• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Wallace trade

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami’s reportedly traded WR Mike Wallace and a 7th rounder to Minnesota for a 5th rounder.

The guy was disgruntled - and the only reason he never developed too much of a connection with Tannehill is because of several factors, none of which have anything to do with a disconnetion with Tannehill. Some inconsistencies from Tannehil didnt help, OL trouble, inconsistent running game, etc.

Looks like the Fins are going to go young at the WR spot, unless they pick someone else up through trade or FA - Not sure how helpful that will be to the progression of Tannehill. We do have potential go to guys in Stills and Landry, but we need a veteran presence at the position.

Say what you will about Wallace and even Tannehill - but this is not one of our best moves of the off-season

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I was pretty shocked that Wallace wanted to come here.
From what I remember 2 years ago, the Vikes didn't get him because he wanted to go to a warm weather team. And that was when the Vikes were still in the Dome, now they're actually playing outside.
Hope it works out, Vikes need that deep threat with the way Patterson is so slowly developing.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that Wallace is happy in the slightest but that's what you get for bitching....although I think that Miami should have given the guy a 2nd chance. Looks like it will be WR in the draft unless they sign someone.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I don't think that Wallace is happy in the slightest but that's what you get for bitching....although I think that Miami should have given the guy a 2nd chance. Looks like it will be WR in the draft unless they sign someone.

LOL..That's about what I figured.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami’s reportedly traded WR Mike Wallace and a 7th rounder to Minnesota for a 5th rounder.

The guy was disgruntled - and the only reason he never developed too much of a connection with Tannehill is because of several factors, none of which have anything to do with a disconnetion with Tannehill. Some inconsistencies from Tannehil didnt help, OL trouble, inconsistent running game, etc.

Looks like the Fins are going to go young at the WR spot, unless they pick someone else up through trade or FA - Not sure how helpful that will be to the progression of Tannehill. We do have potential go to guys in Stills and Landry, but we need a veteran presence at the position.

Say what you will about Wallace and even Tannehill - but this is not one of our best moves of the off-season
You all knew Wallace was leaving - one way or the other.
Trading him keeps him out of the AFCE

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This might be one of the few times we actually agree Paolo....as soon as I heard the news, I was STOKED because the report I got only said Miami traded him to the Vikes. I naturally figured Adrian was headed to the Dolphins. When I finally found out that we traded Wallace, AND a 7th....for a FIFTH?!!!!!! What a damned joke!! I mean, Wallace REALLY couldn't fetch at least a 4th or possibly even a 3rd?!!! Ridiculous.....Minnesota is laughing their asses off right now. We would have been better off just keeping Wallace for shits sake!! Lemme guess....once again, Joe Philbin 'bottom lined' this trade because Wallace wouldn't keep his mouth shut about the inefficiencies of our illustrious coaching staff, shocker. Anyways, absolutely a horrible trade. I like the Suh trade, a little intimidated about the $ we signed him for but happy nonetheless. I REALLY like the Stills trade, I think this kid is gonna be a ton to deal with for opposing defenses. I'm REALLY REALLY excited about seeing Jordan in aqua and orange, he very well might end up being Tanny's favorite target. Hopefully we can retain Clay, as our tightend combo packages would be insane. But Hickey really stunk it up with the Wallace trade. Might as well just released the guy.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view it differently then you guys because of the Kenny Stills acquisition. I see him as a young talent that could make an impact similar to Wallace. The Fins just added a player that is 6 years younger than Wallace & has two years remaining on his rookie contract. Plus Stills is a more reliable receiver. I saw a stat today that he is 4th in the NFL at pass catch percentage at 78.8. Stills has big shoes to fill in replacing Wallace however he is an ascending player. As an offense the Fins have a good chance to be better as a team than last year. The Fins now have more money available to keep their best players in the future and to potentially add additional talent to the roster.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this is not the best move, should have been able to get more than a 5th round pick. Guess it does free up some money though. Should they consider making run at Crabtree or Shorts? I know Crabtree is another head case as well. but I do like his talent.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its not all about what you get its cap space too plus he's out of the afc like south said. They also didn't trade anything to get him so getting a 5th is something although let's see where they spend the cash. Not sure if they sign a wr FA like Crabtree or Moore they will most likely draft one for the long term.