• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Send Down 3

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard decision to send down Elias. He hasn't been bad, but with how well Montgomery has been pitching, there is no way you send him down.

Will be interesting to see what the Mariners do when Paxton gets healthy.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard decision to send down Elias. He hasn't been bad, but with how well Montgomery has been pitching, there is no way you send him down.

Will be interesting to see what the Mariners do when Paxton gets healthy.

Yeah Elias is a solid starter. I have been happy with his overall performance this year. He will be back. I still think some trades are on the horizon involving pitching, could be wrong.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Elias is a solid starter. I have been happy with his overall performance this year. He will be back. I still think some trades are on the horizon involving pitching, could be wrong.

Having depth at SP is always important, so it's important to play it safe. I'm happy as can be with the way Montgomery has pitched, but a level of skepticism has to be had to ensure that this isn't just a hot stretch before we look at trading our vets away and handing the reigns over.

If Iwakuma pitches well and regains his value, I'd like to see him moved. Happ as well. We could probably get some pretty decent returns for those guys and they'd clear up around $14m in payroll space.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having depth at SP is always important, so it's important to play it safe. I'm happy as can be with the way Montgomery has pitched, but a level of skepticism has to be had to ensure that this isn't just a hot stretch before we look at trading our vets away and handing the reigns over.

If Iwakuma pitches well and regains his value, I'd like to see him moved. Happ as well. We could probably get some pretty decent returns for those guys and they'd clear up around $14m in payroll space.

I have been a huge advocate of starting pitching depth. I wanted them to add another vet pitcher in the offseason something that I still think they should have done. Even to this point in the season I still think our overall depth at SP is somewhat thin. There is still a heavy reliance on extremely young pitchers. So i totally get the concern with trading SP especially our veterans. If we go on a huge winning streak and get back in the hunt then I would reconsider but at this point we are not a playoff team and I think if we can get value for a guy like Kuma then I absolutely think its worth it. The ideal trade would be for a .obp guy with team controllable years still left.

I agree Kuma and Happ would be the guys I'd like to see traded and to be honest I think the return on either guy could be very beneficial to the Mariners if handled properly.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a huge advocate of starting pitching depth. I wanted them to add another vet pitcher in the offseason something that I still think they should have done. Even to this point in the season I still think our overall depth at SP is somewhat thin. There is still a heavy reliance on extremely young pitchers. So i totally get the concern with trading SP especially our veterans. If we go on a huge winning streak and get back in the hunt then I would reconsider but at this point we are not a playoff team and I think if we can get value for a guy like Kuma then I absolutely think its worth it. The ideal trade would be for a .obp guy with team controllable years still left.

I agree Kuma and Happ would be the guys I'd like to see traded and to be honest I think the return on either guy could be very beneficial to the Mariners if handled properly.

Unfortunately, Jack's record with trading starting pitchers hasn't been great.

Also, for some reason, Seattle seems to be where hitters come to die. On the surface, it looked like the Mark Trumbo trade would be a good one as we'd be landing a guy who can hit 30 HRs with around a .250 BA. So far he has 1 HR and a BA in the mid .100s last time I checked.

Hypothetically, say we trade Kuma or Happ for a vet hitter of equal quality. What are the odds they continue to produce for us? For some mystical reason, the percentage of hitters that hit along their career numbers with Seattle seems to be considerably low.

That being said, I do agree with you and think that is the right path to take. Just pointing out some concerns.

I'd rather move Happ as I believe that Kuma's value is at it's lowest possible point right now. He was bad in his 3 starts and coming off of an injury. I believe Kuma's upside is a lot higher than his current trade value, so if I'd move anyone, it would be Happ.