• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Stoops BigXII Defensive JOKE or the Year!

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans might be the worst ILB I've seen put the Oklahoma jersey on. And he just continues to get a pass from the staff.
Yeah, he has no speed, no hustle, doesn't tackle. Pretty much wanders around the field looking lost.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they not teaching these players the basic fundamentals of their position?
I would like to think so. It must not be sinking in, or he is not tuned in mentally or something.

Bitties&Teer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Sooners won. If coach Heup was still on staff OU would have gotten blown out.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sit his ass down.
I think so, too. I re-watched the game on Sunday. I couldn't believe how many times Evans didn't seem to be hustling, was out of position, took poor angles to the ball carrier, or just generally looked lost or confused.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me he's the best they got?
Definitely the most experienced. If he's starting he must be the best option. Either the other guys aren't learning or progressing or have other issues going on.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the most experienced. If he's starting he must be the best option. Either the other guys aren't learning or progressing or have other issues going on.

I'm not convinced of this. Bob has always favored his veterans over the younger guys no matter how much better they were. For fuck's sake, guys like Matt Dimon, Jarvis Baxter, Will Johnson, and Jordan Evans have been playing/starting instead of far superior athletes like Marquise Overton, Neville Gallimore, Curtis Bolton, Caleb Kelly, and Mykel Jones. I mean, you've to to be a real physical freak like Peterson, Perine etc... for Bob to play you over a vet that he "trusts". Even if that vet that he "trusts" is completely stinking up the joint (Jordan Evans and Jarvis Baxter) or simply doesn't have the physical tools to compete (Dimon, Austin, Will Johnson). It's one of the reasons I'm so fed up with Bob.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced of this. Bob has always favored his veterans over the younger guys no matter how much better they were. For fuck's sake, guys like Matt Dimon, Jarvis Baxter, Will Johnson, and Jordan Evans have been playing/starting instead of far superior athletes like Marquise Overton, Neville Gallimore, Curtis Bolton, Caleb Kelly, and Mykel Jones. I mean, you've to to be a real physical freak like Peterson, Perine etc... for Bob to play you over a vet that he "trusts". Even if that vet that he "trusts" is completely stinking up the joint (Jordan Evans and Jarvis Baxter) or simply doesn't have the physical tools to compete (Dimon, Austin, Will Johnson). It's one of the reasons I'm so fed up with Bob.
I can't argue with that. Something's got to give.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw guise don't be so poopy.

All we need is a good ol' pep talk from the Boz or some shit.....that'll fix everything.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw guise don't be so poopy.

All we need is a good ol' pep talk from the Boz or some shit.....that'll fix everything.
He's already started...

Brian Bosworth

✔@GotBoz44

Maybe I'm just taking this OUt of context...#854 127 OUt of 128
1f914.png
1f910.png

1:47 PM - 24 Oct 2016

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You nailed it, Romeo. This is one of THE biggest problems at OU. We have guys riding the pine who should be playing and they aren't. Barry Switzer was a fanatic about playing second team personnel during the course of every game. Sometimes they would be in for a couple of plays, sometimes they would be in for a series or two but he was constantly shuffling players in who had the talent to almost make the first team but still were not quite starters. His philosophy was it kept people fresher and it gave everyone more experience when graduations or injuries forced him to make adjustments. I know a lot of guys who played for Barry and they loved his attitude. Even the starters liked it. But Bob? Well, let's just say he thinks we mortals are too fucking stupid to understand how the game is played now a day and Bob Is Always Right.