• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My official Week 6 thread

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina vs. Kentucky

South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Kentucky Wildcats - Recap - October 04, 2014 - ESPN

And now, a special interview with Steve Spurrier by Dolgevillefootballfan.

Me: "Mr. Spurrier, we just saw South Carolina get upset by Kentucky, a team everyone pegged for last place in the SEC. Considering how highly regarded you were in the preseason, I believe you owe me and the rest of the prognosticators on SportsHoopia an apology."

Steve: "Look, I know things look bad, but Kentucky played their hearts out. I have a bunch of kids I love, and the best thing we can do is try to get better next time. When you're a head coach, that's all you can do." (Goes to leave)

My dark side (to himself): "How about an 'I'm sorry'"?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California vs. Washington State

California Golden Bears vs. Washington State Cougars - Recap - October 04, 2014 - ESPN

...but it wasn't as good as this little classic, which wins "Best under-the-radar game of the week". California's improvement is dropping a lot of jaw...

Wait wait wait... (I look at the stats of Washington State again) Okay Mike Leach, so your quarterback broke the NCAA passing record, you had 812 :omg:, 812 yards of total offense... and you LOST?!

:wtf2: All right, I'm gonna file this one under "Offensive shootouts" and forget that the 2014 college football season has turned into a f--king nuthouse.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 recap

And now, it's time for "What We've Learned This Week"!

What I learned in Week 6 of this season is:

1. Turns out that defense is longer a myth in the Big 12 and PAC-12; it's now becoming a myth in the SEC.

2. Speaking of the SEC, let's admit we were all wrong about who we picked in preseason as the best teams.

3. Don't be surprised if North Carolina is asked to take a dive against Notre Dame so that we can have the Irish at #3 or better when they visit Tallahassee.

4. All the other teams in the Big 10 are doing just fine without Michigan, which means we can wave bye-bye to Brady Hoke.

5. Baylor, you're on the clock next week against TCU. I'm serious! You want to be a national title contender, you dampen the spirits of the Horned Frogs.

6. Can we PLEASE give Marshall a real opponent very shortly?

7. Forget the 4-team playoff; the Oregon-UCLA game next week is now an elimination game. You lose, no playoff. It's as simple as that.

8. The College Gameday crew will be absolutely miserable during next week in Starkville. 'Cause after what Ole Miss did when they FINALLY got Gameday, Miss. State will be like "We NEED to top what THEY did! Summon the cowbells!"

And finally, I bet the athletic directors at Wisconsin, USC, South Carolina, Alabama, UCLA, Texas A&M, Stanford, Oklahoma, and Western Illinois were screaming this after Katy Perry blessed Ole Miss with that big win: "Why didn't YOU think of that?!?"

With that, I close this thread. Now excuse me, but I have a hot date with a cup of fruit juice. See you next week.