• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My official Week 5 thread

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference schedules are starting to heat up... Everyone's still worrying about the 4-team playoff...Awful teams still have a sliver of hope for their season... It's Week 5 of the 2014 CFB season! The Top 10 games are next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 games of Week 5

A little warning to you sports fans: I'm running on cereal and a Japanese horror film that I watched at 5 A.M, so if my analysis today is a little off, that's why. Regardless of that, it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of the 2014 CFB Season (Week 5)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Cincinnati @ Ohio State [6:00, Big 10 Network] (Since 1924, Ohio State has been king of their home state. And with conference play starting next week for them, their fans REALLY want that streak to continue. But unlike Kent State, the Bearcats have a shot here. And I don't care if they were shaky last week; Cincy was facing bitter rival Miami-Ohio, so I'm giving them a pass. Will they pull it off? Gunner Kiel will decide, and so will opposing QB J.T Barrett).

9. Duke @ Miami [7:30, ESPN2] (As most people thought, Duke's 4-0. But now the hard part begins for them: They haven't had the target on their backs since their last ACC title in the 1960's. Let's see if the Blue Devils can mine their 2nd straight win over Miami. And if they do, oh LORD will Coral Gables be irritable, especially with Nebraska bruising their pride last week).

8. Illinois @ Nebraska [9:00, Big 10 Network] (Speaking of Nebraska, I bet they're pumped. A rare win over Miami is good for the Huskers, but now comes the important part: Winning the Big 10. And Illinois may be awful later on, but they'll score a few points before going down in Lincoln).

7. Tennessee @ Georgia [12:00, ESPN] (The last time this SEC East rivalry game disappointed was in 2009, where the Vols beat Georgia 45-19. But most of the time, it's an annual event in the South, especially the last 2 years. And with a long road still ahead for the two, either Justin Worley or Todd Gurley will get the head-start for the long grind.
But imagine this: What if Georgia loses and drops to 0-2 in the SEC?)

6. Oregon State @ USC [10:30, ESPN] (My pick for "sleeper game of the week". We know very little about the Beavers, and this is USC's first game since Boston College slapped them HARD to ruin any national title talk).

5. Arkansas @ Texas A&M [3:30, CBS] (Why, welcome back Texas A&M! Enjoyed your little blow-out vacation? Well, WAKE UP! Back into the deep part of the pool you go, as former SWC now-turned SEC rival Arkansas is waiting for you. Oh, and Kenny Hill? You got the two big Mississippi schools and Alabama next month, so try to avoid the look-ahead, OK?)

4. Stanford @ Washington [4:15, FOX] (It's been spotty at times, but the Huskers are 4-0 with Cyler Miles regaining the trust of his teammates after a rough spring. But this is the first REAL test for this QB, as well as Chris Petersen. He's always wanted to run with the big boys, and now it's time to see his new bag of tricks against his first PAC-12 slate. And Stanford is a big step up with their defense... not so much with their spotty offense).

3. Florida State @ NC State [3:30, ABC but ESPN2 in some Northern markets] (Good lord, has Florida State been a great soap opera this year, eh? Suspensions, escaping Clemson last week, doubt creeping in... and nobody paying any attention to the Wolfpack, who beat the Seminoles last time they played them in Raleigh. So either the Seminoles will get their act together and pay back NC State for 2 years ago, or the Wolfpack will strut their stuff and the soap opera in Tallahassee continues. And Jamies will decide... or will he?)

2. Missouri @ South Carolina [7:00, ESPN] (Watch last year's game between the two. It's the only way to understand why this game is big).

And finally, tonight at 10:00 on FOX Sports 1...

The NCAA proudly presents... Our Main Event!

UCLA wants to tell the critics to sod off, and in Tempe, Arizona, they'll get their chance! The Bruins begin the grind of the PAC-12 against defending South division champions Arizona State, who have their own critics to shoo away! Revenge for UCLA, or a boost for the Sun Devils? Find out tonight!

Ahem... Now for my picks for "Best mid-major" and "Biggest potential bust" games of the week!

Best mid-major game: Middle Tennessee @ Old Dominion (The Monarchs are coming off a big win over Rice, and now they host a not-bad Blue Raiders team. Points will be scored, and hopefully Old Dominion's not looking ahead to Marshall next week).
Game with the best chance to be a bust: Notre Dame vs. Syracuse (Sorry if I look cynical, but I have this gut feeling that this game in East Rutherford, NJ will be a snoozer, especially if the Orange are not ready to play. By all means, Terrell Hunt and the 'Cuse, prove me wrong!)

And with that, another Top 10 is done. My predictions are next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions for Week 5

Another upset pick for me last week, and I hope I can keep this up. So here's my picks for the games involving Top 25 teams!

(1) Florida State 40 @ NC State 24
Louisiana Tech 6 @ (5) Auburn 61
Arkansas 24 @ (6) Texas A&M 37
(7) Baylor 59 @ Iowa State 7
(8) Notre Dame 29 vs. Syracuse 15
Wyoming 12 @ (9) Michigan State 45
Memphis 9 @ (10) Ole Miss 48
(11) UCLA 36 @ (15) Arizona State 31
Tennessee 19 @ (12) Georgia 37
Missouri 30 @ (13) South Carolina 24
(16) Stanford 24 @ Washington 22
New Mexico State 3 @ (17) LSU 50
Oregon State 23 @ (18) USC 26
South Florida 15 @ (19) Wisconsin 35
Illinois 27 @ (21) Nebraska 42
Cincinnati 26 @ (22) Ohio State 24
Texas Tech 41 @ (24) Oklahoma State 31
UTEP 19 @ (25) Kansas State 39

And I'm done! Remember, the thread is all yours. I'll just give you the best games of the week, so I'll see you then.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech vs. O.K State

Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys - Recap - September 25, 2014 - ESPN

Yawn... ANOTHER points-fest between the two teams, with the Cowboys coming out looking grand. And I bet you good people at Sportshoopia (when you weren't watching Derek Jeter's last home game) were enjoying it as well.

My dark side: Those Sportshoopia higher-ups with really small...
Me: HEY HEY... Dark side, you wanna see me get kicked off this site?
Dark side: Sorry, but those anal mother-...
Me: EASY!!
Dark side: Sorry, but just 3 hours ago they suspended me for the weekend for just THIS...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA vs. Arizona State

3 hours ago...

My dark side: "Let me check that big UCLA game..."

UCLA Bruins vs. Arizona State Sun Devils - Recap - September 25, 2014 - ESPN

Dark side: "WHOOO! BLOWOUT, MOTHERF---ER! YEAH!! WHO'S GOT IT? WHO'S THE MISS CLEO OF THIS SPORTS SITE? Wait, what? The Sun Devils didn't have Taylor Kelly? TOO BAD, YOU TEMPE BOZOS! WHO'S THE GREATEST EVER? LOOK AT THAT! WHOOOOOOOO!"

Back in present day...

Me: You got robbed. What can I say, dark side? You got robbed.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another upset pick for me last week, and I hope I can keep this up. So here's my picks for the games involving Top 25 teams!

(1) Florida State 40 @ NC State 24
Louisiana Tech 6 @ (5) Auburn 61
Arkansas 24 @ (6) Texas A&M 37
(7) Baylor 59 @ Iowa State 7
(8) Notre Dame 29 vs. Syracuse 15
Wyoming 12 @ (9) Michigan State 45
Memphis 9 @ (10) Ole Miss 48
(11) UCLA 36 @ (15) Arizona State 31
Tennessee 19 @ (12) Georgia 37
Missouri 30 @ (13) South Carolina 24
(16) Stanford 24 @ Washington 22
New Mexico State 3 @ (17) LSU 50
Oregon State 23 @ (18) USC 26
South Florida 15 @ (19) Wisconsin 35
Illinois 27 @ (21) Nebraska 42
Cincinnati 26 @ (22) Ohio State 24=BOOM
Texas Tech 41 @ (24) Oklahoma State 31
UTEP 19 @ (25) Kansas State 39

And I'm done! Remember, the thread is all yours. I'll just give you the best games of the week, so I'll see you then.

OSU fans wont be happy :pound:

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron stuns Pittsburgh

Akron Zips vs. Pittsburgh Panthers - Recap - September 27, 2014 - ESPN

:omg: Hey, Terry! Don't look now, but a few big-time programs want to speak to you about you being their next head coach. I mean, out-rushing Pitt IN Pitt? Hmmmmm, maybe I backed the wrong pony to beat Bowling Green in the MAC East.

As for Pittsburgh, let's not mix-up words here; this is a BAD loss. And if combined with Florida State's struggles and Boston College losing to Colorado State at the last minute earlier, it just makes them WEAK.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State 56, NC State 41

Florida State Seminoles vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack - Box Score - September 27, 2014 - ESPN

It's now a final in Raleigh, and Florida State escapes... AGAIN!

And I'm not going to panic about them like everyone at ESPN (and at Tallahassee) will. Because the Seminoles won at an place they have trouble with, and like UCLA they're surviving... which is what you need to do to get into the 4-team playoff. That being said, MAYBE Florida State could stand to not turn the ball over 4 times next game.

As for NC State, a grand effort against the national champs. But a visit to Clemson is next week, so here's hoping they got some gas left in their car.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota vs. Michigan

Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Michigan Wolverines - Recap - September 27, 2014 - ESPN

The first time ever that Michigan has 3 losses in a season by the end of October... Having to sell tickets on the cheap... Michigan Fans on this forum are freaking out... Yeah, things are not good for the Wolverines.

But you know what? Let's focus on the positives here! In my preseason preview thread, I told the Minnesota fans to send some money to the Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota, and then to be quiet and let Jerry Kill coach.

What we saw on that field today is proof that those fans listened to me. For only the second time in 24 years, the "Little Brown Jug" is theirs, and people couldn't be happier for Jerry as he gives the Minnesota fans a rare chance to say ":pound: You don't have the Jug anymore! It's ours! It's OURS!!"

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raider917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt the cal game have a thread? the offense there is crazy

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri vs. South Carolina

Missouri Tigers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks - Recap - September 27, 2014 - ESPN

:what: Uhhhh, right. Okay, ummmm... how can you sum up this game? Missouri gets a statement win, while South Carolina couldn't find their elixir in time? Russell Hansbourgh winning the "Battle of the Columbias" in the SEC East?

Or how about "The Gamecocks disappointing their home fans... again".