• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mobile Phone: OnePlus 3

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody taken a look at some of the lesser known brands who are trying to soup up their phones?

OnePlus 3

I was planning on picking up the Google Pixel XL that's coming out soon but this OnePlus 3 looks pretty intriguing. For a comparison the new iPhone 7s only have 2 GB of RAM and the Galaxy 7s are packing 4 GB of RAM vs. this one which has 6. Overall the specs of this phone are pretty legit for half the price of one of the major brand's flagship handsets. I'm only apprehensive because I don't know if it will have bloatware and whether getting a phone designed for Android Nougat will be worth the extra coin.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody taken a look at some of the lesser known brands who are trying to soup up their phones?

OnePlus 3

I was planning on picking up the Google Pixel XL that's coming out soon but this OnePlus 3 looks pretty intriguing. For a comparison the new iPhone 7s only have 2 GB of RAM and the Galaxy 7s are packing 4 GB of RAM vs. this one which has 6. Overall the specs of this phone are pretty legit for half the price of one of the major brand's flagship handsets. I'm only apprehensive because I don't know if it will have bloatware and whether getting a phone designed for Android Nougat will be worth the extra coin.
Specs can be deceiving with phones. Samsung uses 4 gigs or RAM and apple uses 2 because that's what they need to run smoothly and efficiently. I doubt you'd have noticeable improvement with 6. Just quickly looking at the ad you linked, it also boasts a 16 mp camera, the Samsung s7 has a 12mp camera and I can almost promise you it's significantly better. (Just now, while writing this I googled to see if there's a comparison of the two, there is and my assumption was correct, though the review did praise the OnePlus 3's camera as a solid phone camera).

I guess it depends what you're after. If you're just looking for a functional phone that will get the job done I'm sure you'd be happy with it. From the little bit I just looked into it it seems praised as a great budget phone. If you're a heavy phone user who wants to have the best possible quality out of all you're phone's features go with samsung if you prefer android. If you're only concern is if it's worth it to make sure you have the latest version of android, I think that's a legit concern. Whether that alone makes the extra money worth it? Again, I think it goes back to what you want out of a phone.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specs can be deceiving with phones. Samsung uses 4 gigs or RAM and apple uses 2 because that's what they need to run smoothly and efficiently. I doubt you'd have noticeable improvement with 6. Just quickly looking at the ad you linked, it also boasts a 16 mp camera, the Samsung s7 has a 12mp camera and I can almost promise you it's significantly better. (Just now, while writing this I googled to see if there's a comparison of the two, there is and my assumption was correct, though the review did praise the OnePlus 3's camera as a solid phone camera).

I guess it depends what you're after. If you're just looking for a functional phone that will get the job done I'm sure you'd be happy with it. From the little bit I just looked into it it seems praised as a great budget phone. If you're a heavy phone user who wants to have the best possible quality out of all you're phone's features go with samsung if you prefer android. If you're only concern is if it's worth it to make sure you have the latest version of android, I think that's a legit concern. Whether that alone makes the extra money worth it? Again, I think it goes back to what you want out of a phone.
Today's Google conference is going to make or break my decision. If everything is on the up and up with the Pixel XL I'll most likely get that. I was reading an article that was saying the next OnePlus is getting 8 GB of RAM and they're beginning to focus on OS updates which is an important part of establishing themselves in the US market. From what I've seen the OnePlus 3 is typically 2nd in performance behind the iPhone which makes it no slouch especially considering it's like 3-4 months older.