• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Mayweather vs McGregor Breakdown

keddawkins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone.

Just posted my breakdown for Mayweather vs McGregor. My prediction is in the info section as well for those who don't feel like listening to the entire thing. Let me know what you think.

Harry Seaword

Hoopla Cash
$ 266.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 fuckin minutes dude. Here it is in one sentence. Mayweather dodges every punch thrown at him and wins the fight just like his other 49 fights.

Reactions: TJL

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone.

Just posted my breakdown for Mayweather vs McGregor. My prediction is in the info section as well for those who don't feel like listening to the entire thing. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for adding nothing to the world of whats been said about the fight already. Oh and get over yourself... nobody gives a fuck to watch your dorky ass ramble for 20 mins.

Reactions: TJL

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spammer wasn't exactly the right word...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 fuckin minutes dude. Here it is in one sentence. Mayweather dodges every punch thrown at him and wins the fight just like his other 49 fights.

Just want to correct you on something. A couple of accurate punches and running is not a fight.

The only time Mayweather had an actual fight and went toe to toe was when he beat up his girlfriend.

keddawkins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for adding nothing to the world of whats been said about the fight already. Oh and get over yourself... nobody gives a fuck to watch your dorky ass ramble for 20 mins.

Tell me how you really feel though

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the matchup. I agree that Mayweather's speed, footwork, and elite defense will be huge factors.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is a boxer, one is not. Waste of money and time any further than that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely but it'd be kind of hilarious if it ends up like last night....Mayweather would have an epic meltdown.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely but it'd be kind of hilarious if it ends up like last night....Mayweather would have an epic meltdown.

Won't happen. Horn actually lands a few decent shots on Manny. Conor won't touch Mayweather.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horn is a lot more experienced in boxing than McGregor. I don't think McGregor would have fought Pacquiao with that level of skill. That said, McGregor has shown himself to be dangerous with his left hand.

I think McGregor's prefight comments aren't just to sell fights. I think he tries to antagonize guys so that he can land his counterpunches. Before the Jose Aldo fight McGregor tormented the guy in press conferences. Aldo then played right into his hands leaving himself wide open by charging in & trying for a one punch KO. That led to the devastating counterpunch. I think Mayweather will fight a smarter fight and he will be a lot harder to hit than anyone McGregor has ever or will ever fight. McGregor is miles ahead of other MMA fighters with his boxing but he's still miles behind Mayweather in boxing skills. I think we will see some brutal body shots by Mayweather and that will take its toll as the fight goes on.

McGregor will have an interesting legacy. He is making the most of his talents in a financial sense but people will remember the Mayweather fight especially if he loses the fight before it goes to a decision. Mayweather hasn't won a fight early in 6 years. Both of these guys are putting their legacies on the line with the fight but Mayweather a lot moreso since he's fighting his sport.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor has already won, no matter the outcome. He's making a ton of money. He's going to call Mayweather a coward, talk about how he's coming to fight and Floyd is coming to run. Once the fight starts, McGregor will run his mouth the entire fight and Mayweather will win by decision, but will look like a track star doing so. After the fight, Conor will laugh about Money's style of fighting and say the next time he fights it'll be in the UFC where men actually fight and where Floyd would never have the balls to come fight him. He'll come out smelling like a rose....and that's if he loses...if he were to happen to clip Floyd and KO him, he'd instantly become the biggest athlete in the world

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you UK Cowboy except if McGregor gets stopped in the fight. That highlight will be legendary and shown over and over everywhere. It would not be good for McGregor's ego but he'll be very rich no matter what.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horn is a lot more experienced in boxing than McGregor. I don't think McGregor would have fought Pacquiao with that level of skill. That said, McGregor has shown himself to be dangerous with his left hand.

I think McGregor's prefight comments aren't just to sell fights. I think he tries to antagonize guys so that he can land his counterpunches. Before the Jose Aldo fight McGregor tormented the guy in press conferences. Aldo then played right into his hands leaving himself wide open by charging in & trying for a one punch KO. That led to the devastating counterpunch. I think Mayweather will fight a smarter fight and he will be a lot harder to hit than anyone McGregor has ever or will ever fight. McGregor is miles ahead of other MMA fighters with his boxing but he's still miles behind Mayweather in boxing skills. I think we will see some brutal body shots by Mayweather and that will take its toll as the fight goes on.

McGregor will have an interesting legacy. He is making the most of his talents in a financial sense but people will remember the Mayweather fight especially if he loses the fight before it goes to a decision. Mayweather hasn't won a fight early in 6 years. Both of these guys are putting their legacies on the line with the fight but Mayweather a lot moreso since he's fighting his sport.

Horn has skill? ..The man was a goon.

He was younger, bigger and swings his head like a weapon.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you UK Cowboy except if McGregor gets stopped in the fight. That highlight will be legendary and shown over and over everywhere. It would not be good for McGregor's ego but he'll be very rich no matter what.
I don't see Conor getting stopped...at all. Conor is a much bigger man than Floyd, has fought at 170 in the UFC, where guys cut a lot more weight. Add to that, Conor is used to getting hit with MMA gloves instead of those 10 ounce baby diapers Floyd insisted on. I have no doubt Floyd can dance around and win all twelve rounds, but if he makes one mistake, he'll wake up in a hospital. Conor's power at a lower weight is very real

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Mayweather talks shit so much that Mcgregor gets frustrated and kicks him straight in the head

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor has already won, no matter the outcome. He's making a ton of money. He's going to call Mayweather a coward, talk about how he's coming to fight and Floyd is coming to run. Once the fight starts, McGregor will run his mouth the entire fight and Mayweather will win by decision, but will look like a track star doing so. After the fight, Conor will laugh about Money's style of fighting and say the next time he fights it'll be in the UFC where men actually fight and where Floyd would never have the balls to come fight him. He'll come out smelling like a rose....and that's if he loses...if he were to happen to clip Floyd and KO him, he'd instantly become the biggest athlete in the world

To casual observers maybe. Fans of boxing understand boxing is first and foremost a sport. Nobody gives a shit how you win. All that matters is the W.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To casual observers maybe. Fans of boxing understand boxing is first and foremost a sport. Nobody gives a shit how you win. All that matters is the W.
To a degree. Even the most devoted boxing fan had trouble staying awake during the Mayweather-Pacman fight. It is about winning in the end, but Floyd is the equivalent to a great lay-n-pray MMA fighter. He will retire undefeated, but all his money won't be able to buy him a spot in many people top 5, because even the other all time greats who depended on being elusive would stand and fight sometimes. Ali-Frazier, Leonard-Hearns, etc. Floyd may go 50-0, but impersonating Lance Armstrong doesn't make him the best ever