• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mothernature at its best...

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So interesting story that happened to me. Some of you might know that this particular animal has the ability to do such a thing I never knew and it was the most amazing experience ever...

This past Saturday was the opening season of Spring Gobbler in Virginia. So I have been scouting within the last month for turkeys and found this particular area that looked like it would do well for me this season. So I get to the property on Saturday and setup and start calling for gobblers. I call off and on for about an hour and had no luck. So I countinue for a bit longer and decide to move to my backup spot which is a pretty good one at that...

So I get to the spot and call and after a period of time I get a solid response. So immediately I am ready to go for it sounded only 200 yards or so from me max. I continue to call and each call I make I get a raspy / gobbler sounding response. This continues for about 5 minutes until the last call this animal makes I know its very close so I am ready to rock, have the browning up at this time and just waiting for the right time to make my shot. All of the sudden a coyote bigger than my labrador (which is 90 lbs) runs towards me and stops suddenly about 35 yards away. We stare each other down for a good 5 minutes. You can tell it didn't know what the hell I was for I was in full camo and face paint but it didn't want to give up either for it had been working its ass of to get to where it was. So eventually I stand up and yell and it slowly backed off keeping its eyes still on me.

Takeaways:
#1 - I had no clue coyotes could get that big out where I am. These things can get pretty freaking big.
coyoteeastern.jpg

#2 - I didn't shoot for this was a pretty amazing experience. Seeing such an animal at work trying to trick its prey by producing a good gobbler call was mothernature at its best and something that is higher than me. So I wasn't about to shoot unless it came at me. Call me crazy.
#3 - Seeing this happen I am going to invest in a damn good game camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a really cool story. Thanks for sharing.

I've seen a Coyote stalking a group of turkeys before but I've never heard them make such a noise.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had bout a 50-70 lb yote within 15 yards of me one deer season......

Lil bastard, I didn't want to shoot him cuz I didn't want to fuck up my deer hunting for the day....... But he kept getting closer and closer....