• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Wallace

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes complete sense..... You get a franchise receiver for the 21st overall pick and a large contract? Why not? You have a need at receiver, you have cash to spend and you have an extra first rounder. Why waste a pick on an unproven guy when an all-pro is sitting right there?

All that being said, there is less than a 1% shot we make the guy an offer. Apparently our strategy is to give the job to Armon Binns - A guy nobody else wanted as recently as one year ago. Who-Dey!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have Wallace but I don't think he fits what we need at WR at all.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have Wallace but I don't think he fits what we need at WR at all.

Yeah.... It would suck to have a guy with his speed, his hands, and his big play potential. We should probably go with Whalen.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a big, physical WR who will go over the middle and make the tough catches. We have a deep threat, and Dalton doesn't have nearly the arm that Ben has. Wallaces speed wouldn't be as big a weapon here. I'd rather have a Floyd type player.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Tubbs. We already have a guy who is a #1 WR....having two number 1 WR's could create more of an issue than people realize.

Joe Reedy pointed out he thought Wallace would be a bad fit in Gruden's WC offense, and that the Bengals need more of a Manningham or Meachem type of WR.

Also, with having a #1 WR already, why drop serious money on another WR when other areas of need are really more pressing. I'd rather use that money for Wallace on finding a starting Guard and RB so that going into the draft, the Bengals can truly focus on taking the best players at each spot, that also could fill a need.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tubbs also. Dalton's arm is not strong enough to have both Wallace and Green on the outside....Shipley, Hawkins and Gresham would get tons of balls. I think we need a big tall play maker who can go over the middle and help block on the outside if need be.

I love the idea of Green and Wallace together, but that would serve better with a big arm like Palmer. We are a ball control offense now, and with Green, Shipley, Hawkins, and Gresham, I think we are in good shape if we can add a good #2 who is tall and has great hands. In the mold of a TJ Housh opposite a Chad Johnson type scenerio. One thing I cannot stand is dropped passes, so hands and height I think are goign to be more important to our offense now that I have had a chance to step away from the Wallace idea and re-evaluate.

1st Round - We need a RB, G and/or S (if Nelson leaves), CB

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I've read Reedy's opinion..... Funny that Manningham's reputation coming into the league was as a guy that could get vertical, but struggles across the middle and might be too slim to take hits. Now he is "mister over the middle?" I doubt it.

It's a passing league now -- If you can get a franchise receiver in his mid-twenties for a 21st overall pick, I think you do it. Especially given the fact that are only paying AJ Green rookie deal money for the next three seasons.

Besides, in one thread you guys are all for spending the money (citing the need to spend it) and in another you don't want to?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW -- I'd be happy if we drafted Floyd.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace won't be the same WR here. Dalton doesn't have the arm strength to utilize his speed. I don't want Manningham either. Don't think he is worth what he will make just because he made 1 GREAT play in the SB.

Guys I think fit better than Wallace:

Vincent Jackson
Marques Colston
Reggie Wayne
Early Doucet
Harry Douglas
I'd even take a look at Hines Ward

In the draft:

Michael Floyd
Alshon Jeffery
Mohamed Sanu
Rueban Randle
Dwight Jones
Tommy Streeter
Marvin McNutt
Nick Toon
Brian Quick
Ryan Broyles (who I really like as a mid round pick)
Jeff Fuller
Juron Criner
Devier Posey (maybe my favorite WR in the draft)
Derek Moye

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu would be a good 2nd WR. Huge, good hands.