• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota to build new indoor facility

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartman: U of M to break ground on new football facility | Star Tribune

Report: Minnesota to build $70 million practice facility - CBSSports.com

Minnesota currently practices in the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex, but the 55-foot ceilings aren't high enough to allow the team to simulate kicks and punts under game conditions. That building was recently renovated for $1 million.

Minnesota believes that the new facility will make them more competitive with their Big Ten brethren, like Northwestern, which is also planning to build a new athletic facility on campus. The cost of Northwestern's facility is expected to exceed $220 million.

Can you believe the Gophers got away with the excuse they could not simulate the kicking game as a reason to get a new facility?

What did WVU pay for its facility again?

:lol:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't even get a field we can use more than once a week. :doh:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70 million equals in state tuition for over 11,000 undergrad students for one year. The CFB arms race is disgusting.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the whole idea of an indoor practice facility was to be able to have practice inside when the weather was bad. The football team practices outside 95% of the time, so what is the big deal? Like another said, it is very disturbing that these schools are spending huge sums of money in a me too frame of mind. Kickers do not kick indoors during a game, and I want them practicing in game conditions. This shit of pouring so much money into football is getting ridiculous, If a kid chooses a school based on whether you can punt the ball inside or not, he is not much of a kid. Mom, Johnny got a better bike, get me one too.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$70 million :shocked:

VT just approved a $21 million indoor practice facility, which is high for a glorified warehouse - but it looks amazing. I can't imagine what spending $70 mil ($862 a square foot) is getting you.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$70 million :shocked:

VT just approved a $21 million indoor practice facility, which is high for a glorified warehouse - but it looks amazing. I can't imagine what spending $70 mil ($862 a square foot) is getting you.

These guys want a full domed stadium to practice in, complaining about our indoor facility, which is better than most. They seem to think every practice is held inside, and if our coaches are indeed holding too many practices in the AC when it is hot, and in the heat when it's cold, that could explain the fourth quarter meltdowns last season.