• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Commodore Waived

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He requested it. Actually I think he requested a trade, but not a lot of teams look at that salary in a good light. That and big, bruising defencemen aren't a hot commodity (<---heh heh) in the league, especially at that tag.

So you're saying he's up the brick shithouse with no paddle?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He requested it. Actually I think he requested a trade, but not a lot of teams look at that salary in a good light. That and big, bruising defencemen aren't a hot commodity (<---heh heh) in the league, especially at that tag.

2rub7eoeem-t.jpg

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I read this thread, my wife is playing Pandora, on a kids station, and Lurie Berkner "Rhubarb Pie (Hot Commodity)" comes on.

I'm a little freaked out right now.

Pandora can peer into my brain.

... runs to get tin foil hat....

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn fools :L

Everyone knows the Hershey's Kiss style hat only concentrates the evil.

"The Napolean" is the only way to truly protect yourself.

images

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheel!!! Did u see this article????

Blown call still haunts Major League Baseball umpire Jim Joyce - ESPN

I still can't forgive him for kicking that call, but my God!! People overreacted.

Sorry for the highjack

Good luck Commodore :rolleyes:

Thx for that, I had missed it. I think the Red Sox first baseman who lost the World Series still gets death threats to this day. Baseball is a funny sport. Oh well. At least ol' Joyce's remorse seems real.

But my signature stays. :mad:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting story about his departure.

Blue Jackets' Commodore waived, lashes out at coach | The Columbus Dispatch

Arniel said Wednesday that his decision to scratch Commodore in recent games "is not personal. It's about hockey skills." He reiterated that yesterday.

Commodore begged to differ.

"I think it is personal," he said. "He says it isn't, but I have some serious doubts. I was playing well before I was scratched. That trip (to western Canada) might have been one of the better road trips I've ever had, and then we get back and I get scratched.

"For him to say I can't even crack the lineup on a team that it would be one thing if we were in first place. But for a team that's up and down, I just don't buy it. Sorry."

I have nothing against Commo (yeah, SUUURE I don't, just like Scott Arniel!) but haven't I heard this song and dance before? I could have sworn I read a story just like this about how Babcock had some personal vendetta against him back in their Anaheim days... is Commo a coach hater? His teammates seem to like him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting story about his departure.

Blue Jackets' Commodore waived, lashes out at coach | The Columbus Dispatch

Arniel said Wednesday that his decision to scratch Commodore in recent games "is not personal. It's about hockey skills." He reiterated that yesterday.

Commodore begged to differ.

"I think it is personal," he said. "He says it isn't, but I have some serious doubts. I was playing well before I was scratched. That trip (to western Canada) might have been one of the better road trips I've ever had, and then we get back and I get scratched.

"For him to say I can't even crack the lineup on a team that it would be one thing if we were in first place. But for a team that's up and down, I just don't buy it. Sorry."

I have nothing against Commo (yeah, SUUURE I don't, just like Scott Arniel!) but haven't I heard this song and dance before? I could have sworn I read a story just like this about how Babcock had some personal vendetta against him back in their Anaheim days... is Commo a coach hater? His teammates seem to like him.

His teammates love him, but that's where he becomes dangerous. He's a bit of a free spirit and apparently has a hard time listening. For a coach that can apparently only manage one type of player, he can be a nightmare. And to a coach that wants him to play like anyone other than Mike Commodore, he's even worse.

That's the apparent root of this, Arniel wants him to play within the team standard of the mobile D, and he just simply isn't that guy. So he said I can't make it here, so trade me somewhere I can fit in.

And Howson seems to have taken a page out Murray's mismanagement handbook and took it public. And even worse for Arniel, he left Commo in the locker room. So, a guy who the players love, is in that room and unhappy or distracted. The players gravitate towards him and the whole room is down. Arniel can't motivate or change the one guy who is allowed to fester and BAM! The room is gone.

Can't say it's either's fault. Arniel can't relate to Commie, and Mike can't be anything other than what he is. Howson screwed the pooch here. He should have sent him down immediately, or at least sent him home while he worked out a trade. Bottom line is, the room is gone and it's not coming back.

I expect Arniel to be out of a job this summer. And it's a shame, he's a good coach. Totally not his fault.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His teammates love him, but that's where he becomes dangerous. He's a bit of a free spirit and apparently has a hard time listening. For a coach that can apparently only manage one type of player, he can be a nightmare. And to a coach that wants him to play like anyone other than Mike Commodore, he's even worse.

That's the apparent root of this, Arniel wants him to play within the team standard of the mobile D, and he just simply isn't that guy. So he said I can't make it here, so trade me somewhere I can fit in.

And Howson seems to have taken a page out Murray's mismanagement handbook and took it public. And even worse for Arniel, he left Commo in the locker room. So, a guy who the players love, is in that room and unhappy or distracted. The players gravitate towards him and the whole room is down. Arniel can't motivate or change the one guy who is allowed to fester and BAM! The room is gone.

Can't say it's either's fault. Arniel can't relate to Commie, and Mike can't be anything other than what he is. Howson screwed the pooch here. He should have sent him down immediately, or at least sent him home while he worked out a trade. Bottom line is, the room is gone and it's not coming back.

I expect Arniel to be out of a job this summer. And it's a shame, he's a good coach. Totally not his fault.

LOL...I had to laugh at that statement.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commodore is a good guy, but he strikes me as difficult to coach. As you stated he doesn't like change. When you're making almost 4 mil though, you do whatever the coach wants.

His contract was always ludicrous; he's now a victim of that. He can still play as a 5-6 d-man, but at that price he probably won't.