• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Rangers Sept. 11th - 14th

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice move jack ass!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson out for the season. Maybe played his last game as a Mariner.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson out for the season. Maybe played his last game as a Mariner.
And won't he be happy when that day comes; he might actually go to a contender next year!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to hear about Dyson. He's one of my favorite players on the team right now.

He's cheap, plays great defense and is a serious threat on the base paths. I'd strongly consider trying to retain him this offseason. I'm aware we have Haniger, Gamel and Heredia, but Dyson is at worst a great 4th outfielder if you'd rather start those four.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that, Moron-da ends the game early.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Good News:

Custer graduated from West Point

The Bad News:

He was last in class at West Point...just saying.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, Paxton and Felix will be back next week!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Johns‏Verified account @GregJohnsMLB 32m32 minutes ago

Can confirm that Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto is in Japan scouting this week. Pretty safe bet he'll get good look at two-way star Shohei Ohtani.

-------------------------

He will end up with a washed up pitcher on his last arm...but controllable.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Johns‏Verified account @GregJohnsMLB 32m32 minutes ago

Can confirm that Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto is in Japan scouting this week. Pretty safe bet he'll get good look at two-way star Shohei Ohtani.

-------------------------

He will end up with a washed up pitcher on his last arm...but controllable.
Oh, but of course that's how it'll end up. Heaven forbid someone with actual talent should be signed up to lead the way on this team...

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Our starter decided not to give up a run in the first inning! Someone take a look out your window to see if there are any more signs of the Apocalypse, quickly!

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already know that we have the bats, but where did all this better pitching come from?!

Both last night AND tonight, they're actually keeping the Rangers at bay?!

Sure, our window is closing fast, but what the hell happened after Monday?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what the final record is, it's encouraging to see Haniger and Zunino producing.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mike Zunino actually average?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that Leake has turned into the real deal for us and he may be something to build with. I didn't like his numbers in the second half of the last two years, but his arm looks lively and he looks like a competitor. I think he turned me...please don't let this be his curse. :)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino has had big moments...few and far between, but productive at times which is more than he has in the past. This version may not be All-Star caliber but it is definitely usable.

Haniger has come back around and has been the MVP of late. My only issue is that I don't know which version he really is? I hope he is the beginning of the season and of late version because that is a nice OF to have around.

Gamel is still an enigma to me. Not sure who he really is either. I mean Heredia is who he is, a go for broke hitter with a mean uppercut at the plate who goes all out and is fearless though flawed, but Gamel? Not sure yet.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino has had big moments...few and far between, but productive at times which is more than he has in the past. This version may not be All-Star caliber but it is definitely usable.

Haniger has come back around and has been the MVP of late. My only issue is that I don't know which version he really is? I hope he is the beginning of the season and of late version because that is a nice OF to have around.

Gamel is still an enigma to me. Not sure who he really is either. I mean Heredia is who he is, a go for broke hitter with a mean uppercut at the plate who goes all out and is fearless though flawed, but Gamel? Not sure yet.

Zunino is 5th in WAR and 7th in WRC+ among catchers. Likely won't justify a 3rd overall pick but his season this year is definitely solid. I at least feel ok about him for once going into next year. Still would like a more useable backup tho.
I'm not an expert but Haniger just looks like a guy I can see succeeding. His regression was very clearly just regression. He was still doing things okay from what it looked like. I think Servais needs to just keep him in the 2 spot.
I however am not a real believer in Gamel. I would need to see him hit for a little more power. His fielding metrics aren't great and his hot streak was due to an astronomically high BABIP. I think platooning him with Heredia would be ok. Leaves one OF spot to address this winter. Preferably a CF

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino is 5th in WAR and 7th in WRC+ among catchers. Likely won't justify a 3rd overall pick but his season this year is definitely solid. I at least feel ok about him for once going into next year. Still would like a more useable backup tho.

Agreed. Maybe the future backup is already in the system? I hope so anyways.

I'm not an expert but Haniger just looks like a guy I can see succeeding. His regression was very clearly just regression. He was still doing things okay from what it looked like. I think Servais needs to just keep him in the 2 spot.

Probably true. I am sure the two major injuries caused a lot of it, at least I hope that was the reason. Batting 2nd is a no-brainer to everyone except Servais apparently. He just looks natural there behind Segura.

I however am not a real believer in Gamel. I would need to see him hit for a little more power. His fielding metrics aren't great and his hot streak was due to an astronomically high BABIP. I think platooning him with Heredia would be ok. Leaves one OF spot to address this winter. Preferably a CF

Agreed again. I like the platoon potential with both and prefer Heredia on defense late in games. CF would be nice (even Dyson would be fine) so we can stop any notion of using Haniger out there even in a short term usage unless we get JD Martinez for RF then I wouldn't complain so much. Cain from KC would be my #1 choice for next year.