• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MWC, CUSA dissolving

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way for the MWC to get out of that horrid TV deal

murphsturph Brian Murphy
So many angles to the MWC-CUSA story. But Idaho is sweating this out. If league adds Utah State & SJSU, Idaho is in trouble.
3 minutes ago
Brian Murphy
murphsturph Brian Murphy
CUSA-MWC says it wants 18-24 teams. Hello, WAC schools?
6 minutes ago
Chris Murray
MurrayRGJ Chris Murray
by murphsturph
UNR president Marc Johnson says both reports wrong: "To say already that we're starting a new conference is incorrect. We’re exploring."
25 minutes ago

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say, there are only 16 schools left between the MWC and CUSA. I guess then report changed after I posted it.

However, conference semifinals and championship is an awesome idea.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it might create issues for BSU's other sports though if the WAC falls apart completely............

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will help them with a tv contract and it's the only option left open to them.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will help them with a tv contract and it's the only option left open to them.

still doesnt make it a good idea. If they can get some tv channel to over pay for the garbage more power to them. But the only way anyone is going to watch uab vs wyoming if it is the only game on on a tuesday. Id say let the better league cannibalize the other and let the leftovers fend for themselves. as an unbiased outsider id have more interest in two tight knit regional conferences that one watered down super transcontinental league of also rans.

The MWC should make the best play available to them. Take san jose st and utah st and call it a day. Perhaps even some FCS western power school will want to transition up even. After that if they still want to try to get to 12 then raid the C-usa leftovers from the west like tulsa or utep.

C-usa should take the biggest emerging schools from the sun belt asap. Add FIU and FAU to the east (both have new on campus stadiums, large student bases to work from, and a built in rivalry) and North Texas and UL Lafayette to the west ( nice potential rivals for rice and tulane and fit the existing confernce footprint, comparable endowments to existing memebers)

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A TV deal for either of those conferences is irrelevant, since NOBODY is going to watch any of those teams play regardless.

It simply doesn't matter. They'll never generate more than local interest, if that.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A TV deal for either of those conferences is irrelevant, since NOBODY is going to watch any of those teams play regardless.

It simply doesn't matter. They'll never generate more than local interest, if that.

:nod:

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still doesnt make it a good idea.

I repeat

It's the only option left to them.

Never said it was a good idea but when you have a choice of this or oblivion well that isn't much choice now is it? They have been talking to tv execs and this was their best option.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody outside their footprint.

Although some folks might watch the occasional Fresno game if they manage to improve.

And don't tell them they aren't worth anything. Most of the MWC fans think they will be getting a better tv deal than the BE.

They think BSU is going to come crawling back................ (except for the Wyo fan here who knows what side the bread is buttered on)

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno man, I live in Tulsa so I follow the Golden Hurricane and CUSA, but like y'all said im in the local footprint for that. I'm curious to see what would happen, remember some of these teams were the leftovers of the old WAC when the MWC was formed.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the old super wac which failed

yes...........that comes up quite often

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody outside their footprint.

Although some folks might watch the occasional Fresno game if they manage to improve.

And don't tell them they aren't worth anything. Most of the MWC fans think they will be getting a better tv deal than the BE.

They think BSU is going to come crawling back................ (except for the Wyo fan here who knows what side the bread is buttered on)

I'm sure a lot of those teams play quality football given their level of competition.....I just don't see that great a TV deal, as none of the schools have any national appeal.

There is some potential with some of these schools, as there is talent to be had......but its going to take some great coaching.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...all it takes is a few winning seasons to get people to jump on a band wagon. Look at Boise State for example...

:dance: