• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My official Week 4 thread

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More big games are on the way, and boy do they need to be good. Especially after all the surprising fun we had last week.

As for what the biggest game of the week, well... it's quite a toss-up in the state of Florida. You'll see what I mean shortly.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 games of Week 4

It's 54 degrees here in Central New York, which means not only am I comfortable, but also that the football season is warming up. So if you're weary about all the terrible news in the NFL (and my hearts go out to the victims of the abused children and woman in those cases), let's try to enjoy the simple joys of the college game. 'Cause it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of Week 4 of the 2014 CFB Season!

(All times are Eastern)
10. California @ Arizona [10:00, PAC-12 Network] (Already, the Golden Bears are better than last year's 1-11 disaster. And the Wildcats from Arizona needs to be on alert, especially after getting scared by Texas-San Antonio and Nevada. On the flip-side, this will be the first real test for the Cal defense).

9. North Carolina @ East Carolina [3:30, ESPNU] (The big story here is NOT that East Carolina stunned Virginia Tech last week, but the aftermath. Will the Pirates come in hung-over, or are they mentally ready to make more head-way in North Carolina? As for the Heels, all the momentum THEY need is last year's loss to the Pirates... in Chapel Hill).

8. Virginia @ BYU [3:30, ESPN] (Speaking of avoiding hangovers, what about the Cavaliers? It was a pretty big win for them against ranked Louisville last week, but I bet the fans in Charlottesville want their team to do it again. It won't be easy as BYU will remember losing to the Cavs last year, plus the Cougars now have big plans of their own. Will they get ruined again?)

7. Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech [12:00, ESPN] (Of course people will talk about the Hokies and "how will they bounce back from East Carolina", but I think this one's about the Yellow Jackets. The Jackets are 3-0, but have failed to impress the critics. Winning in Blacksburg would be a big way to change that, but Logan Thomas wants his national ranking back).

6. Miami @ Nebraska [8:00, ESPN2] (Okay Nebraska, you've always wanted to be the flag-bearer for the Big 10. Well, here's your chance to beat a "Power 5" team. The Nebraska faithful and the nation will be watching you face Miami for the first time since 2001, so don't f--k it up!)

5. Mississippi State @ LSU [7:00, ESPN] (The sleeper game of the week by a country mile. NOBODY'S talking about this one, which is a shame as I think Dak Prescott and Connor Neighbors will light up the night sky in Baton Rouge).

4. Oklahoma @ West Virginia [7:30, FOX] (So far, so good for West Virginia: They've scared Alabama and outgunned Maryland on the heels of senior QB Clint Trickett. Now the real test begins against a team they now have a real beef with in the Sooners, who wants a good start in their quest to take back the Big 12 title).

3. Auburn @ Kansas State [7:30 Tonight, ESPN] (Pardon my pessimism, but I have this sickening feeling that Kansas State will get bushwhacked here. They didn't look too impressive in their first 2 games, and they've haven't beaten a big non-conference foe since 2007 against {ironically, Auburn}. And this is Auburn's first road test of the year with a big offensive line, Nick Marshall, and an untested but hungry defense. Of course, Kansas State could surprise me again...)

And now comes the hard part. You see, I been having trouble choosing which big game from the south (Clemson vs. Florida State or Florida @ Alabama) should be the main event. On one hand you have a Clemson team that's still a relative unknown commonity, going against the national champs... with Jameis Winston suspended and the target still on it's back.

On the other hand, Alabama seems to have it's QB issue settled with Blake Sims starting on Saturday, but the Florida Gators will be warmed up after Kentucky scared them last week. Jeff Driskel seems to be ready, but can he win in Tuscaloosa and confirm everyone's doubts about the 2014 Crimson Tide? The Tide defense (as always) says no, but West Virginia punched that defense pretty hard.

Hmmm........ You know what? I'm gonna do this!

The NCAA proudly presents... A Double Main Event!

The Crimson Tide of Alabama starts SEC play... against a Florida Gators team seeking a return to the big time!

Then in the night-cap, the unknown Clemson Tigers look to extract revenge... against a Florida State team mired in controversy and doubt in Tallahassee!

Whew... Now that that's done, it's time for the "Best Mid-major game" and "Biggest bust" of the week!

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Auburn @ Kansas State (See above)
Best mid-major game of the week: Northern Illinois @ Arkansas [7:00, ESPNU] (The Huskies have surprised a few people by starting 3-0 in 2014. But to finish their little road trip, they must go to Fayetteville and face maybe the most talented team they'll have all year in the Razorbacks. Let's just say we'll learn a lot about these Huskies in this prime-time match).

And I'm done! Coming up is my predictions for the Top 25.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions for Week 4

Since I nailed South Carolina beating Georgia last week, I'm feeling pretty confident about this week. So here are my picks for Week 4 games involving the Top 25:

(22) Clemson 20 @ (1) Florida State 38
(2) Oregon 50 @ Washington State 21
Florida 23 @ (3) Alabama 27
(4) Oklahoma 43 @ West Virginia 29
(5) Auburn 39 @ (20) Kansas State 16
(6) Texas A&M 60 @ SMU 7
Mississippi State 29 @ (8) LSU 24
Eastern Michigan 3 @ (11) Michigan State 38
Troy 6 @ (13) Georgia 46
(14) South Carolina 36 @ Vanderbilt 21
Indiana 21 @ (18) Missouri 34
Bowling Green 26 @ (19) Wisconsin 30
Virginia 22 @ (21) BYU 28
Miami 31 @ (24) Nebraska 25

As usual, I'll give you the games of the week as they happen, but for now I leave this thread to you guys...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn vs. Kansas State

Auburn Tigers vs. Kansas State Wildcats - Recap - September 18, 2014 - ESPN

:gaah: Kansas State HAD IT! They had it and they blew it! More passing yards than Auburn, a raucous crowd... and 3 turnovers and missed field goals did them in.

We'll see how both teams respond in 2 weeks: The Wildcats play Texas Tech, and Auburn gets LSU. Until then, let's not make any bold predictions. Especially when my prediction of a Auburn blowout win was WAY off last night.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Mississippi State @ LSU [7:00, ESPN] (The sleeper game of the week by a country mile. NOBODY'S talking about this one, which is a shame as I think Dak Prescott and Connor Neighbors will light up the night sky in Baton Rouge).

Conner Neighbors is a fullback.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Tech

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Virginia Tech Hokies - Recap - September 20, 2014 - ESPN

Georgia Tech takes the VERY early leader for "Game of the week" as they beat Virginia Tech in yet ANOTHER close game between the two. So well done for the Jackets; they're now 4-0 and starting to be a threat.

As for the Hokies, a little aside to them. Thanks to this 2nd straight loss AT HOME, I don't know what to make of you guys. Was Ohio State just that bad 2 weeks ago, or is it just because ECU and Georgia Tech are good... or maybe there's something else? Either way, I picked you to go to the ACC title game, and you're starting to make me look bad.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia vs. BYU

Virginia Cavaliers vs. BYU Cougars - Recap - September 20, 2014 - ESPN

By god, the beat goes on for the Cougars from Provo! This despite Virginia whooping them in the statistics. But thanks to kids like Adam Hine, BYU has proved that stats can sometimes mean squat.
Now we wait until they face Utah State in 2 weeks to continue the debate of "Should we REALLY give BYU a "Big 6 bowl?"

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana stuns Missouri

Indiana Hoosiers vs. Missouri Tigers - Recap - September 20, 2014 - ESPN

:omg: And then I do a spit-take as I double-check to see if Missouri really let down the SEC against Indiana. Let me see...

Yep. It's true, and how ironic. The Big 10 FINALLY gets a victory in 2014 they can crow about, and it came courtesy of INDIANA? THAT's the most stunning part of this to me. I mean, I said they would be good, but not THIS.

You slack off home, I slack off home. Be careful in the rainy weather (especially in the Midwest) and I'll see you tomorrow.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson vs. Florida State in the Game of the Week

Clemson Tigers vs. Florida State Seminoles - Recap - September 20, 2014 - ESPN

Florida State after the game: :yahoo: "We pulled through as a team without Winston, and we showed the heart of a team that's ready to defend a national championship!"

Clemson after the game: :gaah: :Cry: "Missed field goals... a fumble with 2 minutes left... many missed chances to score TD's! WHY DOES GOD HATE US SO MUCH!!"

Simple words to describe the best game of the week...