• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Crabtree

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree visited with the Dolphins. Would be a good pickup if we get him - while somewhat inconsistent and banged up - the guy has the potential to be the go to guy the Dolphins lack after getting rid of Wallace for virtually nothing

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A contract with a team friendly cap hit could be a good option. That said I have a few concerns: It's not the effects of his achilles injury that concern me the most. Grimes overcame that obstacle and he's jumping and making plays. He's been one of the top CB's in the league. The Fins need to be sure that Crabtree can handle a reduced role if that's what the team needs. Crabtree would be playing for his next contract yet Landry is a player on the rise that deserves a lot of passes thrown his way. Landry seldom drops the ball and gets a lot of yards after the catch. Landry is a valuable player to the team (I think the team needs to find another kick returner so that Landry can just focus on that responsibility & not add to his risk of injury but that's another story) Stills is a very good deep threat. Cameron will probably get open and get opportunities to catch the ball & he'll be making plays. Crabtree would have to make the most of potentially less opportunities with a good attitude. In SF he didn't like being the third option. The Fins have a chance to win & Crabtree could be a part of that. Also, he would need to minimize his drops to earn Tannehill's trust.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's a better redzone target then it would be a great move. I already believe that Cameron will be better in the zone than Clay and Crabtree could be close to Wallace especially if you weigh it out with Stills and Hartline. I think they'd be better than last year especially with Tanny being a year older.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can help you guys if he can regain his 2012 form. He's had some sort of leg injury the past three out of the past four years. He tore his achilles two years ago and was supposed to be better last year, but he did not look good at all. Watching him on film, he struggled to get separation from even average DBs

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can help you guys if he can regain his 2012 form. He's had some sort of leg injury the past three out of the past four years. He tore his achilles two years ago and was supposed to be better last year, but he did not look good at all. Watching him on film, he struggled to get separation from even average DBs

I don't think he'd have to have over a thousand yards to help the Fins offense. The team has guys like TE Cameron and WR Landry that could put up some big numbers. WR Stills is also very capable of gaining lots of yards and scoring TD's. I think that between what Landry and Stills bring to the offense as WR's the team will be fine even though Wallace is gone. The Fins need a reliable complementary player to fill the void since Hartline and Gibson left though. Neither of those guys had huge years for the Fins last year but they both contributed. If Crabtree had 68 catches for 698 yrds and 4 TD's again like last year that could help the Fins. The question is would Crabtree be content with a complimentary role if that is what the Fins need?? Also the Fins have Rishard Matthews on the roster. He could be ready to take a step up in his career with more opportunities to catch the ball. The Fins will probably draft a WR. Adding a quality veteran WR could enable the team to use the first two early picks to improve the defense. Otherwise they could probably get a star WR at #14.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 40% of players regain their form after Achilles tendon tear.
For a great player like Crabtree, it was worth it to the 49ers to give him a chance. For the 49ers to let him walk after they gave him that chance - very telling.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a great player like Crabtree, it was worth it to the 49ers to give him a chance. For the 49ers to let him walk after they gave him that chance - very telling.
I'm sure they looked at him and some time has passed it doesn't look like anything is happening...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they looked at him and some time has passed it doesn't look like anything is happening...

Sure looks that way. I am thinking Miami passed on him. Crabtree has experienced a harsh reality this offseason of his worth in this league

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think I would ever have considered him great. He had one good year and that is about it. Crabtree thought he could get a good deal out there and no one is biting. Even San Diego passed and signed Stevie Johnson instead.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins look to be waiting but if the price goes down I can still see them signing a vet like Crabtree, Jennings, etc...and I do expect the price to go down as obviously no one's biting.