• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB, seemingly the most practical sports league to restart...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… is beginning to look like the one which may not do so. Premier League and Bundesliga Soccer would be done by now, but they're going to play out a season.

The NBA and NHL would be in the post-season. Nearing the completion of their seasons. Yet, the NBA has joined the NHL with a plan to return with a playoff format. The NHL plan has already been agreed upon, while the NBA's plan has feelings of optimism surrounding it.

Report: NBA owners expected to approve Orlando restart with 20-22 teams

Then, there's baseball. The sport (among those impacted) which lost the least in terms of value to their season. Summer, the season most associated with baseball, is not even yet upon us. Yet, negotiations are appearing to be headed in the direction of a dead-end. The 2020 season in dire jeopardy. Due to the virus? No. Due to financial disputes.

There's a thought circulating that no 2020 season would be massively detrimental to the league. I must agree. Perhaps not to the casual fan, but to the diehards and the core fan-base? I think it would hurt. At least, that's what I've heard/read.

Regardless of who is wrong/right. It would be a terrible look to have this thing fall apart over money, during a time where so many Americans are in massively worse situations. The players can all tell us how the owners are to blame and visa versa. It doesn't matter, though. Perception is reality. This will be perceived in a hugely negative manner by baseball fans. Especially with all other sports leagues appearing to be on track towards resuming/playing a 2020 season.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… is beginning to look like the one which may not do so. Premier League and Bundesliga Soccer would be done by now, but they're going to play out a season.

The NBA and NHL would be in the post-season. Nearing the completion of their seasons. Yet, the NBA has joined the NHL with a plan to return with a playoff format. The NHL plan has already been agreed upon, while the NBA's plan has feelings of optimism surrounding it.

Report: NBA owners expected to approve Orlando restart with 20-22 teams

Then, there's baseball. The sport (among those impacted) which lost the least in terms of value to their season. Summer, the season most associated with baseball, is not even yet upon us. Yet, negotiations are appearing to be headed in the direction of a dead-end. The 2020 season in dire jeopardy. Due to the virus? No. Due to financial disputes.

There's a thought circulating that no 2020 season would be massively detrimental to the league. I must agree. Perhaps not to the casual fan, but to the diehards and the core fan-base? I think it would hurt. At least, that's what I've heard/read.

Regardless of who is wrong/right. It would be a terrible look to have this thing fall apart over money, during a time where so many Americans are in massively worse situations. The players can all tell us how the owners are to blame and visa versa. It doesn't matter, though. Perception is reality. This will be perceived in a hugely negative manner by baseball fans. Especially with all other sports leagues appearing to be on track towards resuming/playing a 2020 season.
this was MLBs chance to be THE sport playing. the only one on TV. they had a chance to recapture an audience.

fuck MLB.