• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Liut AND Guy Hebert

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking out my new "On this day" app for my iPod and saw that these 2 great goaltenders share a birthday....today!...what are the fuckin' odds?!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking out my new "On this day" app for my iPod and saw that these 2 great goaltenders share a birthday....today!...what are the fuckin' odds?!

The odds that anyone would call either of them great and mean it? 10 brazilian to one.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look up highlights of Mike Liut this is the first that comes up:

What I remember about that series was rooting for the Whalers. Too bad back then we only got bit highlights of the games.

For Hebert it is worse:

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup, no need to respect a goalie like Mike Liut who was voted by the actual players to be the most outstanding player in the league and won the (then) Lester B Pearson and was second to Gretzky in Hart voting. Complete chump. Hehe.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, no need to respect a goalie like Mike Liut who was voted by the actual players to be the most outstanding player in the league and won the (then) Lester B Pearson and was second to Gretzky in Hart voting. Complete chump. Hehe.

He played a ton of games in StL and Hartford. How times have changed that highlight goal that lost the Canadiens series probably would not have counted today due to the goalie interference right before. Then a 3.34 GAA got him second in Hart voting.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, I like Liut as much as the next guy, I was just challenging the notion that he would be considered one of the greats.

He was a serviceable and at times quality netminder. The first Sean Burke, if you will.

Hebert was crap.

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ya, Hebert was crap. The only way he became a semi-household name was because the NHL actually did some marketing back then and really pumped up the new NHL franchises, like Anaheim, who picked Hebert early in the expansion draft.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I like Liut as much as the next guy, I was just challenging the notion that he would be considered one of the greats.

He was a serviceable and at times quality netminder. The first Sean Burke, if you will.
Hebert was crap.

Good comparison for Liut. This might sound crazy but Tom Barrasso was not much different either he just happened to be on some great teams that could score a ton to win.