big chunk of the game so it is a little more understandable and that is the game we struggled the most against the run as Charles' speed seemed to be what we struggled with the most.

Most teams will abandon the running game down 2 possessions in the 2nd half and I don't think you abandon it until you're down 2 possessions inside 10 mins. IMO...anytime you get pass heavy vs a high sack type DEF...you have made their day.

KC...tough loss because Smith is out of his comfort zone having to be the man...Reid is a fighter, and will keep them together, but who do they turn to on the field to lead them? Rhetorical...it has to be Smith, but this is going to be his make of break season. I don't wish this on him, but if he has a poor year, and they have a top 10 pick...I'm not saying you cut him, but don't you have to look for another QB in the draft.?

The DC should be fired if they don't turn it around, too many players on that side of the ball to have a bad DEF.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta 35 at New Orleans 31 <----- Atlanta 21 at New Orleans 31
Washington 14 at New York Jets 21
Arizona 35
at Pittsburgh 24
Kansas City 13 at Minnesota 17
Cincinnati 24
at Buffalo 14
Chicago 28 at Detroit 21
Denver 31 at Cleveland 21
Houston 17 at Jacksonville 23
Miami 20 at Tennessee 24
Carolina 20 at Seattle 28
San Diego 14 at Green Bay 28
Baltimore 27
at San Francisco 21
New England 34 at Indianapolis 17
New York Giants 27 at Philadelphia 24

Bye Week: Dallas, Oakland, St. Louis, Tampa Bay

Overall: 46-31 (.5974) with 23 close predictions

Week 1: 10-6 (.6250) with 5 close predictions
Week 2: 8-8 (.5000) with 6 close predictions
Week 3: 9-7 (.5625) with 5 close predictions
Week 4: 10-5 (.6667) with 2 close predictions
Week 5: 9-5 (.6429) with 5 close predictions

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL96Steeler you just don't believe in the Broncos much this year do you? Picked them to lose against the Raiders last week. I don't blame you as the offense has looked terrible but a bit surprised you picked them 2 weeks in a row to lose to teams that have been picking top-10 almost every year.

This week I missed not having the tkt...with no Falcon game I thought both Fox and CBS might have double headers...nada...1p we only got the DEN @ CLE game...I was working on some honey do stuff, but the TV was close by.

See what I mean? Broncos won the game, but I figured it to be a close...Browns had a legit shot to win it in reg....actually they should have.

The DEF is good, but this Bronco team is lacking more so than the '14 team...Fouts seems to think the OFC is not well suited to Peyton, but he does recognize that Manning is not the same guy...noted several times that Manning had good zip on the ball....essentially trying to say he CAN still throw it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week I missed not having the tkt...with no Falcon game I thought both Fox and CBS might have double headers...nada...1p we only got the DEN @ CLE game...I was working on some honey do stuff, but the TV was close by.

See what I mean? Broncos won the game, but I figured it to be a close...Browns had a legit shot to win it in reg....actually they should have.

The DEF is good, but this Bronco team is lacking more so than the '14 team...Fouts seems to think the OFC is not well suited to Peyton, but he does recognize that Manning is not the same guy...noted several times that Manning had good zip on the ball....essentially trying to say he CAN still throw it.

Oh I figured it would be close too. I just figured because the Broncos have shown this year so far that in those close games they know how to close them out that they would come out on top which is why I was surprised that you had the Browns picked. Now I will say the Broncos should have lost that game. They had some things go their way at the end that I just couldn't believe. Good teams find a way to win in those moments though.

Thankfully the Broncos have a bye week. If they don't get things figured out this week for the offense then unless the defense just plays at a historical level in the playoffs I don't think the Broncos can completely overcome the terribleness that is their offense. There are a lot of great offensive minds in the Broncos organization so I'm guessing this entire week will be geared towards figuring something out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I figured it would be close too. I just figured because the Broncos have shown this year so far that in those close games they know how to close them out that they would come out on top which is why I was surprised that you had the Browns picked. Now I will say the Broncos should have lost that game. They had some things go their way at the end that I just couldn't believe. Good teams find a way to win in those moments though.

Thankfully the Broncos have a bye week. If they don't get things figured out this week for the offense then unless the defense just plays at a historical level in the playoffs I don't think the Broncos can completely overcome the terribleness that is their offense. There are a lot of great offensive minds in the Broncos organization so I'm guessing this entire week will be geared towards figuring something out.

I may have told you this, but I'm originally from TN, so I've always followed P. Manning and quietly root for him still today.

Yep, the winning teams typically know how to close out games. Losing teams don't.

1st & 10 from DEN 11...inside of 2 min...they call a pass play, incomplete...then a running play for 3, then incomplete on 3rd down they tie it with the FG on 4th....even with that...they left enough time for th eold PM to beat them in regulation....the flow of that drive...the run (as we spoke last week) was hurting DEN, especially the stretch play to the left....they got themselves into a 3rd and long and that's where DEN's D is at their best....just bad play calling...played for the tie imo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have told you this, but I'm originally from TN, so I've always followed P. Manning and quietly root for him still today.

Yep, the winning teams typically know how to close out games. Losing teams don't.

1st & 10 from DEN 11...inside of 2 min...they call a pass play, incomplete...then a running play for 3, then incomplete on 3rd down they tie it with the FG on 4th....even with that...they left enough time for th eold PM to beat them in regulation....the flow of that drive...the run (as we spoke last week) was hurting DEN, especially the stretch play to the left....they got themselves into a 3rd and long and that's where DEN's D is at their best....just bad play calling...played for the tie imo.

Yeah I was surprised with some of the play calling at the end for both teams honestly. The Broncos when they had a slim lead decided to pass in the middle of the 4th quarter instead of the run game that was averaging over 4.5 yards per carry and was actually working. So they ended up with a drive that took only like 45 seconds off the clock instead of running it and taking closer to 2-3 minutes off the clock if they don't get a first down. It did seem that both offenses were playing not to lose instead of actually caring to win.

The Broncos definitely have some serious issues despite being 6-0. I love this defense but with how the offense has been and especially how Peyton has been turning the ball over like he has I just can't see this team doing much in the playoffs unless they can get something figured out. Now I will say they did have a great run game yesterday and the OL is starting to look better each week. If they can get a run game going then I think they can do a bit more to cover up the issues of Peyton.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was surprised with some of the play calling at the end for both teams honestly. The Broncos when they had a slim lead decided to pass in the middle of the 4th quarter instead of the run game that was averaging over 4.5 yards per carry and was actually working. So they ended up with a drive that took only like 45 seconds off the clock instead of running it and taking closer to 2-3 minutes off the clock if they don't get a first down. It did seem that both offenses were playing not to lose instead of actually caring to win.

The Broncos definitely have some serious issues despite being 6-0. I love this defense but with how the offense has been and especially how Peyton has been turning the ball over like he has I just can't see this team doing much in the playoffs unless they can get something figured out. Now I will say they did have a great run game yesterday and the OL is starting to look better each week. If they can get a run game going then I think they can do a bit more to cover up the issues of Peyton.

Quick AFC outlook.

E...who else...NE, but the Jets look better than last year and have the D to hang around...BUF...maybe...one of the WCs probably come out of the E.

N...CIN is maintaining a 2 game DIV lead, but they are winning games like I have not seen in recently...I expected the BUF D to be a factor...the front 7 barely laid a hand on Dalton. We'll have to see how PIT holds up to the balance of a wicked schedule, but if Ben gets back at 5-2...or even 4-3...they are still in the DIV mix if the can beat CIN week 8, but look to be at least a WC

S...IND, nobody else will factor

W...DEN...maybe the Chargers hang around for a WC, but DEN will win the DIV barring something crazy happening...the question is can they be a 1 or 2 seed? If the run game can be sustained and keep Manning out of 3rd a long a lot...maybe this team can make some noise in the 2nd season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick AFC outlook.

E...who else...NE, but the Jets look better than last year and have the D to hang around...BUF...maybe...one of the WCs probably come out of the E.

N...CIN is maintaining a 2 game DIV lead, but they are winning games like I have not seen in recently...I expected the BUF D to be a factor...the front 7 barely laid a hand on Dalton. We'll have to see how PIT holds up to the balance of a wicked schedule, but if Ben gets back at 5-2...or even 4-3...they are still in the DIV mix if the can beat CIN week 8, but look to be at least a WC

S...IND, nobody else will factor

W...DEN...maybe the Chargers hang around for a WC, but DEN will win the DIV barring something crazy happening...the question is can they be a 1 or 2 seed? If the run game can be sustained and keep Manning out of 3rd a long a lot...maybe this team can make some noise in the 2nd season.

It seems crazy to me that 6 weeks in for the most part barring something crazy happening we have a pretty clear picture of the teams that will be in the playoffs. 6-0 teams have made the playoffs I think all but 2 times in the history of the NFL so that means with almost certainty (again crazy things can happen) Denver, NE, and Cincy will be in the playoffs. The Colts are so freaking lucky to be in such a terrible division. So good chance that gives us 4 teams with only 2 more spots to be figured out. I do like what the Jets are doing right now. That defense combined with a great run game is the Seattle formula for success and they are doing it to perfection. So that gives us what I would consider 5 teams that are a 90-92% lock to make the playoffs. I know this is early and maybe I am jumping the gun but to me that final playoff spot is the one that is up in the air. I can't believe that your team keeps on winning without Big Ben so that only bodes well for them moving forward when he does get back to the field. I would put them as the front runner right now

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta 35 at New Orleans 31 <----- Atlanta 21 at New Orleans 31
Washington 14 at New York Jets 21 <----- Washington 20 at New York Jets 34
Arizona 35 at Pittsburgh 24 <----- Arizona 13 at Pittsburgh 25
Kansas City 13 at Minnesota 17 <----- Kansas City 10 at Minnesota 16 (#)
Cincinnati 24 at Buffalo 14 <----- Cincinnati 34 at Buffalo 21
Chicago 28 at Detroit 21 <----- Chicago 34 at Detroit 37
Denver 31 at Cleveland 21 <----- Denver 26 at Cleveland 23 (#)
Houston 17 at Jacksonville 23 <----- Houston 31 at Jacksonville 20
Miami 20 at Tennessee 24 <----- Miami 38 at Tennessee 10
Carolina 20 at Seattle 28 <----- Carolina 27 at Seattle 23 (#)
San Diego 14 at Green Bay 28 <----- San Diego 20 at Green Bay 27 (#)
Baltimore 27 at San Francisco 21 <----- Baltimore 20 at San Francisco 25 (#)
New England 34 at Indianapolis 17 <----- New England 34 at Indianapolis 27
New York Giants 27 at Philadelphia 24 <----- New York Giants 7 at Philadelphia 27

Bye Week: Dallas, Oakland, St. Louis, Tampa Bay

Overall: 46-31 (.5974) with 23 close predictions

Week 1: 10-6 (.6250) with 5 close predictions
Week 2: 8-8 (.5000) with 6 close predictions
Week 3: 9-7 (.5625) with 5 close predictions
Week 4: 10-5 (.6667) with 2 close predictions
Week 5: 9-5 (.6429) with 5 close predictions
Week 6: 6-8 with 5 close predictions

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-6...rough but over .500...enough road teams came thru to make it ugly.

CLE...really blew it.
SEA...who would have thought?
TN/JAX...took a chance...JAX seems to play well then go back in hiding