• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan St @ Nebraska Game Week Thread

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate that we don't have Taylor's speed this year to really stretch that Defense out....

We're gonna be so condensed.....running Abdullah between the tackles and shit.....trying to pound out yards with a depleted Offensive Line against one of the best Defenses in the country.

Taylor's success on the ground in that game last year is what allowed Abdullah to be successful in that game. We were multi-dimensional whereas we are extremely one-dimensional this time around.

With the addition of using the fullbacks, Cross needs to split some carries with AA, even as good as he is he can't take getting hit by 250lb LB's all day, Cross is built for a power knuckle dragger game like this (should be)

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams aka field goals are gonna be crucial

Honestly we should just go punt block and not waste time trying to return kicks

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fact

I'd even be happy if we didn't field a kick or punt the rest of the year, better option than giving the ball up on a muff inside the 20 twice per/gm

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish....

I can't remember the last time Bo went after a punt......it probably ended up in a roughing the kicker penalty or somethin

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been mentioned by other folks here as well but I would like to see how msu likes the triple option

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish....

I can't remember the last time Bo went after a punt......it probably ended up in a roughing the kicker penalty or somethin

I don't remember if it was the last attempt at blocking a punt, but if my memory serves me correctly, one was attempted in the 2011 Michigan game, and you guessed it, we got a roughing the kicker penalty. Of course Michigan then proceeded towards our endzone for a TD.

I believe Nebraska had just closed the gap from 31-10 to 31-17, then our defense held them, only to get that roughing penalty. I remember thinking Bo had to have been one of the worst big game decision makers I had ever seen! After Michigan made it a 38-17 game, it was pretty much over right then.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh by the way... Bad news! I had a dream last night about the upcoming game and it wasn't pretty. MSU won 27-10.

Over the years I've had 6 or 7 Nebraska game dreams, and the only one that was wrong was the 2000 ND game. I dreamt that ND won 24-21, but Nebraska won that one 27-24.

Another that I had had was in 1981 after Nebraska beat ISU 31-7 and Gill was injured during that game. I dreamt that Nebraska beat OU 37-7. Nebraska won that game 37-14 with their second string QB Mark Mauer!

Another one that stands out was the 1996 Fiesta Bowl. I remember dreaming that Nebraska was going to just annihilate Florida. When I woke up, I thought no way! I figured it would be a close game. Nebraska of course won that one 62-24.

I never got a score on the other Nebraska games.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-13 Huskers Win

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3.5 to 6.5 is the spread MSU favorite

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been mentioned by other folks here as well but I would like to see how msu likes the triple option
-------
IMO, the triple option would take more than one week of practice. Even now running the option, many times it takes too long to deveop and the defense figures it out. Triple option takes timing. And I dont' think you can get that in just one week. Plus it takes a healty OL.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
IMO, the triple option would take more than one week of practice. Even now running the option, many times it takes too long to deveop and the defense figures it out. Triple option takes timing. And I dont' think you can get that in just one week. Plus it takes a healty OL.

I agree with you. The triple option has too many risks for turnovers against a fast defense like Mich St. Too much timing involved and the ball is in the air a lot.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baptiste has been too quiet lately. He almost had a pick last weekend @ Michigan. He's due.

That being said Michigan St is #26 in turnover margin. (opposed to Nebraska @ #84)

Michigan St

6 Fumbles Recovered
6 fumbles Lost

10 Passes Intercepted
4 Interceptions Thrown

It's not that Michigan St won't throw the ball, because they do. They've thrown it 279 times which is well within the averages in Pass Attempts. However, they are only 100th in passing offense.

Nebraska

3 Fumbles Recovered
9 Fumbles Lost

12 Passes Intercepted
9 Interceptions Thrown

The key to Nebraska winning is no different than any game.

1.) Shut down Mich St's running game and force them to put the ball in the air. Langford is on a string of four 100 yd rushing games (110, 140, 104, and 125 respectively). To start the season (when their offense was a laughing stock) he was 101, 38, 69, 71, and 44 respectively.

2.) Lean on Abdullah running downhill and limit turnovers. If forced to throw, roll Tommy out. Don't let him sit in the pocket where he'll get destroyed. Give Tommy the Tight End on those roll outs. Tell Tommy, if nobody is open take 2, 3, 4 yds. Don't try to force things. Punt and live another day.

Like Jed said earlier. Michigan St hasn't met a rushing team like Nebraska. The Huskers need to take the game right at them 'downhill'. If it isn't working early, stay the course. If the Huskers play finesse (on their heels) football offensively, if they try to be someone they're not, they will lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish....

Michigan game 2011 cost us on the comeback

last PR was 2011 Fresno St game with AA.

If we're not gonna field punts that rush 11 and let's try to block one. seriously we are last in PR yards . OR are better but not like 2011 which was our last good all round special team season

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baptiste has been too quiet lately. He almost had a pick last weekend @ Michigan. He's due.

That being said Michigan St is #26 in turnover margin. (opposed to Nebraska @ #84)

Michigan St

6 Fumbles Recovered
6 fumbles Lost

10 Passes Intercepted
4 Interceptions Thrown

It's not that Michigan St won't throw the ball, because they do. They've thrown it 279 times which is well within the averages in Pass Attempts. However, they are only 100th in passing offense.

Nebraska

3 Fumbles Recovered
9 Fumbles Lost

12 Passes Intercepted
9 Interceptions Thrown

The key to Nebraska winning is no different than any game.

1.) Shut down Mich St's running game and force them to put the ball in the air. Langford is on a string of four 100 yd rushing games (110, 140, 104, and 125 respectively). To start the season (when their offense was a laughing stock) he was 101, 38, 69, 71, and 44 respectively.

2.) Lean on Abdullah running downhill and limit turnovers. If forced to throw, roll Tommy out. Don't let him sit in the pocket where he'll get destroyed. Give Tommy the Tight End on those roll outs. Tell Tommy, if nobody is open take 2, 3, 4 yds. Don't try to force things. Punt and live another day.

Like Jed said earlier. Michigan St hasn't met a rushing team like Nebraska. The Huskers need to take the game right at them 'downhill'. If it isn't working early, stay the course. If the Huskers play finesse (on their heels) football offensively, if they try to be someone they're not, they will lose.

can you send this to the staff like ASAP.

dead serious follow this plan and we should win. it's gonna be low scoring game something of 19-12 field goal fest.

we can't have turnovers, load the box if msu has 300 yards passing I'm ok with that DONT LET THEM RUN ON THE GROUND.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking there was a roughing the kicker last year against Wisconsin (the Alt uni game) that extended their drive to a TD.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking there was a roughing the kicker last year against Wisconsin (the Alt uni game) that extended their drive to a TD.

your right it was either SJB or Harvey Jackson

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU may have one of the top rated defenses but look at who they have played. Iowa and Indiana are the only two teams that they played that have a rushing ranking lower than 85th at 43rd & 33rd respectively. Although neither of them gained many yards on the ground against MSU they really haven't been tested. Nebraska comes into this game with the 15th best rushing offense in the country. I may be just being a homer but, I believe that Nebraska won't have a (major) problem moving the ball against MSU.

Rushing Rankings:
Western Michigan - 111
South Florida - 113
Youngstown State - NR / FCS
Notre Dame - 85
Iowa - 43
Indiana - 33
Purdue - 122
Illinois - 95
Michigan - 96

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we weren't banged up I wouldn't be worried about msu. Early in the season I wasn't but our offense isn't multiple anymore so msu can attack us without worrying about surprises.

but people are right this is the best offense and rush attack that they have faced this season .

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No homo

27-12 NU

Msu's defense may score a td, offense will not