• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 25

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont see any legit reason to have florida number 1. They have a nice win streak but have beaten who exactly? If you make an argument for florida then you can make one for st louis too. Seriously.

Seriously? Um no.

Florida is undefeated with their current, healthy, starting lineup. Their two losses both came on the road. Both came with starters out. They have wins against Kansas, @Kentucky, and vs Memphis on a neutral court.

Saint Louis two losses were road/neutral losses. And they have wins over no one in the top 25. Saint Louis is basically, Wichita State with more losses, and fewer wins over ranked teams.

St. Louis and Florida are only superficially similar.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Um no.

Florida is undefeated with their current, healthy, starting lineup. Their two losses both came on the road. Both came with starters out. They have wins against Kansas, @Kentucky, and vs Memphis on a neutral court.

Saint Louis two losses were road/neutral losses. And they have wins over no one in the top 25. Saint Louis is basically, Wichita State with more losses, and fewer wins over ranked teams.

St. Louis and Florida are only superficially similar.

Yeah but unfortunately the only decent team florida has beat since fully healty is kentucky. St louis has played a better schedule in that span. I have no issue with florida because in the end it doesnt matter but if you are legit ranking teams off their entire year then no way is florida first.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but unfortunately the only decent team florida has beat since fully healty is kentucky. St louis has played a better schedule in that span. I have no issue with florida because in the end it doesnt matter but if you are legit ranking teams off their entire year then no way is florida first.

If it's on the entire year then Arizona is first. But it's not, so we will take third come Monday and be just fine with that

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's on the entire year then Arizona is first. But it's not, so we will take third come Monday and be just fine with that

Yeah see I think it is the whole year. Thats why Id have Zona #1 and Wisconsin top 6 or 7 but different people judge it different so I get it

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can include the entire year, but weight more recent games heavier than the early season games. I'm more interested in how a team is playing now than I am in how they played in November.

This is one of those spots where the distinction between a team and its resume needs to be made clear. It sounds like you're wanting to look purely at resume, and if that's the case, have a look at the RPI.

If you're going by the eyeball test, I still think Florida looks to be better than St. Louis.

If you look at the BPI, it has Florida at #2 which makes your claim of "no way" seem a little overboard.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can include the entire year, but weight more recent games heavier than the early season games. I'm more interested in how a team is playing now than I am in how they played in November.

This is one of those spots where the distinction between a team and its resume needs to be made clear. It sounds like you're wanting to look purely at resume, and if that's the case, have a look at the RPI.

If you're going by the eyeball test, I still think Florida looks to be better than St. Louis.

If you look at the BPI, it has Florida at #2 which makes your claim of "no way" seem a little overboard.

Makes sense since the bpi takes injuries into account. I dont really care about human rankings anyway because they are useless. If I care about teams performance as opposed to rpi ill use kenpom, sagarin or massey.

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse going from #1 to 11? Has that ever happened before? Okay losing to BC was embarrassing but Duke was #5 team.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Gator fan with no self respect, LOL, I believe Florida is right where they belong. That said, I have to agree that Florida is not the best basketball team in America and if we had to play in some of the other conferences we would have some more losses.....maybe, but we don't know for sure. As far as I'm concerned, any 1 or 2 seed is just fine and that gives any team a good position to go all the way, so it doesn't really matter.

I would be very surprised if Florida wins out, including the SEC tournament. Biggest reason is our coach is not going to risk injury and still wants to get minutes in for both Walkers so we will have 8 solid players for the tournament.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Florida
2) Arizona
3) Wichita State
4) Kansas
5) Creighton
6) Villanova
7) Duke
8) Louisville
9) St. Louis
10) Virginia
11) Syracuse
12) Cincinnati
13) Iowa State
14) Wisconsin
15) Kentucky
16) Michigan
17) San Diego State
18) Connecticut
19) North Carolina
20) Michigan State
21) Iowa
22) Ohio State
23) Nebraska
24) Oklahoma
25) New Mexico

What is the password for the SportsHoopla bracket challenge?