• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 53 Man Roster

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it? Please tell me how........I'll wait.....

Because they will not do it. That is really all there is to it. They might go as little as 9, but I would bet 10 is most likely. You may have these grand ideas, but it leaves them too thin and just too much music chairs for the comfort of consistency. If Boling has to move into center, they will not move Whitworth into guard this year, they would be more likely to put Fisher at LG and keep one of the best LT's in football right there to protect Dalton's back side and lack of pocket awareness.

They will not go 8, I am sorry.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they will not do it. That is really all there is to it. They might go as little as 9, but I would bet 10 is most likely. You may have these grand ideas, but it leaves them too thin and just too much music chairs for the comfort of consistency. If Boling has to move into center, they will not move Whitworth into guard this year, they would be more likely to put Fisher at LG and keep one of the best LT's in football right there to protect Dalton's back side and lack of pocket awareness.

They will not go 8, I am sorry.

You know they cut down today and went with 8 right?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I just saw that, and to be honest, I am shocked, literally floored it was not at least 9. Nice call. I would have never guessed the conservative Marvin Lewis would have gone so shorthanded on the offensive line, especially with all the injuries that happened there last year.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I just saw that, and to be honest, I am shocked, literally floored it was not at least 9. Nice call. I would have never guessed the conservative Marvin Lewis would have gone so shorthanded on the offensive line, especially with all the injuries that happened there last year.

He knows he can likely get those OL through waivers and to the PS but he couldn't get Thompson or others. If he needs France or Hopkins he will just call them up. They would have been inactive anyways so it's honestly no different. It just makes so much more sense.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose you are right, but I just couldn't see the conservative Marvin Lewis opting for less than 9 OL with the way the offensive line struggled with injuries last year.

However, after watching our backup OL play in Indy, not one of them deserved to be on this team and that includes Jake Fisher. If anyone on our OL gets hurt, there is going to be another turnstile for Dalton to have even less time to make a decision, which already seems to take a week. He has terrible pocket awareness, can't avoid rushers very well, can't break tackles, makes poor decisions when he feels the heat several times in a row.

I fear the lack of talent at OL behind our starters could beat our ass yet again.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, they can easily pick up guys off the street that have as much talent as the guys they cut on the line..... You guys watched the back up guards play this preseason - They stink. And there is no good reason to keep them. Below average guards are a dime a dozen. No need to stash them on our roster.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait and see who gets injured and then pick up guards or tackles who can play guard in their place.

genius... I guess.