• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Sam Documentary Postponed

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sam documentary with Oprah Winfrey Network postponed - ESPN

The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) and Michael Sam's representation announced Friday evening that it was postponing its documentary series with the openly gay football player.

"After careful consideration and discussion with the St. Louis Rams. 'The Untitled Michael Sam Project' has been postponed, allowing Michael the best opportunity to achieve his dreams of making the team," said OWN president Erik Logan, in a statement. "OWN is about elevating and empowering people to achieve their best. It's clear that we, along with the world, recognize the opportunity that Michael has in this moment. We will continue to support him in his journey to earn a spot playing for the Rams."

The statement also included a comment from Sam's agent Cameron Weiss, who met with the Rams in person on Friday.

"After today's meeting with the Rams, we felt it is best to postpone the project," Weiss said. "This will allow for Michael to have total focus on football, and will ensure no distractions to his teammates. Everybody involved remains committed to project and understands its historical importance as well as its positive message."

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spidey-bitch.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. Priceless reaction!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redseat we also have this thread going on the Rams pages. This thing ought to be interesting to watch it unfold and destroy any attempt by Snisher to rebuild the Rams. It is only go to escalate.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redseat we also have this thread going on the Rams pages. This thing ought to be interesting to watch it unfold and destroy any attempt by Snisher to rebuild the Rams. It is only go to escalate.

Sorry about that my friend. I will have to check out the Rams page then.

Fordman, Hammer, etc could you merge this thread?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about that my friend. I will have to check out the Rams page then.

Fordman, Hammer, etc could you merge this thread?

Not a good idea to merge NFL general threads with team boards thread, often times you'll see team threads talk about the same thread that is going on here. Same thread different audience, we'll keep them seperate.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the coaches sat Sam down and told him "It'll be a very short show if you're dumb enough to spend half your time as a media whore instead of a football player."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good idea to merge NFL general threads with team boards thread, often times you'll see team threads talk about the same thread that is going on here. Same thread different audience, we'll keep them seperate.

Fair enough. Thanks for the input

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move by him. Wait to make the money off of this once he's out of the league and needs the cash.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the coaches sat Sam down and told him "It'll be a very short show if you're dumb enough to spend half your time as a media whore instead of a football player."

Oh I'm sure they talked to him, but probably not like that.

If he was a 3rd or 4th year pro this kind of distraction probably wouldn't be a big deal, but to a rookie trying to make the team it wouldn't be acceptable no matter what the topic. I'm sure they had to have told him that bringing extra unnecessary attention on top of what already exists in this case is going to make it much harder for him to make the team.

No doubt they are going to film him through this anyway and use it if he doesn't make the team. He is going to make as much money off this whole thing as he can.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not allowing Oprah access is the best thing imaginable for St Louis. Michael Sam is trying to be the situation off of Jersey Shore and allowing that is just going to destroy that locker room.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move. Gong through with the documentary puts undue pressure on the Rams to keep Michael Sam even if he isn't a good enough football player. If he's going to earn it, earn it on the field not with the pressure of television cameras forcing decisions.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he makes the team only because people will use him being cut as some sort of political BS to advance their agenda. Sort of like Tim Tebow. It had nothing to do with his religion or sex life, He just wasn't a good QB and wouldn't try another position.
We got murderers, rapists, drug addicts and whatever in the NFL. Nobody cares who you are off the field as long as you can play.

If Sam can make the team based on his skill level then congratulations to him. But that line is already deep in talent. The documentary would just be a distraction and the other gays might come out just for some attention too! People are making just too much out of a small story. Might even be harming his chances with all the media hype.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not allowing Oprah access is the best thing imaginable for St Louis. Michael Sam is trying to be the situation off of Jersey Shore and allowing that is just going to destroy that locker room.

Oprah wasn't going to get any special access to Rams Park anyway.

I do agree that heading this off at the pass was a good idea for everyone involved, though. The Rams didn't need this hanging over training camp. When/if he makes the team, he can pick things up from there, if he really wants to.

If I was Sam, though... I'd fire my representation immediately. The whole thing was an ill-conceived idea to begin with. If his agents were behind all this (which I believe to be the case), then they're exploiting him. If it was solely Sam's idea, the they're obviously either too incompetent, or don't care enough about his best interests to put the brakes on, themselves.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he makes the team only because people will use him being cut as some sort of political BS to advance their agenda. Sort of like Tim Tebow. It had nothing to do with his religion or sex life, He just wasn't a good QB and wouldn't try another position.
We got murderers, rapists, drug addicts and whatever in the NFL. Nobody cares who you are off the field as long as you can play.

If Sam can make the team based on his skill level then congratulations to him. But that line is already deep in talent. The documentary would just be a distraction and the other gays might come out just for some attention too! People are making just too much out of a small story. Might even be harming his chances with all the media hype.

:agree:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move by him. Wait to make the money off of this once he's out of the league and needs the cash.

Because of his story and the magnitude behind it, he's going to get paid regardless of whether he ever steps foot on an NFL field.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart business move.

They just realized they were investing in a 7th round pick. Better to let it play out.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't ask Fordman to move a thread. It is his life's work. He ought to change his name to "Janitor General."

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is this now PC or PIC? I'm so confused...:noidea: