• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's 2016 season Forecast!

Where do the M's End it this season??

• win the division

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • wild card

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • barely above .500

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Ownership will screw them

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely over .500. The pitching, all the pitching, isn't overwhelming. That has to be how we make the playoffs and I don't see it happening.

Felix- An Ace, not a Top Ace.
Kuma- Just waiting for the next injury.
Walker- Maybe this is the season, maybe not.
Miley- Innings eater...
Paxton- Not sold on health or stuff
Karns- #4 SP at best.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went just above .500

I think there are too many question marks to be confident in this team but I could certainly see them find lighting in a bottle from time to time. I like some of the changes Dipoto made but I also dislike many of the moves he made too, there seemed to a step forward here and there but also a few steps backwards here and there also.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bit over .500... 85 wins max imo... Not going to drink the kool-aid this year...

tumblr_mtt8gsf1EH1qdaaw6o1_500.gif

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely over .500. The pitching, all the pitching, isn't overwhelming. That has to be how we make the playoffs and I don't see it happening.

Felix- An Ace, not a Top Ace.
Kuma- Just waiting for the next injury.
Walker- Maybe this is the season, maybe not.
Miley- Innings eater...
Paxton- Not sold on health or stuff
Karns- #4 SP at best.
Yeah in my mind the pitching is going to be the biggest key to the success of this team and I agree with what you said about them.
Felix is an old 29, lots of innings under his belt.
Kuma and Paxton are injury risks and easily could result in holes in the rotation.
Not sold on Miley but we have seen pitchers with his similar skill set perform well in Safeco.
Karns has maybe a season worth of starts under his belt.

Fact is Seattle will need between 8-10 different guys getting starts to get through the season.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah in my mind the pitching is going to be the biggest key to the success of this team and I agree with what you said about them.
Felix is an old 29, lots of innings under his belt.
Kuma and Paxton are injury risks and easily could result in holes in the rotation.
Not sold on Miley but we have seen pitchers with his similar skill set perform well in Safeco.
Karns has maybe a season worth of starts under his belt.

Fact is Seattle will need between 8-10 different guys getting starts to get through the season.

I'm more concerned w/ the bullpen than I of the starters...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 winning season in the last 6 years, and it was an utter fluke.

awful farm left in Z's disastrous wake.

being .500 or above with the payroll allowance this team has would be a good result. it'll take another couple of years to hope for anything else, and that's only if Dipoto knows what the fuck he's doing, which we really don't know yet.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned with the bullpen too, some of the stuff Dipoto did to the bullpen was strange to me strategically. I want to see how the bullpen looks once st is coming to a close to really get a better grasp on what we got there.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw the over/under at 83 which seems about right. Probably the toughest season in a while to get a finger on. Normally I think they will be crap or foolishly think they look ok. With this group I honestly don't know. I don't think the West is that strong so sticking around .500 until late July should keep them in it. Then just hope you get lucky after that.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why there wasn't a Plan B for the main lefty in the pen. Furbush was never a given in in my mind to start the season as his injury was very serious. Now that the reality is coming to light you have to use two starters for your main lefties. I know Jerry had/has a lot to cleanup but this seems like it would have been a basic/cheap thing to address

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is, in terms of exigency, bullpen arms are usually the easiest to acquire at any time.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is, in terms of exigency, bullpen arms are usually the easiest to acquire at any time.

True, but if he isn't Japanese we won't have the extra money to spend on him.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My choice is not listed. I see them finishing about where they were last year.

Cano looks like he may finally have a season like he used to have with the Yankees.

We will start seeing Cruz show signs of age, but he should still be a bargain at his salary in comparison to what others are making.

Looks like Felix might need to re-invent himself again.

We will never, ever, ever see another bullpen season like the 2014 bullpen season. But if we get an instant replay of the 2015 bullpen, it will take a miracle to get to 80 wins.

Miley should benefit from pitching half of his games in Safeco and a few more in Oakland. Unfortunately the same affect will have negative consequences for Adam Lind.

I have high hopes for Marte, but, I had similar high hopes for Franklin, Ackley, Smoak, Romero, Miller...

Franky is gonna hit 20+ homers this year. I think the dude is on the Venezuelan milkshakes.

Don't know why Seth Smith wasn't moved when Dipoto was cleaning house last a few months ago.

Not sold on Martin at all and I think he will battle the Mendoza line all year long. Aoki is a nice addition.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to Brock and Salk on the way in to work today, and they tried talking about baseball. It's always pretty funny.

In a nutshell, according to them, Sardinas was our best pickup in the off season, and when he's not playing infield positions, he's a great candidate to be a back up center fielder.

The sad things is, they may be right.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to Brock and Salk on the way in to work today, and they tried talking about baseball. It's always pretty funny.

In a nutshell, according to them, Sardinas was our best pickup in the off season, and when he's not playing infield positions, he's a great candidate to be a back up center fielder.

The sad things is, they may be right.

You got to love NW sports. They can make you laugh and cry at the same time.

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 winning season in the last 6 years, and it was an utter fluke.

awful farm left in Z's disastrous wake.

being .500 or above with the payroll allowance this team has would be a good result. it'll take another couple of years to hope for anything else, and that's only if Dipoto knows what the fuck he's doing, which we really don't know yet.

Spot-on.

Lifeline Mariners fan who abandoned the team because of Jack Z about three years ago.

I'm going to sign up for MLB TV to watch the M's again.

Yes, I think it will take a couple of years, if Dipoto is good.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot-on.

Lifeline Mariners fan who abandoned the team because of Jack Z about three years ago.

I'm going to sign up for MLB TV to watch the M's again.

Yes, I think it will take a couple of years, if Dipoto is good.

In two years Cano will be 35 and turning 36 shortly after the season ends. Cruz will be 37 and turning 38 at mid-season, and Felix will be 32 and have over 3000 innings (counting minor leagues) on his arm.

Given the talent of the other position players and what we have in the minor leagues right now, there is little to no hope for success two years down the road. Smith, Aokl, and Lind will not even be here two years from now. Whatever this team is going to do needs to happen now because the window of opportunity (what pathetically little opportunity there is) will be closed two years from now.