• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My question to Ludwig and Hammock

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Cory Clement? In the bowl game he got one carry all game and he was on the field again? All season I kept wondering if he'd play more than just garbage time. I get that both Melvin Gordon and James White are very talented.

The coaches didn't have to show the wildcat look like they did against South Carolina(keep it in their back pocket), use backs and shift and motion them around. I would have loved to see more jet sweeps or bubble screens. Anything to get three of our better offensive weapons the ball in space and allow them to create. This is a team that was limited in the passing game, and I would have liked to see the offensive coaches do anything to stretch out a defense.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Cory Clement? In the bowl game he got one carry all game and he was on the field again? All season I kept wondering if he'd play more than just garbage time. I get that both Melvin Gordon and James White are very talented.

The coaches didn't have to show the wildcat look like they did against South Carolina(keep it in their back pocket), use backs and shift and motion them around. I would have loved to see more jet sweeps or bubble screens. Anything to get three of our better offensive weapons the ball in space and allow them to create. This is a team that was limited in the passing game, and I would have liked to see the offensive coaches do anything to stretch out a defense.

Eot

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the wildcat was overused and definitely didn't understand it. Other than that I don't think it was play calling or personnel. Stave is one unlucky kid, but when he went out that was the ball game. Phillips just wasn't ready this time.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the wildcat was overused and definitely didn't understand it. Other than that I don't think it was play calling or personnel. Stave is one unlucky kid, but when he went out that was the ball game. Phillips just wasn't ready this time.

I thought the wildcat was definitely overused. I loved the play calling in the Cap One Bowl, I was just thinking out loud if not only in the bowl game, but all year Clement could have been used more. One of Gary Andersen's big things was he wanted to find ways to get his best players on the field, I thought Clement had some explosion to him and was a big play waiting to happen. I would have like to see a little more creativity in getting him on the field throughout the season.

I agree about Stave being unlucky. I'm starting to think he probably won't be starting next season, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.