• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My take on where Chip has gone wrong...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes beyond the guards but they are definitely part of the problem.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kelly blamed the backside blocking for the poor running. Backside blocking would be the guards. Anyone watching the tape would have to take off their shoes to count the number of times you see the guards moving to the second level as someone goes whizzing by into the backfield

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SethJjoyner pointed out last night that Chip runs a soft TC. They don't hit very much at all. Buddy and Andy had 2 a days, and were hitting in all of them. Maybe that's why we have so many injuries - the guys are not strong.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SethJjoyner pointed out last night that Chip runs a soft TC. They don't hit very much at all. Buddy and Andy had 2 a days, and were hitting in all of them. Maybe that's why we have so many injuries - the guys are not strong.

With the new NFL rules, it's not just the Eagles but all teams are dealing with the same issues

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles are a soft team
Have been so for a couple of years IMO

I haven't had my coffee yet so maybe my mind is sluggish but I can't think of a bruising mean player or players that the Eagles have had recently
Maclin, McCoy, Jackson were not players like that

Peters seems to have lost a step this year
Murray could be that type of player - one who punishes - if he gets rolling

Maybe it isn't needed but I do miss the days of Dawkins, Joyner, Hopkins, etc.
I'm not saying dirty players but hard hitting punishing players that opponents get their head on a swivel for

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings made the same point about the lack of hitting. Some coaches say you need hitting in TC to see what certain guys are really made of. I guess Chip thinks he can tell. He may be wrong.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings made the same point about the lack of hitting. Some coaches say you need hitting in TC to see what certain guys are really made of. I guess Chip thinks he can tell. He may be wrong.

These guys have been playing football since they were nine years old. I don't think they need to see them hit each other to know if they are tough at this point in their careers.

It could put you a little behind the teams that have been hitting early in the season. But from a player evaluation point of view, you have seen both these guards against live NFL action enough to know what they are made of.

I don't think these guys were outmanned on Sunday as much as outschemed. That and just plain stupid at times like Kelce's snap when no one was expecting it. 90% of the guards in the league are really just the same guy physically. The talent and/or physical part kind of evens itself out ant its more about technique, scheme and cohesion. Kelce and Herremans are not physically superior to Barbre and Gardner.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are a soft team
Have been so for a couple of years IMO

I haven't had my coffee yet so maybe my mind is sluggish but I can't think of a bruising mean player or players that the Eagles have had recently
Maclin, McCoy, Jackson were not players like that

Peters seems to have lost a step this year
Murray could be that type of player - one who punishes - if he gets rolling

Maybe it isn't needed but I do miss the days of Dawkins, Joyner, Hopkins, etc.
I'm not saying dirty players but hard hitting punishing players that opponents get their head on a swivel for

I'd say that Cox and Logan are very physical.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iggloo... that pic of Bradford just makes me laugh (and cry) everytime I see it.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should make an offer for RG3, probably pick him up for a mid-round pick.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the poor guard play is a false narrative. FWIW, PFF says the culprits were Kelce and Peters. These guys have been in the system for several years and have started and had success before.

The issue is this offense has gotten too predictable under Bradford for several reasons.
- He rarely tests them deep.
- He doesn't execute fakes very well so the defense knows what is coming. If your not going to do Read Option, you need an equivalent like the play action.
- The coaches are afraid to have him run read option as it exposes him to hits.
Too predictable under Bradford? How? He's played two games in Chips offense
I agree teams are crowding the box dating Bradford to throw deep, but the predictability is on Chip.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too predictable under Bradford? How? He's played two games in Chips offense
I agree teams are crowding the box dating Bradford to throw deep, but the predictability is on Chip.

I don't disagree. Its hard to say how much of protecting Bradford is Bradford or Kelly.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think we have more injuries than others?

I actually think we've had less over all.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. Its hard to say how much of protecting Bradford is Bradford or Kelly.
I'm surprised at the lack of offense with the Eagles so far, I never bought into the 40 points a game some have said will happen, but I did expect more than they have shown thus far. Who knows, maybe each man looks at himself to fix his individual mistakes and the offense works. I don't see it as a few individual mistakes but more so as a whole group not working together. I expected your defense would burn out due to how fast the offense got on and off the field, but I thought they'd have yards and points to show for it. I won't sit here and say the Eagles are done because if they figure out what ails them they will be hard to stop.

By the way I do hope Murray is OK, he's a class guy from Vegas.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that Cox and Logan are very physical.

yes mea culpa on my part

I realized after my previous post that I forgot about the Eagles front line
I agree that Cox and Logan and Kendricks are physical players
Hicks can possibly make it into that group as well

Didn't mean any slight to those players
I couldn't go back and edit and admittedly was too lazy to write a another post
I figured someone on here would call me out on it and then I would respond :)

I still think overall the Eagles are a soft team but maybe because of the style Kelly wants to play out there but even if a team is playing the style the Eagles are playing they could be a physical bruising team

Starts with the O-line though and unfortunately the Eagles O-line right now is rather weak

Anyways the Jets game looks like it is going to be a tough game but hopefully the Eagles offense starts kicking into gear and the Eagles prevail