• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 15 Recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're down to the final two weeks of the season, and the playoff picture is still pretty much in flux. This week the winless win, the lossless lose, the Giants choke, and the Steelers gag. Here we go:

Week 15 Power Rankings:

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-They'd be better off playing backups.
31. Indianapolis Colts-Still stink, but at least they're still trying. (I'm still looking at you Tampa Bay)
30. St Louis Rams-They're an injury away from having "Who wants to start for an NFL team?" night at the stadium.
29. Cleveland Browns-The only thing worse than punting to Peterson in overtime (moronic), is leaving Larry Fitzgerald wide open in overtime (epic fail).
28. Minnesota Vikings-The Viking secondary is in critical condition after being bludgeoned, battered, and beaten by Brees. Please send flowers.
27. Jacksonville Jaguars-I think their starting WRs for this game were Larry, his brother Darryl, and his other brother Darryl. (My apologies if you don't get the reference)
26. Buffalo Bills-Congratulations Buffalo. You just made Reggie Bush worth that #2 pick.
25. Chicago Bears-With Hanie at QB, they might not beat any of the teams below them. (Except the quitters in Tampa)
24. Miami Dolphins-See. It was Sparano all along.
23. Washington Redskins-Kudos to the Redskins for having the foresight to travel back in time and get 2010 Eli to play against.
22. Kansas City Chiefs-I think, just maybe, Kyle Orton is an upgrade over Tyler Palko.
21. Carolina Panthers-Remember when some people thought Claussen should start?
20. Tennessee Titans-Lost to the Colts. So you probably lost your shot at the playoffs and your dignity all at once.
19. New York Giants-The Giants continue to be the anti-Chargers in December.
18. Oakland Raiders-So, their plan was to slow down Megatron, apparently by putting Rolando McClain on him on the last drive. Genius.
17. Arizona Cardinals-They're 3-0 in OT. They should defer, even if they win the toss in OT and wait for the other team to make the idiotic decision to kick to #21.
16. Seattle Seahawks-Struggled early with Chicago's D, but pulled away when it became Hanie-time.
15. Philadelphia Eagles-If they had played just half this well early in the year, they'd easily be in 1st place.
14. Cincinnati Bengals-Kept playoff hope alive, but are going to have to prove they can beat a good team at some point.
13. San Diego Chargers-See Eagles, Philadelphia.
12. Denver Broncos-Tim Tebow-Meet Tom Brady. Has anybody checked on Skip Bayless?
11. New York Jets-Apparently they forgot they were in a playoff race.
10. Dallas Cowboys-Took advantage of a lifeless Buccaneers team.
9. Houston Texans-Injuries starting to catch up to them?
8. Atlanta Falcons-Can prove they're a playoff threat with a win against Brees and the Saints this weekend.
7. Detroit Lions-Did Brandon Pettigrew play with broken fingers??
6. Baltimore Ravens-Got blown completely out of the stadium. Luckily for them....
5. Pittsburgh Steelers-Didn't take advantage of a chance at 1st place. Ben hurt them by playing. There's tough, and there's stupid. Ben was both.
4. San Francisco 49ers-Aldon Smith might have stolen DROY with that performance on national TV.
3. New England Patriots-Seriously, has anybody made sure Skip Bayless is still with us?
2. New Orleans Saints-In any other year, Drew Brees would win MVP in a landslide. He's amazing to watch.
1. Green Bay Packers-The one thing that can derail even the best team is injuries, especially to the offensive line.

MVPs of the Week:

Drew Brees-Has all but put Dan Marino's record behind him. He's a machine.
Reggie Bush-Had the kind of game we've been expecting out of him since he was drafted.
Calvin Johnson-Was supposedly the focal point of the Raider D. Yikes.
Donald Brown-Got the Colts in the win column.

Goats of the Week:

Entire Buccaneers Team-(just shakes head)
Eli Manning-Way to buckle down for the playoff stretch.
Raiders D-Seriously, WTF was Rolando McClain doing covering Megatron? I'm no DC, but that seems like a bad idea.
Ben Roethlisberger/coaches-He clearly shouldn't have been in the game.

Random Thoughts:

1. The San Francisco defense is just scary, and that was without Patrick Willis.
2. If you haven't seen AJ Green play, do yourself a favor, and catch a game. Even his non-counting catches are ridiculous. (The one-handed grab out of the enzone was a thing of beauty.)
3. The Giants still make the playoffs if they win out, but I have no faith in them at all.
4. I kinda wish Janikowski's last FG attempt hadn't been blocked. I think there's a fair chance he makes it.
5. If the Chargers or Eagles luck into the playoffs, I wouldn't want to play them.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, nice write-up.

Only thing I would say is that Aldon Smith has not "stolen" the Def. Rookie of the year award, but dude as EARNED it. His year has been flat out amazing to watch on the defensive end.

Even 2010 Manning is better than 2011 Sanchez...I'll take the giants. (gulp).

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say he stole it because it seemed like Von Miller ha it wrapped up, but that was one hell of a performance in front of a national audience against the Steelers.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say he stole it because it seemed like Von Miller ha it wrapped up, but that was one hell of a performance in front of a national audience against the Steelers.

I don't know.... Tebowmania has really helped Von Miller's cause. People tune in to see Tebow and they end up watching a clinic by Miller. If Orton had started the entire year, I don't think anyone would be watching.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's true as well. Aldon Smith stated his case Monday anyway.