• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mock draft thread 2017

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all CM is not going to happen. How can you argue that we will take 2 NT's? cmon man.

CM is a option man and makes our team better. 2 NT when we have a need at that position helps us when we run the 3-4 or 4-3 and can rotate guys in. Our D needs help and the guys I grabbed will help us with that. We don't need to go full all out on D picks but do need to address it. I got play makers on both sides of the ball.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CM is a option man and makes our team better. 2 NT when we have a need at that position helps us when we run the 3-4 or 4-3 and can rotate guys in. Our D needs help and the guys I grabbed will help us with that. We don't need to go full all out on D picks but do need to address it. I got play makers on both sides of the ball.

I would love CM but I don't think he is going to be there at 17. The team already stated that it doesn't value a NT and Toumsual can make one. So why spend a high pick or two on one?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love CM but I don't think he is going to be there at 17. The team already stated that it doesn't value a NT and Toumsual can make one. So why spend a high pick or two on one?

I am not going to argue a Mock draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus how is NT trumping Rb, ILB, OLB, and FS right now.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Christian McCaffey – RB
2) Chris Wormley – DE
3) Jaleel Johnson - NT
4) Jarron Jones – NT
5) Jon Toth – C
6) Kareem Are – G
6) Johnathan ‘Rudy’ Ford – S
7) Jalen Robinette - WR

Damn you, you got me arguing a mock draft. So when I was selecting for the redskins and CM was available you are saying I shouldn't have taken him because you hear he won't be available to us in the real draft? :L

Second round and I wanted a 3-4 DE badly so I traded up to get one and grabbed Chris Wormley I just didn't see him or McDowell falling to us.

Third round I went with Jaleel Johnson who improves our nose tackle spot immediately.

4th round I thought Jarron Jones was BPA. I didn't see a ILB or S worthy of the 7th pick in 4th round. So I took another NT. This gives us lots of options. Rotate guys in, run the 4-3, and insurance that we have a starter at NT.

5th round I got Jon Toth the 2nd best Center according to Walter Football

6th round I got a huge guard Kareem Are 6'6 325, to maybe replace Lauvao if anything gives us depth.

6th round I finally got us a safety in Rudy Ford who ran the 40 in 3.34.

7th round landed us a tall receiver in 6'3 220lb Jalen Robinette.

I wanted to grab us a ILB but when I was selecting they either were just taken or would have been a reach. Now to win the vCash for the draft I should have grabbed zero of players who fit our teams and went with name guys to impress the voters. Hell maybe grab QB Watson in 2nd round. If we get close in the real draft to the players I grabbed I feel our team will be dramatically better especially on the defensive side of the ball. You cant look at the draft and say hey we just drafted 3 defensive players in a row so the next guy MUST be a offensive player that's how you make your team worse. You go best player available per the teams needs. So for us DE,NT,RB,WR,ILB,S and take BPA per those needs. If a FB thats BPA comes up you pass on him.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming a trade down with the Texans this is almost exactly ran round for round from the latest mock at NFL.com. I did not speculate who would be available but went with the so-called expert opinion.
Also, this is just for fun -- so I am not suggesting someone HAS to use CBS, ESPN or NFL, LOL.

25. Malik McDowell DE MSU
49. Obi Melifonwu S UCONN
57. Zach Cunningham ILB VANDY
81. Ryan Anderson OLB BAMA
114. Nico Siragusa G SDSU
154. Brendan Langley CB LAMAR
201. Michael Roberts TE TOLEDO
209. Robert Davis WR GSU
220. Ben Boulware ILB CLEMSON
235. Davon Godchaux DT LSU

I really, really wanted Foster, since Cook and McCaffery were gone. That is the risk you take trading down.
However things panned out pretty well, McDowell should benefit from far less double teams at DE while McGee moves to NT. Obi and Zach should become starters after their rookie seasons. Cunningham is a huge pick up with Brown likely to bolt in 2018. OLB remains a mystery, Anderson doesn't look amazing but could develop into a 10 sack guy while Siragusa helped his RB break the NCAA rushing record.
The remaining picks have either above average physical features or quality leadership traits.
With the exception of running back I thought this put the team in a great position with depth and financially.

Again feel free to agree or NOT, haha

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean johnson and jones can play anywhere on the d/line sorry if tomsula making a NT isnt a strategy but it isnt

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming a trade down with the Texans this is almost exactly ran round for round from the latest mock at NFL.com. I did not speculate who would be available but went with the so-called expert opinion.
Also, this is just for fun -- so I am not suggesting someone HAS to use CBS, ESPN or NFL, LOL.

25. Malik McDowell DE MSU
49. Obi Melifonwu S UCONN
57. Zach Cunningham ILB VANDY
81. Ryan Anderson OLB BAMA
114. Nico Siragusa G SDSU
154. Brendan Langley CB LAMAR
201. Michael Roberts TE TOLEDO
209. Robert Davis WR GSU
220. Ben Boulware ILB CLEMSON
235. Davon Godchaux DT LSU

I really, really wanted Foster, since Cook and McCaffery were gone. That is the risk you take trading down.
However things panned out pretty well, McDowell should benefit from far less double teams at DE while McGee moves to NT. Obi and Zach should become starters after their rookie seasons. Cunningham is a huge pick up with Brown likely to bolt in 2018. OLB remains a mystery, Anderson doesn't look amazing but could develop into a 10 sack guy while Siragusa helped his RB break the NCAA rushing record.
The remaining picks have either above average physical features or quality leadership traits.
With the exception of running back I thought this put the team in a great position with depth and financially.

Again feel free to agree or NOT, haha
not a mcdowell fan but this is a good draft dude and if malik pans out then its great

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Christian McCaffey – RB
2) Chris Wormley – DE
3) Jaleel Johnson - NT
4) Jarron Jones – NT
5) Jon Toth – C
6) Kareem Are – G
6) Johnathan ‘Rudy’ Ford – S
7) Jalen Robinette - WR

Are you saying I shouldn't have taken him because you hear he won't be available to us in the real draft? :L

This for whatever reason should be put in a signature, it is ROTFL!!!

Anyway, I must say based on who we ended up with, it works.
A future front 3 for cheap, that gives you freedom to cut your current DE early if needed.
A RB you can eventually give 20 touches a game, and also allows us to get rid of some of the RB on the roster.
Business wise, this allows the offense to stay in tact and addresses our biggest issue.
Obviously the real draft will fall differently

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm obviously hoping for Foster or Cook, I do believe there is a slight chance Hooker or some other top 10 guy falls. I've looked at some film on McDowell and for a guy that played Nose and was injured he looked good "based" on what he was asked to do. I think he would be amazing at DE and not having to play NT.
Not sold on Reddick, because he'd have to be a leader right away at a position he has never played

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This for whatever reason should be put in a signature, it is ROTFL!!!

Anyway, I must say based on who we ended up with, it works.
A future front 3 for cheap, that gives you freedom to cut your current DE early if needed.
A RB you can eventually give 20 touches a game, and also allows us to get rid of some of the RB on the roster.
Business wise, this allows the offense to stay in tact and addresses our biggest issue.
Obviously the real draft will fall differently

Hey I managed to draft these guys in 4th annual Nos draft. I filled lots of needs along both up front lines. I wish I could have addressed ILB or have gotten a safety earlier then 6th round but shout that d-line pan out it will be cheap and destructive force in the NFC East for years. Caffrey I like his versatility a LOT and the fact he can catch so well really helps us after losing our 2 best receivers. I agree of course the actual draft with Allen running it will probably be totally different. Called FUBAR.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is why he is sitting in a booth

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh. I think that is the first one I have seen with him in the 1st.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh. I think that is the first one I have seen with him in the 1st.

McKinnley? I have seen late first rounder. Harris is moving up to mid first.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnley? I have seen late first rounder. Harris is moving up to mid first.
Honestly, I'd take McKinley over Harris. McKinley's a safe pick with a very good floor and decent ceiling, imo.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its better then bucky sucky brooks at 17 skins take trubiskey

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all clowns , they watched Harris on game changers and now they are creaming . Coattail riding bitches