• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My official Week 6 thread

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh... First you guys are complaining about too little big games in the first month, and now you're complaining there's too many of them. Well, :amen: to that!

The SEC kicks things into high gear, the "Group of 5" schools are starting to debate who should go to the big game, the other major conferences start their schedules this week... Yep, October's a great month, isn't it? The Top 10 games of the week is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 games of Week 6

Before I begin with this Top 10, please remember that there's gonna be weeks where we have more than 10 big games on the schedule. For those weeks, I'll put in a "Honorable mention"... along with my apologies. But only 10 games will get the red carpet, so let's get to...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2014 (Week 6)!

(All times are Eastern)
10. Arizona State @ USC [7:30, FOX] (USC looked okay against Oregon State, but what about the Sun Devils who went from main-event to also-ran in 1 swift move and is desperate for relief? It won't be easy with ASU QB Taylor Kelly likely out for this one, and USC wanting to pay them back for hanging 60+ points last year).

9. Ohio State @ Maryland [12:00, ABC] (Maryland fans have been awaiting this battle with Ohio State since the day they joined the Big 10. But they don't know who's gonna start for them at QB since C.J Brown got hurt last week in their first Big 10 game against Indiana, and Ohio St.'s J.T Barrett has settled in as their #1 QB. On the other hand, the Buckeye defense could even things out if it's not ready in College Park).

8. Arizona @ Oregon [10:30 tonight, ESPN] (As most people expected, Arizona is 4-0 entering this anticipated match-up between them and the Ducks. But did they REALLY had to make it so hard? I mean, UTSA and Nevada almost clipped them BEFORE that escape against Cal. And remember last year in Tucson when Arizona killed Oregon's BCS chances? The Ducks will. But Oregon's not immune to the upset here, 'cause guess who they play next? UCLA in UCLA).

7. Baylor @ Texas [3:30, ABC] (Surprisely, Texas has little to lose here thanks to them facing Oklahoma next week. If they win, it'll be a HUGE confidence boost for them, and if they lose, they can just take out their anger on the Sooners. In my mind, it's ALL about Baylor's first monster test: facing a hated rival on the road with big tests coming up...)

6. Oklahoma @ TCU [3:30, FOX] (...like the Horned Frogs of TCU, who gets Baylor next week. TCU has beaten up their previous opponents, but I'm still not sold on them since they played only 3 games. Let's see them on prime-time against Oklahoma, and then I'll know. Oh, and speaking of the Sooners the game-plan is easy: avoid the look-ahead and score like crazy).

5. Michigan State @ Nebraska [8:00, ABC] (This has to be the one. Nebraska fans are hoping THIS will be the game that Bo Pelini and the Huskers will take it to a higher level; a prime-time win against the defending Big 10 champs looking to prove they're the new bullies of the Midwest. Yes... this may be the one...)

4. Texas A&M @ Mississippi State [12:00, ESPN] (Whoa whoa whoa whoa, WHOA! WHOA, everybody! One win over LSU and Miss. State is already #12 in the nation? BOLOGNA! We all need to see what happens when they're the hunted and not the hunters, and this game against a wide-awake Aggies team will be perfect. The biggest hurdle the Bulldogs will have? It won't be Kenny Hill or Josh Reynolds or Kevin Sumlin, but rather the fact that their bitter rivals Ole Miss will have College Gameday... right before the kickoff).

3. Stanford @ Notre Dame [3:30, NBC] (Power football at it's finest. We all know what happened 2 years ago in South Bend, but let's worry about the here and now. Stanford is as methodical as ever, and the Irish may have the higher ranking, but has looked a little sloppy the last 2 games. For the casual fan, this will be about Everett Golson vs. Kevin Hogan. For the die-hards, it'll be about everything else).

2. LSU @ Auburn [7:00, ESPN] (Sorry if I sound a little elitist, but so far in 2014 Auburn hasn't impressed me. However, facing a PO'ed LSU team in the annual "Battle of the SEC Tigers" will help to change that. The pressure's on LSU (in my book) since both of their QB's will need to bring their A-game against a team that'll remember who was their only masters during the 2013 regular season).

And finally, at 3:30 on CBS...

The NCAA proudly presents... Our Main Event!

Is Ole Miss ready to relive the grand old days? Are they really a true-blue national contender? Against the mighty Crimson Tide of Alabama, we'll find out!
But what about the Tide? How good are they? It's Bo Wallace vs. Blake Sims in a dogfight in Oxford!

Phew... Now for my picks for "Best mid-major game" and "Best potential bust" of the week:

Best mid-major game: Utah State @ BYU (Sorry Boise vs. Nevada and UL Monroe vs. Arkansas State, but the ranked team gets clearance over you. BYU will look to get back the Beehive Boot from an Aggies team that may see any grandiose plans for 2014 get ruined tomorrow night).
Game with the best chance to be a bust: South Carolina @ Kentucky (Look, Kentucky does look better than they did last year, but the Gamecocks will be ready to kill someone after Missouri killed their national title chances last week).
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Florida vs. Tennessee, Miami vs. Georgia Tech, Michigan vs. Rutgers, and Utah vs. UCLA.

A very controversial pick-em segment is next (Trust me)!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions for Week 6

Okay... Here's hoping I have better luck than I had last week. It's my picks for games that have Top 25 teams in them!

Wake Forest 13 @ (1) Florida State 34
Arizona 20 @ (2) Oregon 44
(3) Alabama 20 @ (11) Ole Miss 17
(4) Oklahoma 29 @ (25) TCU 33
(15) LSU 21 @ (5) Auburn 29
(6) Texas A&M 46 @ (12) Mississippi State 30
(7) Baylor 50 @ Texas 33
Utah 22 @ (8) UCLA 35
(14) Stanford 28 @ (9) Notre Dame 23
(19) Nebraska 24 @ (10) Michigan State 30
Vanderbilt 13 @ (13) Georgia 43
Arizona State 14 @ (16) USC 33
(17) Wisconsin 34 @ Northwestern 16
Utah State 20 @ (18) BYU 30
(20) Ohio State 39 @ Maryland 36 in 2-OT
Iowa State 7 @ (21) Oklahoma State 39
SMU 13 @ (22) East Carolina 40
Texas Tech 25 @ (23) Kansas State 27

And with that, I leave this one up to you guys! Remember, the best games of the week will come later.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh... First you guys are complaining about too little big games in the first month, and now you're complaining there's too many of them. Well, :amen: to that!

The SEC kicks things into high gear, the "Group of 5" schools are starting to debate who should go to the big game, the other major conferences start their schedules this week... Yep, October's a great month, isn't it? The Top 10 games of the week is next!

:wtf:

The other major conferences opened play last week.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Michigan State @ Nebraska [8:00, ABC] (This has to be the one. Nebraska fans are hoping THIS will be the game that Bo Pelini and the Huskers will take it to a higher level; a prime-time win against the defending Big 10 champs looking to prove they're the new bullies of the Midwest. Yes... this may be the one...)

Nebraska is @ Michigan St.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona stuns Oregon

Arizona Wildcats vs. Oregon Ducks - Recap - October 02, 2014 - ESPN

:faint2: Uh, okaaaayyyyy... I DID say in preseason that Oregon wouldn't win the PAC-12, but I thought UCLA would beat the Ducks in the end, not Rich-rod and Scooby Wright.

But it was a total effort that gave Arizona it's first 5-0 start since 1998 and it's 2nd straight upset win over Oregon. Anu Solomon leading his troops with confidence... the Arizona running game of Terris Jones-Grigsby and Nick Wilson... the defense not giving up the big play... and the fact that Arizona DIDN'T commit a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah St. stuns BYU

Utah State Aggies vs. BYU Cougars - Recap - October 03, 2014 - ESPN

Me at around 11:10 P.M: "BYU's up 14-7, and it looks like they got this game. Guess I'll turn in for the night."

Me at 8:59 A.M as I'm watching 'World's Dumbest' on my DVR: "Oh, shoot! GameDay's gonna be on soon." I switch to ESPN, and I read this on 'The Lead':

"(18) BYU loses QB Taysom Hill to season-ending broken leg, gets upset by Utah State".

And that was when I spat out my Cinnamon Toast Crunch at my TV.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... Here's hoping I have better luck than I had last week. It's my picks for games that have Top 25 teams in them!

Wake Forest 13 @ (1) Florida State 34
Arizona 20 @ (2) Oregon 44 = that one down the drain
(3) Alabama 20
@ (11) Ole Miss 17
(4) Oklahoma 29 @ (25) TCU 33 :omg:
(15) LSU 21 @ (5) Auburn 29
(6) Texas A&M 46 @ (12) Mississippi State 30
(7) Baylor 50 @ Texas 33
Utah 22 @ (8) UCLA 35
(14) Stanford 28 @ (9) Notre Dame 23
(19) Nebraska 24 @ (10) Michigan State 30
Vanderbilt 13 @ (13) Georgia 43
Arizona State 14 @ (16) USC 33
(17) Wisconsin 34 @ Northwestern 16
Utah State 20 @ (18) BYU 30
(20) Ohio State 39 @ Maryland 36 in 2-OT
Iowa State 7 @ (21) Oklahoma State 39
SMU 13 @ (22) East Carolina 40
Texas Tech 25 @ (23) Kansas State 27

And with that, I leave this one up to you guys! Remember, the best games of the week will come later.

:wtf2: :omg: :bullshit: :lol: :suds:

I hope not

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida vs. Tennessee

Florida Gators vs. Tennessee Volunteers - Recap - October 04, 2014 - ESPN

Say God, a little question to you: Do you hate the Tennessee Volunteers? First you mess up their basketball program by having Cuonzo Martin jump ship thanks to ungrateful fans, and now THIS?! 10 years without a win against Florida in football?

Honestly, what a shame. I thought they had them this time.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin vs. Northwestern

Wisconsin Badgers vs. Northwestern Wildcats - Recap - October 04, 2014 - ESPN

Maybe the worst upset of the week (at least in my book). And when Oregon loses their confidence, BYU loses their QB, and Kenny Hill loses the Heisman, THAT'S saying a lot.

But for Northwestern, I bet they're saying this to their critics: "And you guys thought we were going to fall off the face of the earth. HA!"

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford vs. Notre Dame

Stanford Cardinal vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Recap - October 04, 2014 - ESPN

:omg: Despite making almost every mistake they could have possibly made, Notre Dame silenced Stanford in South Bend one more time. Everett Golson, for his maturity, poise, and play-making ability has now made him a viable NFL QB in the near future. And the Irish defense has proved me wrong; I said that it would be their Achilles-heel. Well, you showed everyone there.

Now with all this madness, I bet Mark May at ESPN is thinking this: "Oh no, is Notre Dame going to be #2 behind Florida State? F-----kkkk..."

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama vs. Ole Miss

Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Ole Miss Rebels - Recap - October 04, 2014 - ESPN

Maybe it was meant to be. A nearly-flawless march for the Rebels, led by their QB Bo Wallace. And Senquez Golson (not related to Everett Golson) caps it off with maybe the best interception we may see all year, ending maybe the greatest day in Mississippi football history.

Meanwhile, deep inside my dark side: "Wow. Ole Miss's first win over a team ranked this high... WHY DID IT HAVE TO COME AGAINST OUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PICK? Okay, okay, okay... Alabama's in the SEC West, and Ole Miss visits Texas A&M next week. We're still good, we're still good!"