• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Class from Rivals site

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's the current projected class from some of our Rival's insiders.

Bolded are current commits, listed with their position and the position ranking. To be clear, this is a mock class using what we know now, and doesn't mean we wont have others in it, it's just using players who were fairly comfortable with landing at this point. There a quite a few wild cards we're involved with, including 5* Darius Hamilton, and Nelson Algholor.

RB Matt Jones 14
RB Mike Davis 10

WR Latroy Pittman 37

WR Stefon Diggs 2
WR Adrian Jenkins N/A

TE Colin Thompson 6
TE Kent Taylor 1

OT Jessamen Dunker 11
OT D.J. Humphries 1

OT Avery Young 10

DT Dante Phillips 18
DT JaFar Mann 34

DE Quinteze Williams 23
DE Tyriq McCord 7
DE Jordan Jenkins 5
DE Jonathan Bullard 2

ILB Antonio Morrison 8
OLB Lorenzo Phillips 15
OLB Jeremi Powell 19

CB Brian Poole 8

S Rhaheim Ledbetter 25
S Marcus Maye 7

K Austin Hardin 10

Last edited by a moderator:

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

ESPN did a recruiting breakdown on the SEC East: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/6862992/sec-east-recruiting-breakdown

Florida Gators
Commitments: 17
ESPNU 150 commitments: 6

Who they have: In their first full season to recruit, new Gators coach Will Muschamp and his staff are putting together a very good recruiting class. The Gators have done particularly well across the secondary, with two four-star safeties in Marcus Maye and Rhaheim Ledbetter and four-star cornerback Brian Poole . The Gators also have two solid running backs in big Matt Jones and versatile Mike Davis. Florida hit the trifecta at offensive tackle in five-star D.J. Humphries and four-stars Jessaman Dunker and Omari Phillips. Florida also landed the nation's top tight end in Colin Thompson . Humphries is the top-rated OL prospect in the country and the No. 7 overall prospect, while Thompson, Dunker, Poole, wide receiver LaTroy Pittman, Phillips, and outside linebacker Lorenzo Phillips are members of the ESPNU 150.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Diggs is going to be a tough pull for Florida, from what I have read on him. He loves FSU and Miami and mamma wants him to stay close to home, so VT and Maryland are in it.

Coach believes Maryland, South Carolina could be near top of list for Good Counsel wide receiver Stefon Diggs - Recruiting Insider - The Washington Post

It's an older article that says his mom likes Spurrier and Edsall, and the two people to win over a recruit with is the mom and girlfriend.

Has he visited VT yet?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach believes Maryland, South Carolina could be near top of list for Good Counsel wide receiver Stefon Diggs - Recruiting Insider - The Washington Post

It's an older article that says his mom likes Spurrier and Edsall, and the two people to win over a recruit with is the mom and girlfriend.

Has he visited VT yet?

He has been down to VT a few times. We get a lot of kids from Good Counsel and their coach usually brings them down for the spring game and our camps. I think he has been there three times since last season and came to one game last season. I do not think that he ends up a Hokie, but the Miami fiasco helps everyone else some.

There is a lot of stuff on the pay side at Rivals that covers him more recently, but you have to have a membership to read it.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that Diggs is going to be a tough pull for Florida, from what I have read on him. He loves FSU and Miami and mamma wants him to stay close to home, so VT and Maryland are in it.

Miami is in it, FSU is barely mentioned though.

Diggs is friends with our starting LB Jelani Jenkins (they were high school teammates) and their mothers are also very close.

I feel comfortable about our chances since FNL.

Huetrang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re:

UF fans are new to his recruitment. They just don't know him well enough yet.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UF fans are new to his recruitment. They just don't know him well enough yet.

Who? Diggs?

It gives us plenty of confidence when he runs out on to the field doing the Gator Chomp ;)