• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More M's love from ESPN

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has always been the Alaska of the sports world. The 116 win season, the 05 superbowl run, the ray allen led Sonics team deep into the playoffs, etc. Neither of those teams got the recognition they deserved.

But I think times are changing now.

I think they (ESPN, Fox, NBC, etc.) see Seatte as a sports city on the rise. Seahawks and Sounders continuously sell out and are arguably the best fans in both their respective league (bias of course). They see the M's with the young talent and franchise players like Felix and Cano as a team on the rise too.

I think if we can maintain this success, the national media will soon recognize us as one of the bigger sports city in the country and hopefully that will get us a basketball team back.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch ESPN much but I like to see if I can catch the highlights on all the stations when we win. I've caught glimpses of Baseball Tonight twice in the last week and both times Eduardo Perez has mentioned a Mariners Pitcher named "Iwamura." Anyone know if we have another Japanese guy who's pitching well?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch ESPN much but I like to see if I can catch the highlights on all the stations when we win. I've caught glimpses of Baseball Tonight twice in the last week and both times Eduardo Perez has mentioned a Mariners Pitcher named "Iwamura." Anyone know if we have another Japanese guy who's pitching well?

I noticed that when I watched the most recent Baseball Tonight. You'd think someone would have corrected him on that by now, but either they have and he just has a mental block with it or they don't care and haven't bothered to let him know that it's Iwakuma.

edit: Full disclosure... I'm not particularly good with names myself, but it's literally part of his job to know who these guys are and how to pronounce their names at the very least.

Last edited by a moderator: