• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montero is here?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Montero has been called up.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see what the plan is roster wise. Maybe a trade is in the works because there doesn't seem to be a spot for him. At this point though you need to see what you have with him. It's not like Lomo is that good anyway.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of opportunities to get Montero in the game last night but he was not utilized.

Seth Smith faced a left hander in two at bats last night. Normally, they do let him hit against lefties, and with good reason. They could have pinch hit Montero for Smith and then has Jackson take Smith spot in then outfield. Brad Miller also does not play against lefties anymore either but he faced a lefty in two at bats last night. They could have pinch hit Montero for Miller and then put Taylor in the game.

It would appear that Montero is still in the Mariner doghouse despite his presence on the 25-man roster.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of opportunities to get Montero in the game last night but he was not utilized.

Seth Smith faced a left hander in two at bats last night. Normally, they do let him hit against lefties, and with good reason. They could have pinch hit Montero for Smith and then has Jackson take Smith spot in then outfield. Brad Miller also does not play against lefties anymore either but he faced a lefty in two at bats last night. They could have pinch hit Montero for Miller and then put Taylor in the game.

It would appear that Montero is still in the Mariner doghouse despite his presence on the 25-man roster.

I get your point, but I believe Austin Jackson is hurt, isn't he?

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a lengthy discussion with an M's fan about Jesus Montero while flying this morning. Happy for Montero that he is up with the M's. Guess that pre-game work stretching out the pitchers in OKC and Round Rock might come into play now. Somebody has to give Zunino a day off. Can't play even a Gold Glove caliber catcher with an .038 batting average.

Jesus came to camp in shape and accepted his demotion to Tacoma. He did not sulk down there, or whine about how unfair it was. He buckled down. He worked hard, and when the manager asked him to warm up the pitchers...he got on his mitt and pads and did it with a smile on his face. I hope he surprises M's fans and management, but it is up to Jesus Montero to show that he has grown up and deserves to stay.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a lengthy discussion with an M's fan about Jesus Montero while flying this morning. Happy for Montero that he is up with the M's. Guess that pre-game work stretching out the pitchers in OKC and Round Rock might come into play now. Somebody has to give Zunino a day off. Can't play even a Gold Glove caliber catcher with an .038 batting average.

Jesus came to camp in shape and accepted his demotion to Tacoma. He did not sulk down there, or whine about how unfair it was. He buckled down. He worked hard, and when the manager asked him to warm up the pitchers...he got on his mitt and pads and did it with a smile on his face. I hope he surprises M's fans and management, but it is up to Jesus Montero to show that he has grown up and deserves to stay.
montero won't be catching

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
montero won't be catching

Who cares? ANYONE can catch. When you're sporting the WORST average in the league through 150+ plate appearances and the 6th most strikeouts SOMETHING has to change. I don't care who you plug back there.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? ANYONE can catch. When you're sporting the WORST average in the league through 150+ plate appearances and the 6th most strikeouts SOMETHING has to change. I don't care who you plug back there.
what you said about the overall position of catcher is absurd.

i understand the frustration over zunino, but anybody who thinks montero will ever catch again in anything but an extreme emergency (like the 17th inning where your reliever just gave up 10 runs, there are 2 outs, and your everyday and backup catchers both had their legs severed in the course of the game) is not really understanding the whole major league baseball thing. MAYBE the m's, who are a close to last place team, might put him in to catch in a blowout, but it would be really fucking weird to see.

montero is here, and he's going to maybe be a DH or 1B player for the rest of any career he might have...if and only if he can prove that he can hit lefties well, and not look completely lost against righties for any reasonable period of time.

so let's go ahead and start this thread over with relevant discussion about montero as a MLB player and how he fits with the m's.

Last edited:

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree thats pretty much the only situation we will ever see Montero catch in again. They ended his catching career for a reason. His body couldnt take it.

I'm tired of Zunino too but Montero has a zero % chance of fixing our catching situation, he'll never catch again.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to AAA.

Scored the ONLY run today!
M's management/ownership suck.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, can anybody give me something to explain this move?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to AAA.

Scored the ONLY run today!
M's management/ownership suck.

His OBP today was 1.000 in 3 AB's... So hey... Let's send him down to AAA because he's messing with the bell curve...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this franchise. Can NFL PLEASE START!?