• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Musicians You Like Outside of Your Usual Tastes

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a die hard lover of classic rock (CCR, ZZ Top, the Stones, etc,) and also love the blues and Americana. Growing up my mom listened to Johnny Mathis and Tom Jones, and these two guys are two of my top vocalists of all time. I don't think anyone---maybe Roy Orbison--can touch Johnny Mathis as far as smooth vocals go. I love his song, "The 12th of Never," and listen to it at least once a week. Tom Jones is another one I never tire of. He has recently gone back to his blues roots and has released a series of three albums --"Praise and Blame" "Spirit in the Room" "Long Lost Suitcase"--that showcase his love for the blues and gospel. When my wife and I first got together, she just about fell over after seeing my Johnny Mathis and Tom Jones CDs mixed in with my Led Zep, George Thorogood, UFO, Foghat......

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge jazz and jazz fusion fan (as well as musician), but I really love most of the music from, My Fair Lady. I don't generally have interest in musicals, either.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan R&B, funk, R&R, rap, old school country, and the blues. I dig the shit outta Tom Jones as well. I have about 3 hours of songs from him on reel to reel. I also like certain Musicals, Fiddler On the Roof, The King and I, not a lot, but what I do like I really like. and I can listen to Bob Marley for days, but couldn't tell you another reggae artist aside from his son or another reggae song not sung by Bob Marley to save my live.