• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Work To Be Done Before Expanded Playoffs

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it's not happening this year. I agree with most that I'd like to see the NFL never expand the playoffs, but I also agree that it's looking like it's a matter of when, not if.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me this means its not if but when will we see more playoffs so that a Jerry Jones run team can finally make it. This is what Mark Cuban was talking about when he said 10 years from now Football might no longer be King of USA sports. Anyways here's the article.

Roger Goodell says more work needed before expanding NFL postseason - ESPN

With new rules and rule changes every year and the inevitable complaints that "those new rules are going to take the NFL from tackle football to flag football and lose fans because of it", you'd think it would have started happening by now, but people keep coming back anyway and the popularity of the league seems to increase every year. Of course, the league could be exaggerating its actual popularity, but suffice it to say that people aren't deserting the sport en masse like those people thought would happen when these new offense-friendly, safety conscious rules first started trickling in.

It would probably take the literal conversion to flag football or an on-field death to knock the NFL off of its pedestal in this country as the #1 league within 10 years and while an on-field death could happen, because you can never guess when those things will happen, I seriously doubt the conversion to flag football is ever going to happen, short of an act of Congress anyway. If the league expanded its playoff field, it would probably take multiple years of under .500 teams getting in to even make a dent in the league's popularity and even then, I don't think that alone would be enough to drop it to #2 or lower. It'll eventually drop off its perch as the most popular league in the country, but it's unlikely to happen in the next 10 years.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another dumbass idea from Goodell. Why change what's not broken? Post season is perfect as it is.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this… Playoffs are fine just the way they are… IF YOUR gonna change anything change the seedings which are grossly unfair…

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some people hated the idea of playoff expansion the last time it happened, but it doesn't seem to have hurt the league. I don't know if it's a good idea or a bad idea, but we won't really find out until it is implemented and we've had some time to see the effects.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on this is that it's already hard for players to stay healthy for a full season, especially after they have been in the League for five or more years, so adding more games is just going to set teams up for more injuries witch always is a concern every year in Football and we all know if certain players get injured on any particular team it can kill that teams Season.