• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mosely out for Florida game

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TUSCALOOSA _ University of Alabama coach Nick Saban said on his weekly radio show that sophomore linebacker C.J. Mosley will not play Saturday at No. 12 Florida.
Coach Nick Saban said that sophomore linebacker C.J.Mosley (elbow) won't play Saturday at Florida.

Saban first said that he was probably out, and then added that he wouldn't play.

Saban also said that the game was probably ideal for Mosley, who plays in the nickel packages, and that he’ll be day-to-day next week.

Previously, Saban said that Mosley was still considered questionable and would be more of a “game-time decision.”

For the season Mosley has 12 tackles, including two for a loss and a sack, and broke up two passes.

Mosley injured his elbow against Arkansas on a 5-yard run by Ronnie Wingo Jr. As he reached out for the running back near the sideline, junior safety Robert Lester inadvertently hit his arm, which appeared to bend backward for a moment.

“C.J. has a very big role on the team, does a lot of things, is very athletic. He also plays a lot of special teams,” senior strong-side linebacker Jerrell Harris said Wednesday. “We pride ourselves on the next man up. Coaches always do a good job in making sure the next guy behind is always ready to go.

“It really could be any one of us because all of the linebackers play all the positions, so any given moment you could be called upon.”

After Mosley’s injury Alabama split his duties between numerous players, and more dime coverage. Among hose who were pressed into service included true freshman Trey DePriest and redshirt freshman Adrian Hubbard, with some of his other responsibilities divided between Nico Johnson and Harris.

There could be a similar split against the Gators.

“Pretty much so,” Saban said. “He played in all the groups and it will affect the roles of how we play players, and who plays and what we can do. So it creates some opportunities for some other guys that we feel pretty confident can do a good job for us.

“C.J. in the role that he plays, he really does a good job. He’s a hard guy to replace.”

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will really show just how much depth we have today. I can't wait, I feel like we are gonna dominate the gators today. I just don't see how they will be able to score.