• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missed the game...

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...something tells me I'm glad I did. WTF happened?????????????

Going to the Thursday game in SD...I'd love to see an inkling of a pulse...tickets were a come up so if it doesn't happen at least I'm not throwing cash at anything but 10 dollar beers.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i watched the highlights....Our OFFENSE PLAYED LIKE CRAP WE LOST 30-7

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D didn't do much better outside of the first play of the game.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here are your Game Highlights!!

Highlight 1

1st and 10 at HOU 19

Schaub short pass INTERCEPTED by Brooks at HST 13. A.Brooks for 13 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Highlight 2

1st and 10 at SF 35

D.Ward FUMBLES, RECOVERED by SF-R.Jean Francois at SF 31.

Highlight 3

3rd and 12 at SF 18

(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass middle to D.Walker to SF 33 for 15 yards & 1st Down!

Highlight 4

3rd and 7 at SF 21

(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass middle to K.Williams to SF 36 for 15 yards & 1st Down!

Highlight 5 (Highlight of the Game!)

3rd and 16 at SF 19

(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass short left to D.Zeigler. Zeigler makes a nearly impossible behind the back, one-handed catch along the left sideline, sheds two tacklers before sprinting at 4.25 speed across the middle of the field.

Zeig then avoided two more would be tacklers by ripping a full speed, change-in-direction spin move that had Barry Sanders tweeting: ZEIG!!!!! After a 15-yard sprint toward to goal line, Zeig leapt over a one last defender before tumbling into the end zone for a TOUCHDOWN!

Unfortunately, upon further review, it was determined Zeig had stepped out of bounds at the SF 29 yard line.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks MW.

Here's what I thought happened...yikes:

"The Texans forged ahead of the 49ers throughout Saturday’s preseason matchup, picking up 22 more first downs than the 49ers, as well as outgaining their opponents 417-105 in net yards. To put the one-sided game into proper perspective: Houston ran 78 plays from scrimmage, while the 49ers ran just 41."

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks MW.

Here's what I thought happened...yikes:

"The Texans forged ahead of the 49ers throughout Saturday’s preseason matchup, picking up 22 more first downs than the 49ers, as well as outgaining their opponents 417-105 in net yards. To put the one-sided game into proper perspective: Houston ran 78 plays from scrimmage, while the 49ers ran just 41."

Hahaha!!!...Yep, that about covers it as well, Gold. I saw those numbers and couldn't stop shaking my head. To add to your #'s I would throw in that our D gave up 172 yards rushing and the TOP was 40:36 to 19:24

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My only concern from the game really was the offensive line but overall since it was pretty clear we went with an attitude of player evaluation and not the typical dress rehearsal that the 3rd preseason game is I'm not really that concerned about the team oddly enough.

The offensive line is a concern though because they plain got flat out whipped like I've never seen an line get whipped before. Vanilla offense or not there isn't an excuse for it and like the Saints game I'm glad it happened now so they can work it out before week 1. I only take comfort in the fact in my opinion it was just due to sloppy technique and fundamentals which can be sharpen up before the season starts with some added attention to it for the remainder of camp and practices.

The other aspects of the team especially the D I believe will work themselves out especially with game planning and adjustments being made. Houston has a good offense and you're simply not going to look great going against them just by running a vanilla defense against them. Especially if they themselves did some game planning on their end.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the player evaluation part, as well as the vanilla O and D, but I'm getting the impression that our line is getting HANDLED almost EVERY GAME. Call me crazy but I though that this would be where we would see the most improvement this year to last.

So far much is left to be desired, and so far it seems this is where the biggest margin of improvement lies. I even think our secondary has closed that gap faster this year.

BUT...I'm a glass is half full kinda guy. We swept in preseason last year and laid an egg of a season...hopefully it is what it is...player evaluation.