• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Post-Week 1 B1G Power Rankings

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 1st few weeks will really change. I am basing this on how I think they did so far this season. Obviously, in week 1, many dominated. So, I'm sure I could do this 10 times and come out with 10 different combinations at this point.

1. Michigan State (1-0) - I feel they looked the most complete.
2. Nebraska (1-0) - Very balanced offense vs FAU.
3. Michigan (1-0) - Threw very well against App St.
4. Ohio State (1-0) - Took a while to get their groove, but looked good once they did.
5. Penn State (1-0) - Played tough team in Ireland. Hung on to win.
6. Wisconsin (0-1) - Toughest opp. in B1G this week. Would be #1 if not for allowing LSU to rally and win.
7. Iowa (1-0) - Struggled to contain UNI's RB and passing. Took control in 2nd half. UNI good FCS team.
8. Minnesota (1-0) - Took a while to get going, but they dominated once they did. Weaker team.
9. Rutgers (1-0) - Offense did great, defense did terrible.
10. Maryland (1-0) - Great passing. James Madison not good in FCS.
11. Indiana (1-0) - Dominated a team they struggled against a year ago.
12. Illinois (1-0) - Going into the 4th, Illini trailed 9-7, and but scored 3 touchdowns in 4th vs Youngstown St
13. Purdue (1-0) - Hard battle vs WMU, won by 9.
14. Northwestern (0-1) - Dominated by Cal at home. That is bad.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched some of those highlights from that Michigan game.

Gardner is going to get slaughtered once Michigan starts playing against some Defenses with athletes. He just looks hesitant and throws knuckle balls. The guy got the shit scared out of him at the start of last season and it still is ruining him.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackenberg on the other hand.........that kid is gonna be a good one.

He can sling that shit.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has a lot of work to do. Defensively they were average, and Offensively they have "holy shit" type question marks attached to the QB position right now.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has a lot of work to do. Defensively they were average, and Offensively they have "holy shit" type question marks attached to the QB position right now.

I felt the opposite about Iowa. Offense they were average. Duzey (or however you spell his name) is going to be a great TE. He's like a glorified big WR. RBs didn't really produce anything. Leading rusher was a WR with 1 carry and went 35 yards.

Defensively, did good vs the run. Couldn't do anything against the pass until Carl Davis got warmed up. Even then, they still sucked at covering the quick passes and sideline passes just pass the 1st down mark.

Iowa's PK is not that good.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Michigan (1-0) - Threw very well against App St.
3. Ohio State (1-0) - Took a while to get their groove, but looked good once they did.
4. Penn State (1-0) - Played tough team in Ireland. Hung on to win.

5. Nebraska (1-0) - Very balanced offense vs FAU. Pretty sure App State might beat FAU

6. Wisconsin (0-1) - Toughest opp. in B1G this week. Would be #1 if not for allowing LSU to rally and win.
7. Iowa (1-0) - Struggled to contain UNI's RB and passing. Took control in 2nd half. UNI good FCS team.
8. Minnesota (1-0) - Took a while to get going, but they dominated once they did. Weaker team.
12. Illinois (1-0) - Going into the 4th, Illini trailed 9-7, and but scored 3 touchdowns in 4th vs Youngstown St

I don't have time to think on it, but Nebraska played a bad FAU team. A loss always hurts your power rating in my book.

I wonder when Wisconsin will fire their OC? During the season, two years ago?, Wisconsin fired their O Line coach. That OC has a lot of explaining to do to the team, the fans, the coach, and the AD.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 1st few weeks will really change. I am basing this on how I think they did so far this season. Obviously, in week 1, many dominated. So, I'm sure I could do this 10 times and come out with 10 different combinations at this point.

2. Nebraska (1-0) - Very balanced offense vs FAU.
3. Michigan (1-0) - Threw very well against App St.
4. Ohio State (1-0) - Took a while to get their groove, but looked good once they did.
5. Penn State (1-0) - Played tough team in Ireland. Hung on to win.

IU's is backwards, we killed ISU 73-35 last year. We took it easy on them this year (passed on a bunch of FGs), but it still made me nervous for our offense going forward. At least our defense looks improved.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Wisconsin fans and others are screaming about their offensive coordinator. From what I understand, Joel Stave warmed up and looked terrible. He could not really throw the ball with any accuracy. So they sat him.

As for Melvin Gordon, apparently he was hurt. No other possible explanation for why they wouldn't play him.

I would wait another game or two before panic sets in.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Wisconsin fans and others are screaming about their offensive coordinator. From what I understand, Joel Stave warmed up and looked terrible. He could not really throw the ball with any accuracy. So they sat him.

As for Melvin Gordon, apparently he was hurt. No other possible explanation for why they wouldn't play him.

They aren't going to be able to win the Big 10 with the QB play they have right now.

Teams will just stack the box and stuff Gordon.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither of those are true.

It was leaked long before the game that McEvoy was the starter. Stave has 19 starts and no injuries right now, and according to all, has looked great in practice all spring. I think McDonough and Spielman were talking about accuracy issues last year, but even if they weren't, that has nothing to do with Stave's benching.

And nobody has said Gordon was hurt. Melvin said he wasn't. The coaches say he wasn't. There are obvious answers for why he didn't play, but I don't want to get into conjecture, and frankly, I hope that the conjecture is incorrect.