• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB One Player Per Team Playoff Game 3 : Smitty vs Hockey

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue that you are right or wrong, however I see it close...

I got...

1. Randy
2. Maddux
3. Ford
4. Joss
5. Palmer
6. I'm going off what I'd do and I might be wrong but I'd start Maddux... Randy wins
7. Gibson

I think that game 3 win allows Gibson an extra game since Randy must get the game 6 win... I think that game 3 winner is the key... I like the style of offense Smitty is using more... I like his bench slightly, I like your rotation and BP slightly more... I really didn't want to vote on this one but that's why I voted the way I did...:noidea:

I was talking more how you lean defense.

Killebrew at 3rd is duck and pray material. But he's my 1 guy. That's off set immediately by goddamn piazza.

You said you usually lean defense and you won't change that.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do lean defense which is why I mentioned pitching... I'm starting to learn more and form my own opinions on baseball... While there's no doubt most, if not all of you know more about it than me especially the history and older players, I'm starting to be more comfortable with rating certain players... Probably because I've had to read about the same group of guys for the most part... I look for GG, then I look who has the most... Before I do that I look at pitching... Lastly I look at the BP... Then I look at the offense they face... Then bench... Nothing was overly dominant so then I looked at the pitching battles... That's how I came up with it... So you might have the better team I don't dispute that... But what I'm looking for I gave the slight edge to Smitty... It's tough as hell to do it though, I know it doesn't help but that's all I can say...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do lean defense which is why I mentioned pitching... I'm starting to learn more and form my own opinions on baseball... While there's no doubt most, if not all of you know more about it than me especially the history and older players, I'm starting to be more comfortable with rating certain players... Probably because I've had to read about the same group of guys for the most part... I look for GG, then I look who has the most... Before I do that I look at pitching... Lastly I look at the BP... Then I look at the offense they face... Then bench... Nothing was overly dominant so then I looked at the pitching battles... That's how I came up with it... So you might have the better team I don't dispute that... But what I'm looking for I gave the slight edge to Smitty... It's tough as hell to do it though, I know it doesn't help but that's all I can say...
You don't have to apologize for anything. There's no question you try and vote for the team that you thought was the better team

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have actually hit Jeter in the one hole. He had a better OBP than both alomar and Lofton, and had more plate appearances too!!! And if you are hitting Lofton and Jeter one two then I would use the OBP one first especially when that player did strike out a lot. And it is not like Jeter didn't steal bases. He had 30 stolen bases at least one season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the actual matchup, it sucks that you guys faced each other... You both are formed similar with amazing rotations. I don't like that smitty has a bad defensive catcher with nobody really as a defensive replacement. I think that hurts his rotation and for that reason i give hockey's rotation the slightest of an edge.

I do this too, but isn't it cheating to talk about contact hitters and draft players from the 1920s and earlier where everyone didn't strike out!!!

I don't see either team having a big enough advantage, so i will go hockey with the win. Both teams are in my top 5 though!!!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Hockey