• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Underrated Player at Every Position In The NFL Today?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the overrated thread has finished now it's time for the list we've all been waiting for in the most underrated players at each position. I'll start it off and let you guys add in more and leave room for debate. I'll start the list with a few positions.

QB: Alex Smith- Chiefs: Always known as the guy drafted ahead of the GOAT but is still damn good
RB: James (Sweet Feet) White - Patriots. The real SB MVP
WR: Jamison Crowder - Redskins. Best weapon for the Skins but rarely mentioned but is the most consistent great player on the offense and put up decent stats
G: TJ - Packers. One of the best in the game and blocks forever for Rodgers
CB: Casey Hayward- Chargers. Packers were dumb enough to let him go but he was PFF's best FA acquisition last season and had 7 int's. Could eventually become an elite CB.
Safety: Earl the pearl Thomas - Seahakws. While loudmouth Shermonator and the thumper in BAM BAM get all the credit Earl proved he was the main piece to the puzzle with his injury last season.

What say you?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the overrated thread has finished now it's time for the list we've all been waiting for in the most underrated players at each position. I'll start it off and let you guys add in more and leave room for debate. I'll start the list with a few positions.

QB: Alex Smith- Chiefs: Always known as the guy drafted ahead of the GOAT but is still damn good
WR: Jamison Crowder - Redskins. Best weapon for the Skins but rarely mentioned but is the most consistent great player on the offense and put up decent stats
CB: Casey Hayward- Chargers. Packers were dumb enough to let him go but he was PFF's best FA acquisition last season and had 7 int's. Could eventually become an elite CB.
Safety: Earl the pearl Thomas - Seahakws. While loudmouth Shermonator and the thumper in BAM BAM get all the credit Earl proved he was the main piece to the puzzle with his injury last season.

What say you?
I think Earl Thomas gets a lot of love at Safety. Too much to consider underrated. I know he was hurt last year, but I would put Rashad Jones on that list. Darian Stewart, Barry Church, maybe.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Earl Thomas gets a lot of love at Safety. Too much to consider underrated. I know he was hurt last year, but I would put Rashad Jones on that list. Darian Stewart, Barry Church, maybe.

What about Collins from the G-men?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Collins from the G-men?
Very much considered putting him on the list, but I think he was an All Pro last season and will start to get mad love because of it this season and beyond. If he keeps his level of play up, he will easily be talked about in that first tier of Safeties this time next year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Earl Thomas underrated? He's widely regarded as one of the best (if not the best - Eric Berry/Harrison Smith are in the discussion) safeties int he league. He routinely makes top 50 lists.

If you were going to pick anyone on Seattle that's underrated I'd say Doug Baldwin. Very little recognition but makes constant clutch catches and his reception per target ratio is insane.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Earl Thomas underrated? He's widely regarded as one of the best (if not the best - Eric Berry/Harrison Smith are in the discussion) safeties int he league. He routinely makes top 50 lists.

If you were going to pick anyone on Seattle that's underrated I'd say Doug Baldwin. Very little recognition but makes constant clutch catches and his reception per target ratio is insane.

I have him as underrated as well for sure just not the most underrated. Although at one point I believe he was.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What say you?

Smith was in Brady's draft class? hell there were 6 scrubs inc Tee Martin before the GOAT

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most feel Smith is above average and solid. Which is about right. I think the consensus about him around the league is fair.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him as underrated as well for sure just not the most underrated. Although at one point I believe he was.

I agree that he used to be. He used to get overshadowed by the other big name DB's in Seattle. He gets his due now, especially after he broke his leg last year. It was an eye opener to how much he means to them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What say you?

Earl Thomas overrated...........:scratch:...........ok if you say so.:crazy:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB: Colin Kaepernick. He did it to himself, though, but he is probably around the 25th or so best QB in the league and isnt in the league next year.

OT: Taylor Lewan. He broke in the NFL top 100 this year but last year you had every pundit moving him to RT in their mock drafts. Like every. single. mock. draft. And last year they had 1 of the 2 elite offensive lines.

Edge: Joey Bosa. #100 in the NFL top 100 but will likely be much higher after next year when he gets a full season under his belt.

Probably a bunch more but the term underrated fluctuates pretty quickly

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tink james white and crowder need to prove their worth more than 1 year, heck white needs to do it more than one game.........

QB-Dalton

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Great Dayne

I think you missed it by a bit. My most underrated Seahawks is a guy overshadowed by the WHOLE LOB.

Mlb Bobby Wanger

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qb- Carr. I think he belongs in the top 10 right now discussion.

RB- Todd Gurley- that man is a killer

WR- Allen Robinson. If he didn't have Bortles. Top 10 wr discussion.

LB- Bobby Wagner. Stated above post

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highest paid player in the NFL is underrated?

Thats an interesting opinion.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB- Todd Gurley- that man is a killer

WR- Allen Robinson. If he didn't have Bortles. Top 10 wr discussion.

LB- Bobby Wagner. Stated above post

I only agree with Wagner

I think the complete opposite on Gurley, and many WR's have had far more success with far worse QB's than Bortles