• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mount Rushmore of TV shows

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your personal current Mt Rushmore.

The Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
Doctor Who

Honorable mention...

Calfornication - it has gone down hill the last few seasons, but the first 3 or 4 seasons were amazing.
Breaking Bad
Orphan Black
Once upon a Time
How I Met Your Mother
Archer
Suits

I do not include Game of Thrones because I do not have HBO and have only seen season 1. Same goes for Boardwalk Empire (except I have only seen the pilot of that)

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a real dearth of good shows now.

My only must watch/Mt. Rushmore of shows is Breaking Bad.

2 years ago, I would've said Dexter and Mad Men, but they're both really dumb right now.

The first season of The Walking Dead was good, but it went dumb really fast in season 2.

Haven't tried Sons of Anarchy yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a real dearth of good shows now.

My only must watch/Mt. Rushmore of shows is Breaking Bad.

2 years ago, I would've said Dexter and Mad Men, but they're both really dumb right now.

The first season of The Walking Dead was good, but it went dumb really fast in season 2.

Haven't tried Sons of Anarchy yet.

Dexter is certainly not as good now as it was the first 2 seasons, but those two seasons set the bar quite high. I am just catching up on Mad Men (I am a few eps into S3) and I just don't see it. The show is good, but I do not see how it is considered one of he best. Compared to The Shield (possibly the best show ever) it does not even rank.

While TWD S1 was amazing and S2 was not quite as good, S3 was a great bounce back, and the show is changing as it goes to reflect the re-establishment if society after the ZA. I think it is CLEARLY the best show going right now.

BB is good, and it had one of the greatest episodes ever (the train heist), but I do not think it compares to some others right now.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the finale for Season 2 of The Walking Dead, and the first 2 episodes of season 3. It's really stupid. Actually, silly is a better word for it.

The Shield is another that was good for a couple of seasons, but went into freefall after that.

I have rarely watched network tv shows for a decade, though. It's just that right now, Showtime and HBO don't even have much worth watching. I've been reading the Game of Thrones books since 1997, and find the show decent. Somebody told me Ray Donovan was good, but I don't think it's worth subscribing to Showtime again.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your personal current Mt Rushmore.

The Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
Doctor Who

Honorable mention...

Calfornication - it has gone down hill the last few seasons, but the first 3 or 4 seasons were amazing.
Breaking Bad
Orphan Black
Once upon a Time
How I Met Your Mother
Archer
Suits

I do not include Game of Thrones because I do not have HBO and have only seen season 1. Same goes for Boardwalk Empire (except I have only seen the pilot of that)

I watch all those shows except sons of anarchy... never got into it(missed out from the beginning, and watch to many shows to start now)Those HBO shows Game of thrones, the newsroom and boardwalk empire you must watch...

Orphan black has potential to be a great show(wont call it that yet since it is only one season)
But you left out some great shows especially before how i met your mother:
1. psych- possibly my favorite show on tv
2. burn notice
3. the cartoons(futurama, family guy, simpsons,american dad,south park)
I am still missing much...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch all those shows except sons of anarchy... never got into it(missed out from the beginning, and watch to many shows to start now)Those HBO shows Game of thrones, the newsroom and boardwalk empire you must watch...

Orphan black has potential to be a great show(wont call it that yet since it is only one season)
But you left out some great shows especially before how i met your mother:
1. psych- possibly my favorite show on tv
2. burn notice
3. the cartoons(futurama, family guy, simpsons,american dad,south park)
I am still missing much...

Psych - Pure guilty pleasure. I watch it, but if it disappeared, I would not miss it. I view it kind of like a bland candy. It is nice if there is nothing else, but I would not go out of my way for it.

Burn Notice - It has gone sooooooo for down the last 2 or 3 seasons that it is really hard to list it on a list like this. I also get irritated with the lack of chemistry between Donovan and Anwar. I do not remember seeing a long-term TV couple with less chemistry than these two.

Cartoons - I included Archer, and probably should have included South Park. I respect Simpsons, but I have not watched it in 10 or 15 years. I have never liked Family Guy or American Dad. those two are actually painful to watch, IMHO. I realize I am in the minority on that, though. Futurama is OK, but it jumps around so much (network-wise) that it has just become too hard to follow, so I gave up on it a long time ago.

Orphan Black - I agree that it is too young to rank too high, but the acting is AMAZING (the actor who plays Felix is actually North American - not sure if he is from USA or Canada) and the story is strong. I really look forward to S2.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psych - Pure guilty pleasure. I watch it, but if it disappeared, I would not miss it. I view it kind of like a bland candy. It is nice if there is nothing else, but I would not go out of my way for it.

Burn Notice - It has gone sooooooo for down the last 2 or 3 seasons that it is really hard to list it on a list like this. I also get irritated with the lack of chemistry between Donovan and Anwar. I do not remember seeing a long-term TV couple with less chemistry than these two.

Cartoons - I included Archer, and probably should have included South Park. I respect Simpsons, but I have not watched it in 10 or 15 years. I have never liked Family Guy or American Dad. those two are actually painful to watch, IMHO. I realize I am in the minority on that, though. Futurama is OK, but it jumps around so much (network-wise) that it has just become too hard to follow, so I gave up on it a long time ago.

Orphan Black - I agree that it is too young to rank too high, but the acting is AMAZING (the actor who plays Felix is actually North American - not sure if he is from USA or Canada) and the story is strong. I really look forward to S2.

I agree burn notice is nowhere where it was, but i still like it more than suits... Psych, is by far my favorite USA show though... Its a tv geeks dream show, all the references are great, and the friendship relationship between shawn and gus is one of the best relationships on tv...
I loved the first season of suits, but believe it has gone downhill as well... It bothers me that he is a fraud who judges everyone else... he became this righteous lawyer, and i just dont like that...

2 more shows we left out is its always sunny and the league...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree burn notice is nowhere where it was, but i still like it more than suits... Psych, is by far my favorite USA show though... Its a tv geeks dream show, all the references are great, and the friendship relationship between shawn and gus is one of the best relationships on tv...
I loved the first season of suits, but believe it has gone downhill as well... It bothers me that he is a fraud who judges everyone else... he became this righteous lawyer, and i just dont like that...

Dont watch either. I saw one ep of The League, but it didnt stick. Sunny I never heard of until mid-way into S2, and by that time, it was too late to pick it up. I may do a marathon of it one of these years.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO:

Breaking Bad
House of Lies
Dexter
Californication

Although the latter two certainly have regressed in recent seasons.

Other shows I watch... why? I have no idea, but I do:

Da Vinci's Demons
The Walking Dead (terrible IMO)
Vikings (History Channel)
Fast n Loud
Arrested Development (half way through season 4)
Ultimate Fighter

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Community started with such promise, but it fell off the cliff. Now that the original Show runner is back on board, hopefully it will get back to it's S1 glory.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a ton of HBO love huh? Only one person mentioned GoT?

Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Mad Men
Walking Dead

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone leaving GOT off the Mt. Rushmore needs their heads examined.

Honorable mention: Magic City and DaVinci's Demons.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey calsnowskier, are you going to watch this new BBC america show Broadchurch?? it actually sounds pretty good... just wondering since you are probably the only one here like me who watches orphan black and dr who... Tv junkies unite!!!

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough...

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
House of Cards

Walking Dead is the first off the list

Just curious, what would be your all-time list?
Mine....
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Breaking Bad
Sopranos

Always Sunny (seasons 1-4 only) is close here too.

As you can tell, I watch AMC and HBO alot ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey calsnowskier, are you going to watch this new BBC america show Broadchurch?? it actually sounds pretty good... just wondering since you are probably the only one here like me who watches orphan black and dr who... Tv junkies unite!!!

I will watch it, but I do not have high hopes. I am typically not a fan of stunt-casting.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough...

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
House of Cards

Mine....
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Breaking Bad
Sopranos

Dr. Krieger, why is archer not on your list??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough...

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
House of Cards

Mine....
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Breaking Bad
Sopranos

All-time is fun, but too rich or a single list.

Sitcoms

Seinfeld
Scrubs
Cheers
MASH

Happy Days, Friends, Cosby, HIMYM, MTM, AD, Leave it to Beaver are all worthy entrants as well.

SciFi...

TOS/TNG
Lost
Dr Who
Twilight Zone

I had to merge TOS and TNG, even though they are both stand-alone. I never watched X-Files, but I trust that belongs here. BSG, Stargate, Fringe are a few others that get consideration.

Drama...

Sopranos
NYPD Blue
Magnum PI
Dexter

I am not overly thrilled with this list. I am sure I can do better.