• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 12 Upset Picks

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech over North Carolina
Virginia Tech seems to have been playing their best the past few weeks, they've had better QB play and it being Senior Night and Beamers last home game as coach there will be lots of emotions and I think the players will feed off that.
Virginia Tech 31, North Carolina 26

The Citadel over South Carolina

This one is pretty off the wall but I have a feeling about this game. The Citadel is one of the better FCS teams and is in contention to make the playoffs. South Carolina has 7 losses and is out of the bowl picture so the players don't have much to play for, plus they face Clemson next week in a big rivalry game which I think the players will be looking ahead to.
The Citadel 31, South Carolina 28

Arkansas over Mississippi State

Arkansas has finally found their rhythm and are playing their best football of the season. Mississippi State is coming off a loss to Alabama, one of the most physical teams in the country and I think the Mississippi State players won't be fully recovered from such a physical game.
Arkansas 27, Mississippi State 24

California over Stanford

I have no real reason for picking this other than a gut feeling and a few factors that I think could come into play. Stanford is coming off a loss to Oregon which erased their hope of making the Playoff which could affect some of the teams determination and fight, they could feel as though the season is lost. California just gave their head coach an extension which could help the players, not to mention this is a big rivalry game and all kinds of weird things can happen.
California 34, Stanford 27

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My upset picks...

Penn State over #14 Michigan 21-17 - It is at Beaver Stadium a week before Michigan faces Ohio State. It follows Rudock's 6-TD performance. I smell a trap on this one.

Ole Miss over #17 LSU 31-28 - The Rebel's are stronger against the run than they are against the pass. If they can force LSU to rely on the pass, I can see them pulling off the upset.

#21 Wisconsin over #20 Northwestern 21-14 - I don't know if this is really an upset either way, but the AP did put NW higher rank. Wisconsin's offense is better than NW's, and both defenses are strong.

Top 25 (AP) games I expect to be a 1-score difference game...

#4 Oklahoma State over #10 Baylor 38-35
#5 Notre Dame over Boston College 28-21
#15 Stanford over California 35-28
#18 Utah over UCLA 31-30
#22 USC over #23 Oregon 45-38
#24 Washington State over Colorado 31-28

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech over North Carolina
Virginia Tech seems to have been playing their best the past few weeks, they've had better QB play and it being Senior Night and Beamers last home game as coach there will be lots of emotions and I think the players will feed off that.
Virginia Tech 31, North Carolina 26

The Citadel over South Carolina

This one is pretty off the wall but I have a feeling about this game. The Citadel is one of the better FCS teams and is in contention to make the playoffs. South Carolina has 7 losses and is out of the bowl picture so the players don't have much to play for, plus they face Clemson next week in a big rivalry game which I think the players will be looking ahead to.
The Citadel 31, South Carolina 28

Arkansas over Mississippi State

Arkansas has finally found their rhythm and are playing their best football of the season. Mississippi State is coming off a loss to Alabama, one of the most physical teams in the country and I think the Mississippi State players won't be fully recovered from such a physical game.
Arkansas 27, Mississippi State 24

California over Stanford

I have no real reason for picking this other than a gut feeling and a few factors that I think could come into play. Stanford is coming off a loss to Oregon which erased their hope of making the Playoff which could affect some of the teams determination and fight, they could feel as though the season is lost. California just gave their head coach an extension which could help the players, not to mention this is a big rivalry game and all kinds of weird things can happen.
California 34, Stanford 27
Only one I agree with is Arky over MSU and according to vegas it is not an upset.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only one I agree with is Arky over MSU and according to vegas it is not an upset.
Not so sure Ole Miss over LSU would be much of an upset either, especially after the way LSU has been exposed the last couple of weeks.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure Ole Miss over LSU would be much of an upset either, especially after the way LSU has been exposed the last couple of weeks.
Not an upset at all. Even when LSU was undefeated I expected LSU to lose that game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arky over Miss St isnt an upset