• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mizzou vs Texas A&M

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never won anything of importance in the end. He was just another great player that brought home nothing of importance......no titles of any kind.

When you don't win with a great player, it can really affect things going forward. Unless the rest of the team is fantastic, they most likely won't have another JFF anytime soon. Gotta win when you have that kind of talent.

RG3 never won the big 12 with Baylor but look at the success that program is having now with Bryce Petty are you saying A&M can't have that.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fan is just mad because Mizzou has been better than Texas for quite awhile now

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 never won the big 12 with Baylor but look at the success that program is having now with Bryce Petty are you saying A&M can't have that.

Not at all. I'm saying that's not a guarantee for A&M. You want to win WHEN you have superior talent. There are no guarantees you'll win in the future, or that the recruited talent pans out. Texas is PROOF of this.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I'm saying that's not a guarantee for A&M. You want to win WHEN you have superior talent. There are no guarantees you'll win in the future, or that the recruited talent pans out. Texas is PROOF of this.

Agree, however, one good QB who plays hurt and a tall physical WR aren't going to win them all.

Johnny was off target and shockingly slow. You could tell he was in a lot of pain and he kept under throwing receivers. That dude hasn't been right since the Auburn game. We lost to three top 5 teams by one score and were taken to the wood shed by LSU. No they didn't live up to last years team or the hype but I kept telling Aggies who were talking NC all summer to try and be a little more realistic. I thought 10-2 was going to be a great season but was thinking more along the lines of 8-4 and 7-5 after seeing what we had on defense at the beginning of the year. If you want to see some Aggies in full panic mode then go stop by Texags...

Here is my assessment

JFF and Evans - Not ready for NFL but probably gone. Wouldn't be surprised to see them come back but not expecting them too.

Defense was horrible and full of true freshmen but can no longer lean on the inexperienced crutch. I thought they improved a lot and Missouri is the type of team that could have gashed them for a hell of a lot more than 28 points.

I like what they have coming in next year. I think that Kenny Hill or Kyle Allen will be better QB's than JFF mainly because the entire offense will not be centered around their scrambling abilities and the game plan will look more similar to last night where we actually use our RB's...except we would have a QB that could throw the ball. Defense will be better next year but in two years it will be really good.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it; Manziel is injured and did his best. IMO, his Heisman chances are at this point, very dim. He is still, in my mind, the best college quarterback out there. Does that translate into the best pro prospect: probably not.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, however, one good QB who plays hurt and a tall physical WR aren't going to win them all.

Johnny was off target and shockingly slow. You could tell he was in a lot of pain and he kept under throwing receivers. That dude hasn't been right since the Auburn game. We lost to three top 5 teams by one score and were taken to the wood shed by LSU. No they didn't live up to last years team or the hype but I kept telling Aggies who were talking NC all summer to try and be a little more realistic. I thought 10-2 was going to be a great season but was thinking more along the lines of 8-4 and 7-5 after seeing what we had on defense at the beginning of the year. If you want to see some Aggies in full panic mode then go stop by Texags...

Here is my assessment

JFF and Evans - Not ready for NFL but probably gone. Wouldn't be surprised to see them come back but not expecting them too.

Defense was horrible and full of true freshmen but can no longer lean on the inexperienced crutch. I thought they improved a lot and Missouri is the type of team that could have gashed them for a hell of a lot more than 28 points.

I like what they have coming in next year. I think that Kenny Hill or Kyle Allen will be better QB's than JFF mainly because the entire offense will not be centered around their scrambling abilities and the game plan will look more similar to last night where we actually use our RB's...except we would have a QB that could throw the ball. Defense will be better next year but in two years it will be really good.

You make some good points. JFF is no where close to being ready for the NFL. I'm not even sure he will play qb. The NFL is so much faster. His speed will be minimized and I'm just not sure he has the arm strength or the height. Just seems the NFL is moving to these bigger qb's. I'm not to sure I wouldn't put on the weight bench and make him a cb.

Overall, ATM had a good team this year. Could it have been better, of course. We can all say that. I still say moving to the SEC is "be careful for what you wish for." I say that because you have a good team this year, the returning Heisman winner, and you finish 8-4. I know there is room for improvement on defense, but overall the SEC is tough as nails. Alabama can only move sideways or down, but there will always be another SEC team moving up to take their place. Next year it will still be the same with the playoff system, just more teams involved. It will be next to impossible for a team to make the playoff with 2 losses. That is so hard to do in the SEC.

I admit that I'm not 100% objective because I didn't want ATM to leave the Big 12. Only because of the traditions that were lost. I still hate to see college football become all about money. So much has been lost.