• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Murder Rate Drops as Concealed Carry Rises

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry wt. It won't be accepted because it's from fox.

But no doubt concealed carry will make thugs think.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might make thugs think but I question any cause and effect here. Tougher sentencing laws may have just as much of an impact or more.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might make thugs think but I question any cause and effect here. Tougher sentencing laws may have just as much of an impact or more.

The death penalty hasn't stopped murder. But for sure it sends a message. And that is one less person around that likes killing.

Violent crime should be met with violence.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The death penalty hasn't stopped murder. But for sure it sends a message. And that is one less person around that likes killing.

Violent crime should be met with violence.

I'm talking about the gang related stuff and the three strikes laws (though I have reservations about them at times). Getting them off the street has to have helped some. I don't know if just one thing can be the major cause though, like they are trying to claim with concealed carry.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the gang related stuff and the three strikes laws (though I have reservations about them at times). Getting them off the street has to have helped some. I don't know if just one thing can be the major cause though, like they are trying to claim with concealed carry.

Concealed carry has little to do with gang on gang violence. Unless it's a group of thugs ready to take out a couple leaving a movie theater.

But denying the article because of what you think.....There's no use discussing it. That's your opinion. OK.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally makes sense, if the dirtbags are worried about their "victims" possibly being armed, crime will drop...if they don't, they will drop...win / win!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of retarded people in this country who don't care about the consequences for their actions as is. How is arming all of them going to make it any better?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of retarded people in this country who don't care about the consequences for their actions as is. How is arming all of them going to make it any better?

There are over 1 million people registered for concealed carry. The only people shooting up the place are thugs and crazies...which are one in the same now that I think about it.

My point...the everyday armed citizen knows the purpose of his/her weapon and knows when to use it.

There's no need to be smug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. CC won't have an effect on the everyday gang on gang violence. But it makes sense that criminals would be more cautious or less likely to commit said crime with more people opting for CC.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before any of the antis post the usual drivel, about having a gun for self-defense making you less safe.

:finger:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are over 1 million people registered for concealed carry. The only people shooting up the place are thugs and crazies...which are one in the same now that I think about it.

My point...the everyday armed citizen knows the purpose of his/her weapon and knows when to use it.

There's no need to be smug.

I am not being smug. I honestly don't have a very strong opinion one way or the other on the situation, and can see both sides. My issue is that your premise (and most of those in favor of cc for that matter) is rooted in the thought that if someone wants to carry a gun illegally now, they will - which just isn't the case or even provable. Those aren't the only crazies out there. We can agree that there are many people unfit to be carrying a loaded gun. Making it legal for all of them, and not even discouraging the act of carrying a gun may open society up to a whole new boatload of armed folks who do not have the wherewithal to carry or use a gun.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not being smug. I honestly don't have a very strong opinion one way or the other on the situation, and can see both sides. My issue is that your premise (and most of those in favor of cc for that matter) is rooted in the thought that if someone wants to carry a gun illegally now, they will - which just isn't the case or even provable. Those aren't the only crazies out there. We can agree that there are many people unfit to be carrying a loaded gun. Making it legal for all of them, and not even discouraging the act of carrying a gun may open society up to a whole new boatload of armed folks who do not have the wherewithal to carry or use a gun.

Most cc states require passing a suitability test. You're never going to weed out every idiot. But for sure the opposite...denying citizens of good standing a way to defend themselves...so to ensure no crazies get a gun...helps the criminal. in a big way.

The police will always take minutes to respond. In that time many bad things can happen. An older guy like myself should be allowed to at least keep the crazies at bay until they arrive....or die trying.

The smug I got was from "There are a lot of retarded people in this country who don't care about the consequences for their actions"

I am not retarded. I'm tired of thugs owning the streets.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks,

Lets tread lightly and not turn this into a debate forum. This forum is strictly for us gun folks to yap about our guns and such.

I carry everywhere I go. I am not crazy. I have had to pull it once and thankfully did not have to pull the trigger.