• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's at Rays 5/25 - 5/27

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very nice win

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello .500 .... NOW get above that and don't look back... The next stretch is important...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz's performance is maddening to me in a way. I love what he is bringing but its bitter sweet cause with him on the team last year the Mariners would've been in the WS possibly winning it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team without Cruz... Course I guess last year could've been better because Cano is a non-factor this year, our defense is playing FAR worse, and our pitching (relief/closer) is worse.

Agreed with above, if Cruz was playing last year, easily a deep playoff if not WS appearance.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners have been operating with a six-man bullpen for a couple of days as a means of delaying the need to make a decision on the team’s veterans, writes Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Delaying a move by even a few days gave the Mariners time to further examine trade possibilities, Dutton notes, but they’ll soon need to add a reliever to the mix. Candidates include Lucas Luetge, Mayckol Guaipe and Kevin Gregg, though Gregg would require a 40-man roster move and force the team’s hand even sooner. Players currently at risk, Dutton writes, are Rickie Weeks, Willie Bloomquist, Justin Ruggiano and Dustin Ackley. It seems highly unlikely that the Mariners would do something as drastic as designating Ackley for assignment, but if they’re truly exploring trade possibilities, he’d likely have the most appeal of the four players listed by Dutton. One way to buy a bit more time would be to option Chris Taylor back to Triple-A to make room for a reliever that’s already on the 40-man roster.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz's performance is maddening to me in a way. I love what he is bringing but its bitter sweet cause with him on the team last year the Mariners would've been in the WS possibly winning it.

It's not even June yet. Lots of baseball to play. Seems like everything is starting to go as planned besides Cano's bat (which will turn around) and Rodney (who's obviously washed up).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even June yet. Lots of baseball to play. Seems like everything is starting to go as planned besides Cano's bat (which will turn around) and Rodney (who's obviously washed up).

I'm speaking to last year, there is zero chance the entire staff rounds out into the historic numbers they put up last year and had they had Cruz last year the fans would've seen a WS appearance.

Their reported stupid stance on PED offenders when they flat out encouraged PED use in the 01 season throughout Seattle and Tacoma.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners have been operating with a six-man bullpen for a couple of days as a means of delaying the need to make a decision on the team’s veterans, writes Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Delaying a move by even a few days gave the Mariners time to further examine trade possibilities, Dutton notes, but they’ll soon need to add a reliever to the mix. Candidates include Lucas Luetge, Mayckol Guaipe and Kevin Gregg, though Gregg would require a 40-man roster move and force the team’s hand even sooner. Players currently at risk, Dutton writes, are Rickie Weeks, Willie Bloomquist, Justin Ruggiano and Dustin Ackley. It seems highly unlikely that the Mariners would do something as drastic as designating Ackley for assignment, but if they’re truly exploring trade possibilities, he’d likely have the most appeal of the four players listed by Dutton. One way to buy a bit more time would be to option Chris Taylor back to Triple-A to make room for a reliever that’s already on the 40-man roster.

If they move on from Ruggiano then Jack seriously needs to be let go, the only two that should be on the block are Ackley and Weeks, and it should be an easy decision in letting Weeks go unless Jack can somehow work a deal with Ackley involved to bring in an OF or SP.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they move on from Ruggiano then Jack seriously needs to be let go, the only two that should be on the block are Ackley and Weeks, and it should be an easy decision in letting Weeks go unless Jack can somehow work a deal with Ackley involved to bring in an OF or SP.
Weeks has been good against lefties, which was really the only reason he was brought aboard in the first place.

Unless we replace the entire position with a very good player (doubtful, I'd rather see Weeks stick around and replace Ackley with an outfielder who can hit righties decently.

Jack Z just using smoke and mirrors with the "on scholarship" spiel until he makes a move to replace Ackley, IMO.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeks has been good against lefties, which was really the only reason he was brought aboard in the first place.

Unless we replace the entire position with a very good player (doubtful, I'd rather see Weeks stick around and replace Ackley with an outfielder who can hit righties decently.

Jack Z just using smoke and mirrors with the "on scholarship" spiel until he makes a move to replace Ackley, IMO.

I guess I should've prefaced my absolute hatred of Weeks on the team. If they can get a legitimate outfielder then I can see Weeks being on the team. But if they can't flip Ackley then I can't see a reason. Ruggiano is a better option to take over his role than Weeks as he is by far the more complete and valuable player as the RH option than Weeks as an end of the bench guy who can't lefties, can't field, hasn't done squat on the bases.