• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My official Week 7 thread

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU vs. Baylor

TCU Horned Frogs vs. Baylor Bears - Recap - October 11, 2014 - ESPN

Congratulations, Baylor Bears! Your comeback effort (scoring the last 24 points in the game to erase a 21-point TCU lead) means you've won "Put up or..."

Baylor coach Art Briles: "Oh, shut up! My team needs a rest after this points-fest. Besides, we gotta visit West Virginia next week, and last time I checked they're a good team."

Oh, I guess we got a little antsy there. Sorry about that. Well, see you next week, then.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU vs. Florida

LSU Tigers vs. Florida Gators - Recap - October 11, 2014 - ESPN

Speaking of LSU, an emotional effort from the Tigers gave crazy Les Miles his 100th win at the school. As for Florida, they played well enough to win... they just didn't finish the job. So I don't know what that means for Will Muschamp.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 recap

And finally, it's time for "What We've Learned This Week!"

What I learned in Week 7 of this season is:

1. Colorado State vs. Utah State deserves our attention next week.

2. It's now down to East Carolina and Marshall competing for the "Group of 5" spot in one of the Big 6 bowls.

3. Watch EVERY game in the ACC from this point onwards; it's about to get fun over there.

4. No more days off for Ohio State after this week. And Rutgers wants to beat another big-leaguer.

5. Excluding Iowa State and Kansas, the teams in the Big 12 are starting to beat the snot out of each other. On a completely unrelated note, Baylor's now on upset alert against the Mountaineers.

6. Akron's a surprising 4-2, but the hard part of the season's coming up for them.

7. I'm completely abandoning UCLA as a contender from this moment forward thanks to Oregon. But Oregon's not out of the woods yet, 'cause Washington comes a calling next.

8. Maybe we should give Georgia the SEC East now; I don't see them losing any of their next 3 games... with or without Todd Gurley.

9. Sorry, state of Mississippi. I REALLY should have put more faith in your football teams... or rather team. 'Cause now I have true faith in the Bulldogs, but Ole Miss must play "monkey see, monkey do" and beat LSU and Auburn just like their rivals did.

And finally, my big announcement: I'll be doing a game thread for the Notre Dame/Florida State game next week. Don't miss it!

With that, I'm done here. Once again, I'll see you on Thursday with another weekly thread.