• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri-----DENIED------

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, though, big fat LOL @ the SEC fans being all upset because Missouri wanted to go to the Big 10 first. It made more sense for them. Cry about it, bitches. Jesus. Just bring them in as your 14th team and get it over with.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, though, big fat LOL @ the SEC fans being all upset because Missouri wanted to go to the Big 10 first. It made more sense for them. Cry about it, bitches. Jesus. Just bring them in as your 14th team and get it over with.

Bitches? LOL. Are you butt hurt or something?

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star, I definetly agree with you that Missouri is not a great program but I would put them above Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma State (although OSU is changing that), Kansas, and maybe KSU when it comes to football. However, this isn't about football; it is about the money.

Missouri doesn't have a lot of Championships but they often do compete most years in both basketball and football. If you look at overall record, they are better than many of those teams I listed above when it comes to football.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for football, no one has a lot of championships outside of OU.

1996: Texas
1997: Nebraska
1998: Texas A&M
1999: Nebraska
2000: Oklahoma
2001: Colorado
2002: Oklahoma
2003: Kansas State
2004: Oklahoma
2005: Texas
2006: Oklahoma
2007: Oklahoma
2008: Oklahoma
2009: Texas
2010: Oklahoma

Only 6 different Big12 teams have any won the title game. Half the league has never won the title game. Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Iowa State, and Kansas have NEVER been to a Big12 Championship game. It is hard to argue any of those 5 programs have been that much better than Missouri when they haven't even had a Championship game appearance.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star, I definetly agree with you that Missouri is not a great program but I would put them above Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma State (although OSU is changing that), Kansas, and maybe KSU when it comes to football. However, this isn't about football; it is about the money.

Missouri doesn't have a lot of Championships but they often do compete most years in both basketball and football. If you look at overall record, they are better than many of those teams I listed above when it comes to football.

Yes, they compete.....but they don't win. Like EVER. In terms of athletic programs, all those schools above have done MUCH better.

When you don't win, people don't watch. And we all know they won't win in the SEC. If they were a good program to get, the Big 10 would have snatched them up a LOOOOOONG time ago, as they've made it well known that's what they want. This has been no secret for years.

I just don't see Mizzou adding value to the SEC. Similarly I don't see TCU adding value to the Big 12.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri adds a bigger contract and this is what it is all about. I still consider them a better program than Iowa State, Kansas State, and Texas Tech in most sports. Arguably also better than Oklahoma State and Baylor as well.

TCU is a good add for now but I could see them becoming a new Baylor. BYU will be a great add if you guys can pull that out.

This may sound nutts to you know, but I see OU and Texas being in the SEC one day in the future. You guys are going to have to go through a major personality change and be humbled a little but I can see it happening one day. I also think A&M and UT will get along one day again too and will play their rivalry again. Pac12 will not be a good fit. I think UT tries that before the SEC and I think it will fail miserably as well the current Big12. I could be wrong though. This is all opinion based on my observations.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri adds a bigger contract and this is what it is all about. I still consider them a better program than Iowa State, Kansas State, and Texas Tech in most sports. Arguably also better than Oklahoma State and Baylor as well.

TCU is a good add for now but I could see them becoming a new Baylor. BYU will be a great add if you guys can pull that out.

This may sound nutts to you know, but I see OU and Texas being in the SEC one day in the future. You guys are going to have to go through a major personality change and be humbled a little but I can see it happening one day. I also think A&M and UT will get along one day again too and will play their rivalry again. Pac12 will not be a good fit. I think UT tries that before the SEC and I think it will fail miserably as well the current Big12. I could be wrong though. This is all opinion based on my observations.

This is my point.....Mizzou ISN'T better than ANY of those programs, and it's not even CLOSE. They are dead last in conference history in titles across all sports.....Baylor and ISU leave them in the dust in that regard. Mizzou's athletic program has a better reputation than their actual results.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star, the thing is, whether fair or not. The only real sports that matter to most fans is College Football and College Basketball. Missouri has been someone competitive in both sports. If not for OU in 2007, they win Big12 in football. If not for Kansas some years in Basketball, Missouri would have won the league.

They have been successful in both sports to some degree. Far more then some of the other Big12 brethren.

However, I don't think this is about what a team has achieved on the field. If so then Boise State would be high on the radar of many conferences. It is more about the amount of $$$ they can bring. You are right that those markets are by far more interested in pro sports but as I pointed out with the Pac12 contract; television networks don't carry. On their spreadsheet it is still television markets for the SEC. Regional SEC games will be picked up by networks there and get the advertisement which means the $$$$. That is what it is all about unfortunately.

TheDudeAbides

Shomer Shabbat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is my point.....Mizzou ISN'T better than ANY of those programs, and it's not even CLOSE. They are dead last in conference history in titles across all sports.....Baylor and ISU leave them in the dust in that regard. Mizzou's athletic program has a better reputation than their actual results.

No one cares about swimming and track or any womens sports. Fact of the matter is they are usually competitive in the 2 sports that matter. Mens college basketball and football.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares about swimming and track or any womens sports. Fact of the matter is they are usually competitive in the 2 sports that matter. Mens college basketball and football.

I care about swimming :D

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be when Bama/LSU stomps Wisconsin for the title :D

Neither of those teams make me nervous at all. And despite popular tSEC defiance of all that is logical and realistic, we only have to play ONE of those teams for the title. :becky:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those teams make me nervous at all. And despite popular tSEC defiance of all that is logical and realistic, we only have to play ONE of those teams for the title. :becky:

yeah, the one that beats the other one :D

and believe me, the last thing I want to see is Bama win it again :L

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the one that beats the other one :D

and believe me, the last thing I want to see is Bama win it again :L

They're good, but they're not unbeatable. If the Badgers keep playing disciplined defense, that SEC speed will matter about as much as it did the last two times....no offense... It'll be game, however it goes, is all I'm saying. If it happens. We won't shit ourselves like certain other schools from the Big Ten.

our swim teams kick ass!

They do. Hmm. edit: Richard Quick style. RIP

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're good, but they're not unbeatable. If the Badgers keep playing disciplined defense, that SEC speed will matter about as much as it did the last two times....no offense... It'll be game, however it goes, is all I'm saying. If it happens. We won't shit ourselves like certain other schools from the Big Ten.

LOL, yeah it would be a good game

They do. Hmm. edit: Richard Quick style. RIP

:thumb:

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, that's a stone cold FACT son.

Mizzou, across ALL sports mens and womens, have the LEAST amount of conference titles of all schools in conference. They are the WORST ATHLETIC PROGRAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE BIG 12.

Thats not an opinion.

Still running your mouth Texas fan?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Missouri have a game today?? Or is it a bye week?