• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My final thoughts on rankings, RPI, etc.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't do this: trollys reading comprehension/coherent thought process is so terrible I can't even have a simple debate with him.

for example: No, the BPI uses a lot more factors than simply winning%

he doesn't even get what the current debate is even about.

Well then tell me what's it's about slapdick. I've been addressing this: (Along with your inability to actually provide any concrete examples.)

It pretty much means your W/L record doesn't matter ==> just as long as you play elite teams. while some may agree that W/L < quality of opponent i just don't see how anyone can defend how much weight BPI gives to quality of opponent and so little to W/L.

You kinda sorta tried to show some anecdotal proof where win% wasn't the dominant factor in the BPI.
I absolutely, unequivocally demonstrated why win% is never the dominant factor in the RPI, and also provided examples.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess john shows exactly how journalism majors view statistical analysis, if it doesn't fit my preconceived notions it must be invalid. Read carefully your favorite sports writers probably approach them the same way.

Oh please tell me this kid is actually a journalism major. I might burst with joy.