• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first Bracketology of the year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa doesn't lose at home, then yes, they will definitely be fine. Playing Wisconsin, MSU and Ohio State at home, IMO, doesn't guarantee them going undefeated as those are certainly very hard games, but I guess we'll see. The schedule will definitely help Iowa's SOS, but it will only help their RPI if they win most of those games. It is just a tough schedule. They play the other 7 best teams in the B1G on the road. Going into IU, Illinois, or even Minnesota this year isn't a guarantee. Especially for a core group of players who have struggled to win on the road the last couple of years.

Oh for sure. Ill tell you something though and its going to come off sounding homerish but I really think its true. Having watched all the top 8 or 9 teams in the league multiple times this year I can honestly say that I think Iowa is the best team in the B10 as currently composed. Now the Hawks schedule is way tougher than the other teams so I dont expect them to win the league regular season but their isnt a more conhesive, talented and deep team in the B10 than Iowa. Only teams that are close are MSU ( when healthy ) and Wisconsin. OSU cant score enough to beat Iowa IMO. Anyway I guess we'll find out in the next few months but thats my take on it right now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. Ill tell you something though and its going to come off sounding homerish but I really think its true. Having watched all the top 8 or 9 teams in the league multiple times this year I can honestly say that I think Iowa is the best team in the B10 as currently composed. Now the Hawks schedule is way tougher than the other teams so I dont expect them to win the league regular season but their isnt a more conhesive, talented and deep team in the B10 than Iowa. Only teams that are close are MSU ( when healthy ) and Wisconsin. OSU cant score enough to beat Iowa IMO. Anyway I guess we'll find out in the next few months but thats my take on it right now.

I think Iowa is extremely good as well. And they could certainly be the best team in the B1G from a depth, talent and experience standpoint. I wish they would have scheduled a little more aggressively in the non conf. This team right now is definitely better than their 38th ranked RPI, but the bad thing for them is the committee weighs heavily SOS and RPI. Was Minnesota better than Iowa at the end of last year? I'd say no, but we were able to make the tournament because we played the 3rd toughest schedule in the country, despite finishing behind Iowa in the B1G standings. Was Iowa better than St. Mary's, Boise State, Middle Tennessee State and some others that got in, I'd say definitely. Either way it's going to be another awesome B1G season and B1G tournament. Looks like at the worst the B1G will get 6 teams in the dance and could get as many as 8, I just hope my Gophers are one of them! lol

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa is extremely good as well. And they could certainly be the best team in the B1G from a depth, talent and experience standpoint. I wish they would have scheduled a little more aggressively in the non conf. This team right now is definitely better than their 38th ranked RPI, but the bad thing for them is the committee weighs heavily SOS and RPI. Was Minnesota better than Iowa at the end of last year? I'd say no, but we were able to make the tournament because we played the 3rd toughest schedule in the country, despite finishing behind Iowa in the B1G standings. Was Iowa better than St. Mary's, Boise State, Middle Tennessee State and some others that got in, I'd say definitely. Either way it's going to be another awesome B1G season and B1G tournament. Looks like at the worst the B1G will get 6 teams in the dance and could get as many as 8, I just hope my Gophers are one of them! lol

Iowa got kind of unfortunate when it came to their OOC schedule as they didnt get the games in the Battle 4 Atlantis you would have thought they would have ( ie playing UTEP instead of Tennessee and Nova instead of Kansas although that isnt so bad RIGHT now) and with playing a way worse than expected ND team in the ACC/B10 challenge. Definitely need to pick up the OOC scheduling though but this year is WAYYYY better than last year so its a start.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa got kind of unfortunate when it came to their OOC schedule as they didnt get the games in the Battle 4 Atlantis you would have thought they would have ( ie playing UTEP instead of Tennessee and Nova instead of Kansas although that isnt so bad RIGHT now) and with playing a way worse than expected ND team in the ACC/B10 challenge. Definitely need to pick up the OOC scheduling though but this year is WAYYYY better than last year so its a start.

Oh, yes I agree it's been much improved over last year. Iowa has more than cut in half their non conf. SOS from a year ago. I still can't believe it was 300+ last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke a 4 seed?

RPI of 45. 2-2 vs. the Top 100 of the RPI. 0-2 vs. the Top 50 of the RPI. 7 of their 9 wins against 130+ RPI competition. They have the resume of a 8-9 seed right now, but have the on the court talent of a 1-2 seed. I don't see anything wrong with somewhere in between. Their average seed of all bracket projections is 4.06. IMO they are right where they should be. Who would you put Duke in front of?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update to come Monday. Should see significant changes with the next update. I'll probably do 2 updates per month until March, then I'll do it on a more daily basis as things won't change all that much by then.