• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely shocked if Garrapolo goes anywhere. They obviously think highly enough to have drafted him in the second round. I really think he's one guy not going anywhere on the Pats. At some point the back up QB turnstyle has to stop and really look toward the future which is getting much closer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely shocked if Garrapolo goes anywhere. They obviously think highly enough to have drafted him in the second round. I really think he's one guy not going anywhere on the Pats. At some point the back up QB turnstyle has to stop and really look toward the future which is getting much closer.
Totally agree. Pats are SB champs with an "aging" QB. You must have a suitable back-up and Garrapolo appears to be the future and ready to back-up now.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Tom Brady play is like watching a 30 year old. He stays in excellent physical condition because he's close to Gillette and works out 3 or 4 days a week. He expects to play into his early 40's and will probably do so unless he gets injured. Brady has three years left on his contract and that makes Garrapolo expendable at the right price.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone is going to give you a Top 4/5 CB that is 25 yrs old for your back up QB who played Div II football and has never played a game in the NFL, well he did in a blow out loss. You pull that trigger. If you wont make that move, then you need to move on from Brady then....hmmmmm maybe Clev wants TB12?? LOL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, guys. Are you looking at the NFL teams scrambling for a QB? I think carrying Garrapolo as a back-up is cheap and has a lot of upside. I get that you think NE's defense is no good without Revis and Browner but remember, NE was 25th in opponents completion percentage with Revis and Browner! Frankly, they did not make that much difference! (go ahead, shoot me!)

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, guys. Are you looking at the NFL teams scrambling for a QB? I think carrying Garrapolo as a back-up is cheap and has a lot of upside. I get that you think NE's defense is no good without Revis and Browner but remember, NE was 25th in opponents completion percentage with Revis and Browner! Frankly, they did not make that much difference! (go ahead, shoot me!)

Nah, lol...No issues with others opinions. Having Revi$ helped a lot, partly because he shut down the best teams WR. IDK. TB12 was a 6th rd pick. That is why I just want to give NE 1st for Haden.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, lol...No issues with others opinions. Having Revi$ helped a lot, partly because he shut down the best teams WR. IDK. TB12 was a 6th rd pick. That is why I just want to give NE 1st for Haden.
I'd be happy to give the 1st for Haden. That 1st would not likely get a CB of his talent in the 1st round with any pick. I'd not give Garrapolo. I today's NFL, I'd want Haden and a 1st for Garrapolo. I see 7 teams ahead of Cleveland's 12 that need a QB. After last years draft, there are only a handful of QB's that look promising and Garrapolo is one of them and close to the top of the list.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as in love with a back up QB as many of you are. I'd much rather have a top 3 CB who has game experience with a lousy team and has shown he's better than 98% of his peers. Send Garrapolo to the Browns will most likely make him the starter. Does that make him the next Brady or Manning? Who is surrounding him and will he have the level of talent that he has in NE? Often, it's the surrounding cast that makes the Superstar.
A fair trade is Garrapolo and the #32 for Haden and Cleveland's second and 6th round picks. Don't forget, Belichick picked up Gibson late in the season as the 3rd QB. He's bigger and stronger than Garrapolo, and like JG, he has very little NFL experience.

The problem isn't being in love with Revis. I've watched the last 7 games the Patriots played including the Super Bowl and Revis did not play the opposing team's best WR. Against the Broncos he was on Sanders and got repeatedly beat. Sanders had 13 receptions for more than 160 yards and he sat out a short period after getting hurt tackling Ninkovich. Against the Colts he wasn't on Reggie Wayne or T.Y. Hilton. He was on the the #3 most of the game. Butler was on Hilton and Arrington played Wayne. Against the Ravens he wasn't on Torrey Smith, Browner was banging him at the line and McCourty picked him up. Revis is living on his reputation and not on speed or coverage. Manning and Flacco went after him. Andrew Luck did shy away because he thought he had better options.

I would trade an unknown for an Allstar any day.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as in love with a back up QB as many of you are. I'd much rather have a top 3 CB who has game experience with a lousy team and has shown he's better than 98% of his peers. Send Garrapolo to the Browns will most likely make him the starter. Does that make him the next Brady or Manning? Who is surrounding him and will he have the level of talent that he has in NE? Often, it's the surrounding cast that makes the Superstar.
A fair trade is Garrapolo and the #32 for Haden and Cleveland's second and 6th round picks. Don't forget, Belichick picked up Gibson late in the season as the 3rd QB. He's bigger and stronger than Garrapolo, and like JG, he has very little NFL experience.

The problem isn't being in love with Revis. I've watched the last 7 games the Patriots played including the Super Bowl and Revis did not play the opposing team's best WR. Against the Broncos he was on Sanders and got repeatedly beat. Sanders had 13 receptions for more than 160 yards and he sat out a short period after getting hurt tackling Ninkovich. Against the Colts he wasn't on Reggie Wayne or T.Y. Hilton. He was on the the #3 most of the game. Butler was on Hilton and Arrington played Wayne. Against the Ravens he wasn't on Torrey Smith, Browner was banging him at the line and McCourty picked him up. Revis is living on his reputation and not on speed or coverage. Manning and Flacco went after him. Andrew Luck did shy away because he thought he had better options.

I would trade an unknown for an Allstar any day.
If Cleveland does not get Mariota, they might give Haden straight up!
Garrapolo has a great pre-season, his value goes up even more.
Again there are 7 teams ahead of Cleveland that need a QB. There are going to be some teams hungry. Mariota might not get past the #2.....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Clev is going after Bradford, then going to turn around an trade Haden for NE 1st. Then Clev can move back up and get a WR (Cooper, White, Strong, Parker) or get that DL they want (Brown, Goldman). I mean if NE did trade JG, they have plenty of picks to move up and take another QB they like. I am not even sure they have worked out anyone, so I think JG is safe. Philly wants MM, getting Clev pick would put them in the top 3 to get him. They have to get to Tenn spot, or before NYJ. Tenn would be dumb to not take 2 picks in the 1st. Philly is the key in this IMO.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are drooling for a shot to get Mariotta. They'll view him as a savior and put him immediately in a position to fail. I think that the Jets will improve a lot this year but MM will not make them 12-4 or 13-3. Ohio State exposed a lot of his weaknesses against top level competition. The NFL's weak sisters are better than OSU.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Tom Brady play is like watching a 30 year old. He stays in excellent physical condition because he's close to Gillette and works out 3 or 4 days a week. He expects to play into his early 40's and will probably do so unless he gets injured. Brady has three years left on his contract and that makes Garrapolo expendable at the right price.

As much as I'd love to see Brady play into his 40's......the likelihood of that isn't good. Arms only have so many throws in them. We've never had a back up QB who actually looked good in their time on the field. Garoppolo looked damn good. And seeing as Brady could fall at any time...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks till draft day. does anyone really think the Pats will be making a pick at 32? I will be surprised if they don't trade out of it.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks till draft day. does anyone really think the Pats will be making a pick at 32? I will be surprised if they don't trade out of it.

IF they can get a trade partner. We need oline. I hope we don't trade down. We have a lot of picks.
trade for player or move up.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under Bill Belichick's leadership, New England has drafted 133 players for an average of 8.9 selections per year. The positions targeted with those selections are as follows:

Position - Quantity
Linebacker - 16
Cornerback - 16
Offensive Tackle - 13
Wide Receiver - 12
Tight End - 12
Defensive Tackle - 12
Safety - 11
Defensive End - 10
Quarterback - 9
Running Back - 8
Guard - 5
Center - 4
Kicker - 2
Fullback - 1
Punter - 1
Long Snapper - 1

Interesting breakdown. WR has been a black hole. Followed by CB.