• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mini-Bye

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so the 1-3 Broncos are on their "mini-bye" after posting their first win on TNF over the Jets. Before the season I had them at 3-1 at this point, with wins over the Titans and Bucs. How could I have guessed the injury list would be this devastating this quickly?

With that said, this extra time before the next game could be what the team needs right now. I don't anticipate Lock will back in time for the tilt with the Pats, and that means Rypien is going to have to be ready to go against a pretty solid defense and a HC who is going to know just how to attack him. I am hopeful Lindsay will be back though, and he'll bring an extra dynamic to the running game.

What else needs to happen in the next few days to give the Broncos a shot against the Pats? (And don't say "injuries to the Pats this Sunday." We're better than that!)

Does anyone think the Broncos have a shot at all in this one?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so the 1-3 Broncos are on their "mini-bye" after posting their first win on TNF over the Jets. Before the season I had them at 3-1 at this point, with wins over the Titans and Bucs. How could I have guessed the injury list would be this devastating this quickly?

With that said, this extra time before the next game could be what the team needs right now. I don't anticipate Lock will back in time for the tilt with the Pats, and that means Rypien is going to have to be ready to go against a pretty solid defense and a HC who is going to know just how to attack him. I am hopeful Lindsay will be back though, and he'll bring an extra dynamic to the running game.

What else needs to happen in the next few days to give the Broncos a shot against the Pats? (And don't say "injuries to the Pats this Sunday." We're better than that!)

Does anyone think the Broncos have a shot at all in this one?
I do. This is a classic sandwich game for the Patriots - they are looking past the Broncos as a beat up - injury riddled team with a green QB - the Broncos get a lift from last week and play with more energy. Whatever the points are for this game - I'd take the Broncos and the points at least.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. This is a classic sandwich game for the Patriots - they are looking past the Broncos as a beat up - injury riddled team with a green QB - the Broncos get a lift from last week and play with more energy. Whatever the points are for this game - I'd take the Broncos and the points at least.

The Pats don't look past teams, though. The evil Sith Lord doesn't let that happen. It's going to take everything going right for the Broncos to get this one.

Then again, the last time the Broncos went up against the Pats with a QB making just his second start, the result was pretty damn epic!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats don't look past teams, though. The evil Sith Lord doesn't let that happen. It's going to take everything going right for the Broncos to get this one.

Then again, the last time the Broncos went up against the Pats with a QB making just his second start, the result was pretty damn epic!
Maybe you're right, but I think human nature is human nature no matter how much HC Belichek won't overlook the Broncos.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're right, but I think human nature is human nature no matter how much HC Belichek won't overlook the Broncos.
That would definitely be great. Catch them with their pants down and it could go a long way toward contributing to a win.

I read Lock is 50-50 to play. Would love to have him back. This season needs to be all about his development and we don’t get that with him in the training room.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would definitely be great. Catch them with their pants down and it could go a long way toward contributing to a win.

I read Lock is 50-50 to play. Would love to have him back. This season needs to be all about his development and we don’t get that with him in the training room.
If he can wing it - that would be optimum and I'd love to see it. Even with Lock starting the Patriots players may see this as a game very hard to get up to play.

One key to the Broncos success on D - will be Josey Jewell's play. Without Von Miller and Casey - Fangio is calling for more blitz packages to put pressure on the QBs. The Outlaw Josey Jewell has to up his game and show versatility for this succeed. Either Jewell fills the vacuum or the D collapses. For Jewell - this is not a read and react mission any longer - his assignment is to rush the passer - clean up the wide stuff and cover the passing zone. Knowing what he is doing as the snap makes him faster in his play. By the way - AJ is just as important as Jewell, but has more of a run gap stopper portfolio.

Last week Jewell was up for it against the lowly Jets. The next game Belichek will try to exploit Jewell - this is a big game for Jewell's career. He should be more confident going in to play the Pats. The rap on Jewell has been that he is too slow to take the coverage responsibility. Jewell had a freakish 3-cone drill time at the combine - like 6.40 - the guy can turn on a dime. Take him out of a read and react responsibility and give him an assignment at the snap - makes him much faster and a better use of his talent. So the Pats will come after him and I say Jewell shows up for this game big time. I also expect the Broncos to be ready to counter - picking on Jewell and have blitz packages designed to exploit trying that.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton tested positive for covid. I would think that he would have to be out of this game and the Broncos should win.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton tested positive for covid. I would think that he would have to be out of this game and the Broncos should win.
Well that’s awful. Hope he makes a full recovery.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wish any person to be infected with COVID. I hope everyone is able to recover with no long lasting effects.

It also sounds like the Pats at Chiefs game will be played on Tuesday, Monday is also an option. If the game is played on Monday it will be less of an issue, but if they play on Tuesday, that is a short week for them, very similar to playing a Thursday Night game.

This mini bye will hopefully allow some of our players to get healthy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not go giving us a win vs the Patriots yet.

A. Newton could be cleared by then although at one point I swore I read a player with covid had to sit out 3 weeks.
B. It is the Patriots, they will be ready.

Sounds like Brian Hoyer is starting over Stidham until Newton is back.