• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have undrafted free agents after this mock? If so, how does it work? In ours we sign 12, sign 6 right away first come first serve (just no other way and don't want to make it difficult) then 24 hours later can sign 6 more.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have undrafted free agents after this mock? If so, how does it work? In ours we sign 12, sign 6 right away first come first serve (just no other way and don't want to make it difficult) then 24 hours later can sign 6 more.

We dont do any of that, we simply draft and then vote on who had the best draft for their team...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please lord let my son do okay tomorrow on his first tee ball game. The kid gets very upset when anything goes wrong and he trips over his own shadow so crossing my fingers he doesn’t have a meltdown tomorrow. Also lord please keep him healthy. 1 kidney playing sports scares me. @wlk3 and @UK Cowboy any idea to get him so he accepts when things don’t go his way and to show sportsmanship? I don’t mind a kid being competitive and wanting to win but when someone would beat him at a board game he would cry and scream saying “I don’t want to play anymore”. When he hit the tee instead of the ball he would slam the bat down. I just worry about tomorrow.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please lord let my son do okay tomorrow on his first tee ball game. The kid gets very upset when anything goes wrong and he trips over his own shadow so crossing my fingers he doesn’t have a meltdown tomorrow. Also lord please keep him healthy. 1 kidney playing sports scares me. @wlk3 and @UK Cowboy any idea to get him so he accepts when things don’t go his way and to show sportsmanship? I don’t mind a kid being competitive and wanting to win but when someone would beat him at a board game he would cry and scream saying “I don’t want to play anymore”. When he hit the tee instead of the ball he would slam the bat down. I just worry about tomorrow.

I believe his responses to losing or failure may have a lot to do with you, I could obviously be wrong but when he first started acting this way what was your reaction to him? Did you coddle him and say it's ok Michael or did you get after him and tell him that's not how a respectful child acts? I'm thinking if you had done the latter you wouldn't be experiencing this issue. Children are taught to be respectful it doesn't come naturally.

As far as his health issues, he's a strong little dude no doubt and people live full healthy lives with one kidney, so please don't let that stop him from having a wonderful childhood and don't let it stop you and Dana from enjoying his childhood, I know it's only natural to worry but it's been a while now, he's gonna be fine.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe his responses to losing or failure may have a lot to do with you, I could obviously be wrong but when he first started acting this way what was your reaction to him? Did you coddle him and say it's ok Michael or did you get after him and tell him that's not how a respectful child acts? I'm thinking if you had done the latter you wouldn't be experiencing this issue. Children are taught to be respectful it doesn't come naturally.

As far as his health issues, he's a strong little dude no doubt and people live full healthy lives with one kidney, so please don't let that stop him from having a wonderful childhood and don't let it stop you and Dana from enjoying his childhood, I know it's only natural to worry but it's been a while now, he's gonna be fine.

I am not the coddler at all. I’m the one who would tell him that’s not how he should act. We tried timeouts, ignoring, spankings, etc and only thing that works is soap in the mouth. Yes I know soap is generally used for bad words but that’s only thing for him tha worked. Having no older siblings, or being in full time daycare/School hadn’t helped either because both would show him how to react/play with others.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the coddler at all. I’m the one who would tell him that’s not how he should act. We tried timeouts, ignoring, spankings, etc and only thing that works is soap in the mouth. Yes I know soap is generally used for bad words but that’s only thing for him tha worked. Having no older siblings, or being in full time daycare/School hadn’t helped either because both would show him how to react/play with others.

Take him camping for two weeks, the first day there beat the hell out of him then by the time the two weeks is up and you head home he will be healed! lolzzz

How do you react around him when things don't go your way? Maybe he learned it from you, there has been some times on here where you kinda freaked when you lost?

Has ever even seen you and Dana fight?

Does he have anything he loves doing? Video games, riding a bike? Anything? Try taking that away for a few days when he does it, always stick to the time you say he will have to go without.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now but somebody just notched their 20th Championship!

Congratulations my friend!

Gonna fucking catch me!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tee ballers, it should be all about fun. When I come into the huddle, I'd let out a super loud Ric Flair "whooo". Get them to crack up. If he swings and misses, laugh with him and tell him to swing harder. Tell all the boys that whoever hits the ball the farthest wind a banana split. Then they will be thinking about smashing the ball instead of worrying about missing it. Most of all, go on and on about the one ball they caught and not the five they missed. Your kids will love you and they'll love having fun at their games

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tee ballers, it should be all about fun. When I come into the huddle, I'd let out a super loud Ric Flair "whooo". Get them to crack up. If he swings and misses, laugh with him and tell him to swing harder. Tell all the boys that whoever hits the ball the farthest wind a banana split. Then they will be thinking about smashing the ball instead of worrying about missing it. Most of all, go on and on about the one ball they caught and not the five they missed. Your kids will love you and they'll love having fun at their games

Fully agree on praising the positive and ignoring the bad behavior. It’s when he hits the tee and throwing a fit over it it’s hard to ignore. I’m sure the coaches will help him as I will be there for praise. I know teeball is going to be great for him in so many ways.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully agree on praising the positive and ignoring the bad behavior. It’s when he hits the tee and throwing a fit over it it’s hard to ignore. I’m sure the coaches will help him as I will be there for praise. I know teeball is going to be great for him in so many ways.
Throwing fits....my boys knew if they did, I'd whip their butts right there lol. Since I can't do that to someone else's child, I figured out another way. Big Boy rules. I would tell the boys I was starting a reward chart. Every week I would give boys a mark of they weren't listening, didn't say yes sir or yes ma'am, cried because the missed a ball, or threw a fit when they hit the tee. At the end of the a practice each week, the boys with no marks got to sit in the dugout and eat ice cream while the boys with marks spent ten minutes with me doing cardio. Some people today would say I'm too much of a hard ass, but my oldest boys are two of the best men you will ever meet, and I've had nearly 50 boys who played for me go on to play in college, and most of them still text me today. So, with my younger boys, I'm like John Wayne when asked if I've changed....Not One Bit lol. Kids need discipline, and they want it too

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners have been paid

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things I probably missed. What is the time limit for picks?

I guess that is all I really need to know.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ritzarmy just saw this... I’m still trying to be a better father so I can’t truly speak on how to modify his behavior, although I do agree discipline and consistency need to walk hand and hand... as for tball, Walker and dash are 2 different situations... with walker, his first at bat he hit the ball and walked to first base ironically... I was pretty pissed and let him know about it... I got onto him when he didn’t focus and he didn’t respond well... dash on the other hand wanted to compete from jump... he was pissed when we switched leagues when he was 4 and realized they weren’t counting outs lol... he kept yelling “he’s out!” when they were out but stayed on the base... anyway I say all that to say all kids are different... you have to know what kind of kid you have and understand how he/she will react to different situations... I wish I could go back and give Walker the rick flair whoooo! Even though he walked to first... I like uks suggestion of rewarding the good effort even if the result isn’t... do some 1on1 workouts with the tee and make fun of yourself missing the ball and let him know it’s not the end of the world if he misses... that’s really all I got, make it as fun as you can until he’s ready to push himself to be better... that’s when you ask uk how to make him great :nod: